+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lets flood CIC with Mandamus

allyp

Mar 15, 2013
moti said:
Hi allyp, would you like to share your timeline ?
Applied oct 2010
Test Oct 2011 followed by RQ
Rq submission Dec 2011
Waiting since then
43 months from Date of application.....

moti

Oct 24, 2012
hi allyp,

did the CO tell you during the interview the reason for Rq ? which is your local office ? did you recently call cic, what did they tell you ? I mean 43 months is too much. It is so frustrating :-[

allyp

Mar 15, 2013
moti said:
hi allyp,

did the CO tell you during the interview the reason for Rq ? which is your local office ? did you recently call cic, what did they tell you ? I mean 43 months is too much. It is so frustrating :-[
I did not get RQ during test but 2 weeks after that. St clair is in the local office. I am fedup of calling the call center. They have already sent 2 messages to local office and I have sent 2 letters. The call center cannot do anything else. Local office sent me a letter 3 months after the 2nd message saying my file is in inventory awaiting residency assessment. Post test RQ's are bad. If u go the other forum, you will see some passed 50 months and no answer. To be honest I feel now that they are purposely not doing anything to 2009-2010 applications and will wait till we cross 55 months and then call us for CJ hearing.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
but why would they do that, if they need cj hearing ,can'nt they do it before 55 months ? both post as well as pre test RQ are bad, mine is a pre=test rq and its more than 36 months now :(

allyp

Mar 15, 2013
moti said:
but why would they do that, if they need cj hearing ,can'nt they do it before 55 months ? both post as well as pre test RQ are bad, mine is a pre=test rq and its more than 36 months now :(
Not sure why they are doing this. maybe it is got to do with the new citizenship law. They want to keep the pressure for the new law to come and that's why they want to keep the backlog or political reasons. These are just my thoughts.

Otherwise why no one has touched 2010-2011 post test rq flies from the last 28 months? (as per atip) Whereas Rq's in 2012 and 2013 are moving? By clearing the recent RQ's they are keeping their numbers right (routine case 24 months ; non routine 36 months). For files which have passed 36 months, they are on the back burner as they account for 20% of the files exceeding 36 months and they are kept on low priority.

For you, I still think you will get a answer soon as they are clearing 2012-2013 RQ's. Did you get a letter to prepare for the test?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am another recent - 2014 RQ candidate. I have been reading that post test RQ go to St. Clair, and that's when the waiting game starts. I called CIC, my RQ response is received by CIC and is waiting for Review.

Not sure how much time it will take. My Timeline is below in my Signature.

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
JoeYYC said:
So, we have several accounts now that mandamus works. Walitys will get his oath invitation hopefully soon. Not so many mandamus court applications, which means CIC moves applications, before filing of mandamus, while the ones already filed have a good success rate as per the court files. Other members on the other forum such as RobertB and White1970 are filing for mandamus too.
From the other forum quoting White1970

After filing the Mandamus My lawyer just called my family and my citizenship approved Oath is on 12th of June
https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13758&PN=91&title=post-test-rq-receipients-only-since-2009

More indications that Mandamus works.

whiz

Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoeYYC said:

https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13758&PN=91&title=post-test-rq-receipients-only-since-2009

It certainly does work. I know at least 3 people who filed Mandamus case against CIC and got their citizenship application processed (successfully!) in a matter of days!

whiz

Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Can I have lawyer name?

my application pending long long time..
I know many people who used this lawyer service for similar case and were very successful: http://www.waldmanlaw.ca/team/krassina-kostadinov

Good luck.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoeYYC said:

Instead of flooding the useless CIC with WoM and wasting our money on greedy immigration lawyers, how about a 24-48 hour sit-in protest in front of the CIC St. Clair office and inviting the local media to cover it? It is free and helps a great deal of people too. Think about it.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
I am another recent - 2014 RQ candidate. I have been reading that post test RQ go to St. Clair, and that's when the waiting game starts. I called CIC, my RQ response is received by CIC and is waiting for Review.

Not sure how much time it will take. My Timeline is below in my Signature.
What was the reason for your RQ?

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
whiz said:
It certainly does work. I know at least 3 people who filed Mandamus case against CIC and got their citizenship application processed (successfully!) in a matter of days!
Mandamus only impose the government to make a decision; not always in favor of applicant.