+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

nanchay

Jul 29, 2014
Hi...just want to ask to you guys....its about the 24 months requirement before we can apply for open/PR...in my case, i went vacation to philippines for 20 working days...is it still counted to 24 months? so confused here...they said i need to extend 20 working days before i can apply it...please help...thanks

yvrvic

Jul 19, 2014
20 working days is your allotted vacation over the 2 years. (ie 2 weeks per year here in BC). So this means you should be alright to apply. You could always check your hours as well, and see if you are over 3900, and use option 2(which is an average of 39 hours per week if you had 4 weeks total vacation).

iamannegee

Sep 24, 2013
Hello everybody,

I want to ask something, I am a single applicant an I got an email yesterday regarding my application. It says:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class. However, a final decision will not be made
until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both
in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying
to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your
family members have passed the medicals and background checks.
You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit please ensure you include
a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter should outline the type of
course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the expected completion
date.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.

I'm wondering if, aside from this email, will I receive a second email that will instruct me what to do and how much to pay? Is this the AIP email? Thanks.

OPW/PR Application: March 24, 2014
OPW Granted: June 11, 2014
AIP Letter: July 30, 2014

Mharnieyah

Mar 27, 2014
@iamannegee,you will receive another email about the 490 dollars that u have to pay if u didn't pay it yet and the schedule of your interview and what to bring...;)
Good luck.I just finished my interview last monday.

teentinz

Jun 18, 2014
Hi Mharnieyah, how's your interview? Do they give you the result right away? And what do they usually ask if you dont mind me asking, thanks ;D

khaeye09

Jul 31, 2014
Hi guys! Just want to share my timeline:

Jan 22 2014 - submitted application for OWP/PR
Feb 7 - application recieved
March 18 - OWP recieved
June 22 - AIP recieved via e-mail
June 23 - paid for Right of PR
July 29 - letter of appointment via e-mail
Aug 8 - scheduled interview

Single applicant from Toronto

To God be the Glory!

Vhen

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 april 2014
Med's Request
31 july 2014
Med's Done....
20 august 2014
Interview........
July 14 2015
Passport Req..
03 february 2015
LANDED..........
july 14 2015
Hi guys just want to share that i received AIP and Medical request for my family

Married applicant
Application received april 17 ( AOR )
OWP approved - june 4 and received it on mail june 9,2014
Received AIP and MEDICAL INSTRUCTION AS WELL AS PAYMENT FOR Pr Fee today JULY 31,2014

God is really good and amazing..

Wishing you all to get yours soon.

GOODLUCK GUYS.

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
Got my AIP and Medical Request for my family back home..

May 8 2014 - Received AOR
July 23 - OWP approved
July 31 - AIP and Med Req for my Family

Congrats to everyone here, God is So Good! ;)

nanchay

Jul 29, 2014
yvrvic said:
20 working days is your allotted vacation over the 2 years. (ie 2 weeks per year here in BC). So this means you should be alright to apply. You could always check your hours as well, and see if you are over 3900, and use option 2(which is an average of 39 hours per week if you had 4 weeks total vacation).

Hi YVRVIC.....thank you so much for the info...its already 2 months from now before i gonna apply..so happy and excited...months from now hopefully, i will see them here in canada...congratz to all of you guys...hope we are next soon....

iamannegee

Sep 24, 2013
Mharnieyah said:
@ iamannegee,you will receive another email about the 490 dollars that u have to pay if u didn't pay it yet and the schedule of your interview and what to bring...;)
Good luck.I just finished my interview last monday.
Thanks! Can you share your timeline please? I'm too excited haha!

ms.caregiver

Jul 22, 2014
Re: Applying option 2 under LCP

Hello everyone!
Im only new in this forum.Just wanna some question regarding option 2.I've worked 40/week in my previous employer.And now in my current employer,Im working 44hrs a week.So in my 22months of full time employment,I will be able to complete the 3900hours soon since I started working at 44hours regular time.My question is,am I eligible now to apply for owp and pr eventhough I don't have overtime work? Thank you in advance.God bless us all.

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
nanchay said:
Hi...just want to ask to you guys....its about the 24 months requirement before we can apply for open/PR...in my case, i went vacation to philippines for 20 working days...is it still counted to 24 months? so confused here...they said i need to extend 20 working days before i can apply it...please help...thanks
I didn't count the days when I had vacation. So I worked more days/weeks before applying for OWP and PR.
If I were you, I would work 20 more working days before submitting OWP and PR application to be in the safe side. I didn't want my application to be returned because I didn't have enough hours.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Re: Applying option 2 under LCP

ms.caregiver said:
Hello everyone!
Im only new in this forum.Just wanna some question regarding option 2.I've worked 40/week in my previous employer.And now in my current employer,Im working 44hrs a week.So in my 22months of full time employment,I will be able to complete the 3900hours soon since I started working at 44hours regular time.My question is,am I eligible now to apply for owp and pr eventhough I don't have overtime work? Thank you in advance.God bless us all.
If you have 3,900 hours on your 22mos then you can apply. Overtime is added to regular hours in order for the applicant to have enough hours to comply the needed 3,900 hours. In your case that you have enough regular hours then you can use option 2 for your application.

rrsd0608

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
jpaulianne said:
Got my AIP and Medical Request for my family back home..

May 8 2014 - Received AOR
July 23 - OWP approved
July 31 - AIP and Med Req for my Family

Congrats to everyone here, God is So Good! ;)
Congrats jpaulianne!!! God is really good:)