+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lets share timelines 2013 Live in caregiver PR/OPW Applicants

hardworker2

Mar 15, 2014
hi po, i've been a silent reader on this forum since I am a LIC too and PR applicant Mar 2013 married. Let me be clear on this that I don't have anything against to those single applicants who already got their AIPs and I really feel that they really deserve it, we all deserve it. However, I'm just worried that slots are running out, the slots that are supposed to be for those Jan or Feb 2013 married applicants are already being given to those june or july 2013 or later single applicants and since there are only limited slots to be processed this year, I'm just worried that slots that is supposed to be for me or earlier applicants are being given to the later applicants which I think its not kind of fair.

@ cgofw, you are right. Talking our concerns among ourselves will inform us and will keep us updated but it will do more good if we will act on it. I definitely will email him tonight.

Good luck to all of us caregivers!

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
intrach said:
Did they skip the married applicants? They're now on May 2013 but they're giving it only to single applicants...feb 2013 married applicants still did not get their aip... :(

Let me just ask, has any married applicant in the 2013 timeline got any aip yet????
Hello everyone i am february 2013 married applicant too. No AIP yet :(

jacky0025

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
EDMONTON ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 23, 2013 (MARRIED) ^__^
Doc's Request.
/AIP: MARCH 13, 2014
Med's Request
/Lc2 Kit: MAY 16, 2014
Interview........
/Email received: DECEMBER 04, 2014
Passport Req..
OCTOBER 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
FEBRUARY 05, 2015
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 16, 2014
yeah ithink thats what happening dec 2012 the last time they give aip for married applicants ...

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
March-02-2013, AIP May-16-2014
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
May 29, 2014, LC2 Kit rcv'd via reg. mail June 02, 2014
Interview........
Aug 15, 2014 (LC1 Landed)
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 03, 2014 (LC2 PP rcv'd) (LC1 PR Card rcv'd)
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
KatrinaMichelle said:
@ intrach My hubby's an april 2013 applicant, and no AIPs yet. I hope they don't have preferences over marital status when giving out AIPs.. I understand our applications should take a wee bit longer because they need to process the LC2 applications after the LC1, but the difference should not reflect as early as the AIP step. If you know what I mean. :( But anyhow, we just need to wait and ardently pray for it to come soon..
I agree w u 100%. I'm Feb married applicant n still no AIP. I hv conditioned my mind to wait longer for PR as I hv a spouse as a dependant, however I would love to b able to get AIP in the interim so that I can pay local fees when it comes to studying etc for those of us who wish to pursue studies. Also, it helps to have peace of mind in knowing that our applications r being worked on. Congrats to those of us who have recieved AIP and lots of encouragement to those who are still waiting.

P.s: please guys, keep responses in English so that those of us, like myself who r not fr the Philipines can comprehend what is being written. Thanks so much.

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
Freedomsong said:
I agree w u 100%. I'm Feb married applicant n still no AIP. I hv conditioned my mind to wait longer for PR as I hv a spouse as a dependant, however I would love to b able to get AIP in the interim so that I can pay local fees when it comes to studying etc for those of us who wish to pursue studies. Also, it helps to have peace of mind in knowing that our applications r being worked on. Congrats to those of us who have recieved AIP and lots of encouragement to those who are still waiting.

P.s: please guys, keep responses in English so that those of us, like myself who r not fr the Philipines can comprehend what is being written. Thanks so much.
so you mean, if you have aip and wanted to study, you don't need a student visa even if you take courses that are longer than 6moths, and pay the regular fee and not the international student's fee?we are both feb2013 applicant.
just this week, i called cic and the agent told me that the average processing time for aip is 15months and that, they are currently processing dec3, 2012 applicants. i don't know how fctual is that since some july2013 applicants are now receiving aip...c",)

gossipgirl

Mar 20, 2011
hi i ask ko lang kung 1st stage of approval na young natanggapkong letter here's the content:This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class. However, a final decision will not be made
until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both
in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying
to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your
family members have passed the medicals and background checks.
You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit
please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter
should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the
expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and
Immigration Canada Internet web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca] or contact the Immigration Call
Centre at the number indicated below.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.

