Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Read this and know about how even some 'intellectuals' oppose immigration into Canada:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/comment/columnists/mindelle_jacobs/2009/10/02/11245826-sun.html

windtunnel

Sep 10, 2009
Don't get scared much. This is what they are worried about.

" He points out 80% of our immigrants are not in the skilled worker category but, rather, enter or are allowed to stay for humanitarian reasons or because they've been granted refugee status. "

windtunnel

Sep 10, 2009
Mmmm well I would say I'm in the 20%. But the point is, 80 or 20, as long as the person contributes well to the country's economy, there's nothing much to worry about.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A lot of people in Canada think that Canada is taking in too many refugees and they are being too good to their refugees. I have spoken to many people who believe that refugees are being handed large sums of money, getting free rent etc. I don't think that is actually the case but some people believe that and are against it.

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Leon said:
A lot of people in Canada think that Canada is taking in too many refugees and they are being too good to their refugees. I have spoken to many people who believe that refugees are being handed large sums of money, getting free rent etc. I don't think that is actually the case but some people believe that and are against it.
Oh I cant wait to get the hangs of that free money :p

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, you have to ask all those people how you get it. I talked to some refugee and she was only getting $500 a month. That's the same as welfare and not really to live on. Maybe she was being cheated and the bags full of cash waiting in some office for her to claim them :)

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
An interesting quote from the article: oh boy!

"In his essay, U.S. academic Vernon Briggs questions the quality of university education in certain immigrant-source countries. Very few Third World nations have elite universities, he writes, noting that only one institution from outside the industrialized world, the State University of Moscow, is on the list of the top 100 universities.

"The only way to ensure that the immigrants chosen will do better is to be more selective," Briggs writes. "If Canadian universities chose foreign students the way (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) selected immigrants, half their classes would flunk out."

windtunnel

Sep 10, 2009
Oh boy indeed! This Vernon Briggs fella must be an academician from another planet!

Since when did Russia become a country outside the industrialized world???
And I also wonder why American universities are full of teaching staff who graduated from India, China, Korea, Singapore etc., which are immigrant-source countries. Poor quality of education??? My foot!

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
windtunnel said:
Oh boy indeed! This Vernon Briggs fella must be an academician from another planet!

And I also wonder why American universities are full of teaching staff who graduated from India, China, Korea, Singapore etc., which are immigrant-source countries. Poor quality of education??? My foot!
Exactly. And not only they have staff from those countries but their universities are dependant on students from China, India, pakistan, etc etc. If foreign students stop applying to them I wonder what would they do with those historical buildings.

deep9

Apr 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tonsils Hockey said:
windtunnel said:

Exactly. And not only they have staff from those countries but their universities are dependant on students from China, India, pakistan, etc etc. If foreign students stop applying to them I wonder what would they do with those historical buildings.

Historical buildings....lol!

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
I said that cuz most of the Ivey League and Russel Group universities are really very well-built. Perhaps the builders of those times over valued their future generations lol