+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

Star Member
May 3, 2011
jenrhea said:
im planning to use the 24 mos.so if i started oct1 2012 can i pass my application first week of october ds yr?
I think over 24 months from October 1st, 2012 is after October 31st, 2014. How come you cannot wait until November?
If your employer is supportive, why don't you use option 2 (Over 3900 hours)?

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
jenrhea said:
im planning to use the 24 mos.so if i started oct1 2012 can i pass my application first week of october ds yr?
If you started working Oct. 01, 2012 then your 24th month would be Oct 31, 2014. If you really are in a hurry to submit an application early then better apply under option 2 then you can submit now. Remember that when you submit your application and the officef found that you are lacking the required months/ hours of work your application might be returned OR you will received a letter that you are not eligible under the program. Anyway, if your application is returned then you lose time. How it works now is it doesnt matter how early you submit your application, it depends on the case officer handling your case. I have friends who submitted way ahead of me and until now they havent even received their medical request. I advice that when you submit your application make sure it is complete.

jenrhea

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 5,2014
AOR Received.
October 29,2014
File Transfer...
owp approved:dec.24,2014
Med's Request
owp received:january7,2015
02020202 said:
I think over 24 months from October 1st, 2012 is after October 31st, 2014. How come you cannot wait until November?
If your employer is supportive, why don't you use option 2 (Over 3900 hours)?
if i use the 3900 hrs is it ok if you have no overtime yet u finishes the 3900 hrs?

Star Member
May 3, 2011
jenrhea said:
if i use the 3900 hrs is it ok if you have no overtime yet u finishes the 3900 hrs?
You don't have to have overtime. You just need to work over 3900 hours at least 22 months. If you started working on October 1st 2012 and gathered all documents you need, you can submit your application now.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
jenrhea said:
Yes it is ok even if you do not have overtime as long as you have 3,900 hour for 22 months. Check the checklist under option 2 as it has more paper works than option 1 -24 months. If you apply under option 2 and aubmit your application this month you might get your open permit by December, if you sbmit your application by 1st week of November, considering that you will be done with your 24 month work at the end of October, you might get your open permit by February. (Timeframe for open permit as of now which is 3 mos after you submit your application.

jenrhea

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 5,2014
AOR Received.
October 29,2014
File Transfer...
owp approved:dec.24,2014
Med's Request
owp received:january7,2015
mylady833 said:
Yes it is ok even if you do not have overtime as long as you have 3,900 hour for 22 months. Check the checklist under option 2 as it has more paper works than option 1 -24 months. If you apply under option 2 and aubmit your application this month you might get your open permit by December, if you sbmit your application by 1st week of November, considering that you will be done with your 24 month work at the end of October, you might get your open permit by February. (Timeframe for open permit as of now which is 3 mos after you submit your application.
tnx guys for all ur answers!actually as im computing my total number of hours without overtym til sept 30 is 4,428 hrs already..so i might use the option 1.the only diffence on the requirement i gues is the timesheet for overtym which i donot have and the employers declaration of hours which is not that much..

Edson2013

Sep 6, 2014
hi, Im new here in this forum and thanks for the information that was posted here. My only question is that, I wanted to apply for option 2, how do you do the timesheet? Do you have any format for this? Is it really important to put the time in and time out for the day or only the summary of hours worked for the month? Baka meron kayong example dyan, paki share naman ( like how do you do it in excel form) ..so that as early as possible, I can inform my employer and she could signed it.

Thank you so much!

blackeyes28

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-15
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-June-15
IELTS Request
SA 13-July-15
File Transfer...
13-July-15
Med's Request
ECAS in process: 05-Aug-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
(DM & PPR)05-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Feb-16
LANDED..........
31-Mar-16
Edson2013 said:
hi, Im new here in this forum and thanks for the information that was posted here. My only question is that, I wanted to apply for option 2, how do you do the timesheet? Do you have any format for this? Is it really important to put the time in and time out for the day or only the summary of hours worked for the month? Baka meron kayong example dyan, paki share naman ( like how do you do it in excel form) ..so that as early as possible, I can inform my employer and she could signed it.

Thank you so much!

Hello, there's no particular format in making the timesheet. You can make your own format using excel. No need for time in and time out for the day. Overtime hours are the only hours recorded in the timesheet. What I did is, I made two tables, first is the date (when the OT occur) second is the number of OT hours on the particular date. On the bottom, I tallied the total OT hours and that's it. Make sure you enter your name on the timesheet and your employer's name and make him/her sign the overtime sheet. Hope it helps. Just to add, if you plan to do option 2,make sure to record all the dates and number of hours of your OT since you started working. That way, it won't be too hard for you when you're ready to apply. Good luck!

choihankyul

Dec 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edson2013 said:

Thank you so much!
I have copied this from a friend who used option 2.

choihankyul

Dec 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys! The link below describes the processing in Canada of applications for renewal of work permits (same
employer), applications for new work permits (new employer/employer move to a new province/territory),
applications for study permits and applications for permanent residence, under the Live-in Caregiver
Program (LCP).

IP 4 Processing Live-in Caregivers in Canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip04-eng.pdf

dipkaur

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Hi friends
Applied for pr 7 july 2014
Got AOR 7 august2014
Got AIP 9 sept 2014
Lc2 kit 11 sept 2014
here i need help now i m filling up my hus Generic form ..My ques is this form is from my hus backhome on generic form in the 4 box
immigration office requested for processing this application ... ..what i hv to right here Vegreville or backhome office ?
I call cic they said on box 2 ...category ..live in caregiver ..is this right ?
Thank you

CGToronto

Sep 8, 2013
dipkaur said:
Hi friends
Applied for pr 7 july 2014
Got AOR 7 august2014
Got AIP 9 sept 2014
Lc2 kit 11 sept 2014
here i need help now i m filling up my hus Generic form ..My ques is this form is from my hus backhome on generic form in the 4 box
immigration office requested for processing this application ... ..what i hv to right here Vegreville or backhome office ?
I call cic they said on box 2 ...category ..live in caregiver ..is this right ?
Thank you
If you are applying under LICP, for question #2: Live-in Caregiver Program. Question #4, usually in Vegreville, AB. See your checklist emailed by CIC, it shows which processing center is requesting your additional docs.

dipkaur

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
CGToronto said:
If you are applying under LICP, for question #2: Live-in Caregiver Program. Question #4, usually in Vegreville, AB. See your checklist emailed by CIC, it shows which processing center is requesting your additional docs.
hi CGToronto,
Thank u for reply ..I m filling my husband form he's in India I m confuse rightnow ..do i need to put vegreville or new dehli?
Thank you..