+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

ivygal

Jun 30, 2014
Hi there. Newbie here.. CIC received my OWP/PR applilication on May 13. Until now I have not receive any confirmation letter from CIC. I called sometime in 3rd week of June, the agent told me that I have to wait for 4 months. I am very anxious waiting for the result. ??? :-[

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
ivygal said:
Hi there. Newbie here.. CIC received my OWP/PR applilication on May 13. Until now I have not receive any confirmation letter from CIC. I called sometime in 3rd week of June, the agent told me that I have to wait for 4 months. I am very anxious waiting for the result. ??? :-[
Hi goodluck Po! We'r on the same track, i am just ahead of 5 days..

I got my confirmation letter last june 4, maybe ur's is coming pretty soon. ;D

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
Yen27 said:
Sent my owp/pr application last march 30 2014. No owp yet.
Hi yen27, i got it, so ur waiting time for ur OWP is 3months and 4days..

I'm gonna start to count mine!, anyway i want to congratulate u again! Way more to go.. ;D

Yen27

Jun 18, 2014
Sent my applications for owp and pr march 30, 2014. Owp approved June 30, 2014 and they sent it July 2. :) valid until June 30, 2018 :)

pamela1686

Mar 12, 2014
Hi guys!

I will go to canada as a caregiver and I have been doing some research about what will happen after I finish my 2 years ( PR and OWP) for what i have read here it takes around 1 month or 2 to get the OWP right? during that time u guys continue as a caregiver? or is it possible to go out of Canada during that time? .... and about the PR, i read that it can take months or even years? also during the waiting time is it possible to go out of canada or do u need to be living in canada the whole time until u get the PR? .... and my last question haha sorry Im really lost and cant find reliable information. When u apply for your PR if you are married you apply for your partner at the same time?
Supposedly the caregiver program let u apply for PR for husband/wife and parents after working in canada for 2 years.

thanks for reading me :)

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
pamela1686 said:
Hi guys!

I will go to canada as a caregiver and I have been doing some research about what will happen after I finish my 2 years ( PR and OWP) for what i have read here it takes around 1 month or 2 to get the OWP right? during that time u guys continue as a caregiver? or is it possible to go out of Canada during that time? .... and about the PR, i read that it can take months or even years? also during the waiting time is it possible to go out of canada or do u need to be living in canada the whole time until u get the PR? .... and my last question haha sorry Im really lost and cant find reliable information. When u apply for your PR if you are married you apply for your partner at the same time?
Supposedly the caregiver program let u apply for PR for husband/wife and parents after working in canada for 2 years.

Hi there, here's the link below to answer all your questions;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/permanent_resident.asp

Goodluck and Have Fun working as Caregiver! ;D

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
pamela1686 said:
Hi guys!

After submission of your PR &OWP application you need to work under Live in Caregiver as you cannot work on other fields unless you received your OWP. Once you received your OWP then you can work on any jobs other than Caregiving if you want. You can also leave Canada for a holiday anytime you want but it will only delay your PR application as you needed to work for 24 months or 3,900 hours for 22 months. You can also leave Canada on holiday even if you don't have yet your OWP . When you submit your PR application it will also process your spouse and kids as your dependents but not parents.you can sponsor your parents in the future once you received your PR.

purelife777

Apr 24, 2014
My OWP was mailed right now!!!
I have not got email about OWP from CIC.
I was so surprised. :eek:

It was issued on Jun 27.
CIC recieved my apprication on Apr 3.

I hope yours is coming soon.

Good luck!!

pamela1686

Mar 12, 2014
mylady833 said:
After submission of your PR &OWP application you need to work under Live in Caregiver as you cannot work on other fields unless you received your OWP. Once you received your OWP then you can work on any jobs other than Caregiving if you want. You can also leave Canada for a holiday anytime you want but it will only delay your PR application as you needed to work for 24 months or 3,900 hours for 22 months. You can also leave Canada on holiday even if you don't have yet your OWP . When you submit your PR application it will also process your spouse and kids as your dependents but not parents.you can sponsor your parents in the future once you received your PR.
Thank u!! very useful info.
it a little confusing about all the 24 months or 3,900 hrs of work... means my legal vacation time will not be counted? for example in my contract i have 15 days off and legal holidays... so if i count per hour to get the 3,900 I cannot count this time, but if i count by months its ok? Im getting a little ahead of time because if not even in canada yet, still waiting for my working visa, but its good to know, thank u again

pamela1686

Mar 12, 2014
jpaulianne said:
Hi there, here's the link below to answer all your questions;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/permanent_resident.asp

Goodluck and Have Fun working as Caregiver! ;D
thanks!!!

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
pamela1686 said:
Thank u!! very useful info.
it a little confusing about all the 24 months or 3,900 hrs of work... means my legal vacation time will not be counted? for example in my contract i have 15 days off and legal holidays... so if i count per hour to get the 3,900 I cannot count this time, but if i count by months its ok? Im getting a little ahead of time because if not even in canada yet, still waiting for my working visa, but its good to know, thank u again
Under option 2 you will count all the hours including overtime worked to add up on your required 3,900 hours. If you are on holiday and not working i don't see how you will add those hours? If you are not working so you dont have any hours of work right? So No you cannot add hours when you are relaxing on your holiday. Goodluck to you and do not stress too much on your PR application as there will be new changes soon. I hope you get your work permit soon!

ai_enma

Sep 16, 2012
Hi guys! Just wanna share my timeline.

February 10, 2014 - Application Received
May 8, 2014 - Received OWP
June 24, 2014 - PR Processing Start
June 30, 2014 - Decision Made
July 4, 2014 - Received AIP & DM letter