Timeline:
July 26, 2013- Application submitted to cic
Oct 23,2013- OWP received
March 15,2013-email received fr cic

hope everything goes well

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
March-02-2013, AIP May-16-2014
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
May 29, 2014, LC2 Kit rcv'd via reg. mail June 02, 2014
Interview........
Aug 15, 2014 (LC1 Landed)
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 03, 2014 (LC2 PP rcv'd) (LC1 PR Card rcv'd)
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
natsy said:
so you mean, if you have aip and wanted to study, you don't need a student visa even if you take courses that are longer than 6moths, and pay the regular fee and not the international student's fee?we are both feb2013 applicant.
just this week, i called cic and the agent told me that the average processing time for aip is 15months and that, they are currently processing dec3, 2012 applicants. I don't know how fctual is that since some july2013 applicants are now receiving aip...c",)
I think we would still need a student visa but fr my understanding we would not b required to pay international fees. I will do some research on this during the coming week. CIC needs to understand that we have paid our debt and need to have the privilege of advancing ourselves. I cannot imagine why they are wasting resources to look into out file and grant open work permit then put it down to review it again in another year to give AIP which is basically just confirming that we have met the requirements for PR. Doesn't giving open permit already confirm that we have complied w the requirements? Seriously, these is just extreme wastage of resources and time. It's these times that having a strong bond and mutual love and respect in relationships between spouses and children left behind is key in keeping families together during this long waiting period. With all this, however I am still happy that a lot of fellow caregivers are getting through. It's been a long hard road. Congrats, rejoice and celebrate in style! So keep the faith natsy and others, hopefully we will get AIP soon.

flordz

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gossipgirl said:
hi i ask ko lang kung 1st stage of approval na young natanggapkong letter here's the content:This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class. However, a final decision will not be made
until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both
in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying
to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your
family members have passed the medicals and background checks.
You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. You may also apply for a study permit. If applying for a study permit
please ensure you include a letter from the educational institution you plan to attend. The letter
should outline the type of course or program for which you are registered, the start date and the
expected completion date. To obtain the correct forms please visit the Citizenship and
Immigration Canada Internet web site at [http://www.cic.gc.ca] or contact the Immigration Call
Centre at the number indicated below.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in
Canada.

Timeline:
July 26, 2013- Application submitted to cic
Oct 23,2013- OWP received
March 15,2013-email received fr cic

hope everything goes well

@gossipgirl halos pareho tayo ng timeline. Keep posting kung anong balita sa papel mo para mgkaroon din ako ng idea pate na rin yung iba.

parsley_ly

Mar 1, 2012
Hi! I read in another forum that there is a married applicant who got AIP already and that the PR application was received by CIC on July 2013. I guess it means that processing depends on the visa officer. We are still awaiting our AIPs like the rest of you, hope it comes really soon.

jacky0025

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
EDMONTON ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 23, 2013 (MARRIED) ^__^
Doc's Request.
/AIP: MARCH 13, 2014
Med's Request
/Lc2 Kit: MAY 16, 2014
Interview........
/Email received: DECEMBER 04, 2014
Passport Req..
OCTOBER 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
FEBRUARY 05, 2015
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 16, 2014
parsley_ly said:
Hi! I read in another forum that there is a married applicant who got AIP already and that the PR application was received by CIC on July 2013. I guess it means that processing depends on the visa officer. We are still awaiting our AIPs like the rest of you, hope it comes really soon.
[/quote

tlga!! wow well thats a good news for married ones so lucky that july 2013 ...cic is so weird...lets all continue praying for married ones..and freedomsong i really agree with what u said totally waste of time ..time that should be spending woth our loveones ..what happens woth family reunification :(

intrach

Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
June 4, 2014
Med's Done....
June 20, 2014
parsley_ly said:
Really? which thread? sana naman inumpisahan na nila bigay AIP sa married applicants for 2013...

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
August 7, 2014.. :)
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20, 2014 (received via DHL Sep 3,2014)
LANDED..........
Booked! :) Praise God!
@parsley_ly which thread?? I've been reading all recent threads and have not found any..

parsley_ly

Mar 1, 2012
hi again. actually its a facebook group among ofw's/caregivers. the group though is not open to the public since the admin changed it a few months back from closed to secret since i think most of the members already have their PRs. he posted a message about his status together with the letter sent by cic. there's another one though which you can view for updates its called livein caregivers canada. its searchable in facebook.
hopefully, we too can receive approvals. lets hope and pray for one another. all the best!

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
August 7, 2014.. :)
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20, 2014 (received via DHL Sep 3,2014)
LANDED..........
Booked! :) Praise God!
Tried searching it in facebook, can't find it still.. I do hope they are really starting to give out AIPs to married 2013 applicants. I just find it surprising because if in case, that would be the first time i hear a married 2013 applicant being initially approved and it was sent july. What happened to the jan- june applications? :(