+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lets flood CIC with Mandamus

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
So, we have several accounts now that mandamus works. Walitys will get his oath invitation hopefully soon. Not so many mandamus court applications, which means CIC moves applications, before filing of mandamus, while the ones already filed have a good success rate as per the court files. Other members on the other forum such as RobertB and White1970 are filing for mandamus too.

Looks like those Tories, are not interested in shortening the processing time and decreasing the backlog outside Ontario, obviously, because they want to change the landscape in Ontario to their favor, by appeasing immigrants there; while ignoring the other provinces. It is ludicrous to have one office like Mississauga and Scarborough and most of Ontario finalizing applications in 7-9 months for routine applications, and 12-14 months for non-routine applications while other offices finalizing the routine applications in 20, 24 months or more, which is double the time for non-routine applications in Mississauga and Scarborough; while non-routine applications outside Ontario, especially post-test RQs might take 4 or 5 years.

Anyone who is waiting for years for her/his application to finalize, way more than the average processing time, should apply for Mandamus, Lets tell those neocons, immigrants mean business.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Montrosco said:
So what we have to do? couldn't understand
a petition ?
Please explain that Mandamus
A (writ of) mandamus is an order from a court to an inferior government official ordering the government official to properly fulfill their official duties or correct their internal decisions or abuse of discretion. So, if you win the writ in your favour, CIC will follow the court order to grant your application...

JoeYYC

Jan 18, 2014
rayman_m said:
A (writ of) mandamus is an order from a court to an inferior government official ordering the government official to properly fulfill their official duties or correct their internal decisions or abuse of discretion. So, if you win the writ in your favour, CIC will follow the court order to grant your application...
And what is more inferior than dragging peoples' applications for 5 or even 10 years, as Kenney himself once admitted? That's on top of the PR time, normally 3 years under the current law and 2-3 years for applying to be a PR. So, someone thinking to immigrate to Canada might take her/him 16 years from the time of applying for PR to get the citizenship. That's insane and inferior to the logic indeed.

neatknitter

May 5, 2014
JoeYYC said:
Anyone who is waiting for years for her/his application to finalize, way more than the average processing time, should apply for Mandamus,
Yes, I agree that anyone who has been waiting way over the average time should try to apply. I've "only" been waiting for 25 months since my file was open, so I'm not "allowed" to do that just yet.
My case is pretty straightforward and I don't understand why CIC won't send me the convocation letter for the oath ceremony. Calling CIC to inquire about their progress is useless. I asked for ATIP report last week, and I guess I'll have to wait patiently until the day they decide to send me the letter. Or I'll wait until I can apply for Mandamus. This bureaucracy is an infringement to our rights as prospective citizens.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
'Mandamus' is by far the best option for applicants...But it comes with a high cost...
The only thing holding me back is the cost associated to hiring a lawyer...
I'm still not sure how to file a WOM without a lawyer...
Any suggestions?

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did you look for legal services in the community? I thought there was some option like that. I don't know much about it except that I read about it during the test preparation.

thanks

daktrader said:
'Mandamus' is by far the best option for applicants...But it comes with a high cost...
The only thing holding me back is the cost associated to hiring a lawyer...
I'm still not sure how to file a WOM without a lawyer...
Any suggestions?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ive looked into it...
They just provide services such as finding the best option/help/lawyer for the applicant...and thats it...
All the lawyers expect the applicant to cough up atleast $3500 for filing...not sure why the very steep cost...

BalajiR said:
did you look for legal services in the community? I thought there was some option like that. I don't know much about it except that I read about it during the test preparation.

thanks

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daktrader:
why dont you go to media, especially your case is something they will be deeply interested in. Here's one assertive news channel that aggressively confronts Harper government on its beuracracy blunders.

http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/indepthanalysis/gopublic/

or email them at gopublic@cbc.ca

Send them with as many as supporting information as you can and I hope you find a way out. CBC has already telecast a couple of citizenship delays and those cases got approved immediately. Good luck with your case too! Hope this helps.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks CanuckForEver!
I will proceed with your suggestion.

CanuckForEver said:
Daktrader:
why dont you go to media, especially your case is something they will be deeply interested in. Here's one assertive news channel that aggressively confronts Harper government on its beuracracy blunders.

http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/indepthanalysis/gopublic/

or email them at gopublic @ cbc.ca

Send them with as many as supporting information as you can and I hope you find a way out. CBC has already telecast a couple of citizenship delays and those cases got approved immediately. Good luck with your case too! Hope this helps.