+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

less than one year PGWP urgent

VIVISH

Aug 12, 2011
My friend has a question; he just applied for the Post graduation work permit, He went to college for a two years diploma and everything looks perfect. The problem is that immigration just answer and instead of giving him a three year work permit they gave him less than one year. We just want to know why this happen, did he do something wrong or he just have to apply again.
Thank you.

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
is he a full time student for 16 month in 2 years program? if he was a part time student for a couple of semister, it doesnt count i guess.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VIVISH said:
My friend has a question; he just applied for the Post graduation work permit, He went to college for a two years diploma and everything looks perfect. The problem is that immigration just answer and instead of giving him a three year work permit they gave him less than one year. We just want to know why this happen, did he do something wrong or he just have to apply again.
Thank you.
When does his passport expire? They probably only sent him the PGWP for the remainder of the time left on his passport. Once he gets a new passport, he can apply for an extension to get the remaining time available to him.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
VIVISH said:
Thank you.
Yes when does his passport expires?

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Pouce said:
is he a full time student for 16 month in 2 years program? if he was a part time student for a couple of semister, it doesnt count i guess.
Hey i have been a full time student but i dropped one course in my second semester which i took as a part time student in summers. but still its 16 months of full time study!..can you give ur opinion?