Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Hi, my timeline is
Enter Nov 2021
Borwn paper Jan 2022
submitted BOC Feb 2022
Work permit feb 2022
less complex Mar 2022

after that i havn't received anything. so i called the IRC Eastern couple of weeks ago for the update. now 2 days ago i received a call from lawyer that my case is in regular hearing now. i just want to know is it normal ? is there any disadvantages for this ?
thanks

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hi, my timeline is
Enter Nov 2021
Borwn paper Jan 2022
submitted BOC Feb 2022
Work permit feb 2022
less complex Mar 2022

after that i havn't received anything. so i called the IRC Eastern couple of weeks ago for the update. now 2 days ago i received a call from lawyer that my case is in regular hearing now. i just want to know is it normal ? is there any disadvantages for this ?
thanks
We have less complex without a hearing and less complex with a short hearing. Sometimes less complex without a hearing can turn to a less complex with a short hearing it the minister’s representative decides to take part to your hearing and ask some questions. it can also turn to a regular hearing by the members if they find many subjects they would like to be clarified about.

I have received a notice for a short hearing, and an other document from the IRB which says the president of jury has the power to decide my claim without any hearing if the minister doesn't notify him that he needs to attend the hearing and that 10 days before the date of the hearing, therefore I have to know that the decision to my claim may also arrive without a hearing. Don’t be panic just be well prepared there is nothing to worry about.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my timeline is
Enter Nov 2021
Borwn paper Jan 2022
submitted BOC Feb 2022
Work permit feb 2022
less complex Mar 2022

thanks
Not unusual. Originally evaluating your case as less complex is based on limited information. Once you submit all your documents the case is reassessed. The approval rate for less complex cases is higher but that doesn’t mean your case will be denied. It always comes down to the individual case and your proof of persecution, proof that there is no safe areas in your home country (IFA), etc. Processing times are, in general, longer for regular asylum cases and a full hearing should be expected.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We have less complex without a hearing and less complex with a short hearing. Sometimes less complex without a hearing can turn to a less complex with a short hearing it the minister’s representative decides to take part to your hearing and ask some questions. it can also turn to a regular hearing by the members if they find many subjects they would like to be clarified about.

I have received a notice for a short hearing, and an other document from the IRB which says the president of jury has the power to decide my claim without any hearing if the minister doesn't notify him that he needs to attend the hearing and that 10 days before the date of the hearing, therefore I have to know that the decision to my claim may also arrive without a hearing. Don’t be panic just be well prepared there is nothing to worry about.
There is never a case where less complex without a hearing turns into less complex with a hearing. Asylum claimants are never notified that they will not need a hearing. They will just get approval out of the blue or before a scheduled hearing. This also isn’t related to OPs situation where a less complex case has become a regular case.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
There is never a case where less complex without a hearing turns into less complex with a hearing. Asylum claimants are never notified that they will not need a hearing. They will just get approval out of the blue or before a scheduled hearing. This also isn’t related to OPs situation where a less complex case has become a regular case.
Don’t say «Never» since you don’t work for IRB, if you give me your whatsapp I will send you a letter IRB has sent to me along with the notice for a short hearing letter, the letter is entitled Notice to the Minister of a possible decision without a hearing and says that the president will use his discretionary power to decide on my claim if the minister does not show interest to attend the hearing and the minister has been given until 10 days before the hearing date on March to decide he will attend or not.
No body knows everything here we are here to share our facts based experience. So never say never .

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
It is possible. Upon further review and if member has even one question to ask, it turns to less complex with hearing.

biancal91

Feb 13, 2023
Hello,

My case is under less complex case and here is my timeline

Enter Jan 2022
Submitted BOC Feb 2022
Work permit May 2022
Less Complex Jun 2022
Submitted all additional documents Aug or Sep 2022

On November 2022, I got a letter to inform me my virtual hearing is scheduled and there's no date on it. It explains in 2-3 pages how to change my virtual hearing to in-person hearing or hybrid if I want to. There is no sign of less complex, or short hearing, or normal hearing. Nothing. It doesn't even say how long does this hearing takes.

My questions is:

-Is this hearing a regular hearing or it's a short hearing?
-Am I still being processed under less complex case? or not?

Thank you in advance.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,

My case is under less complex case and here is my timeline

Enter Jan 2022
Submitted BOC Feb 2022
Work permit May 2022
Less Complex Jun 2022
Submitted all additional documents Aug or Sep 2022

On November 2022, I got a letter to inform me my virtual hearing is scheduled and there's no date on it. It explains in 2-3 pages how to change my virtual hearing to in-person hearing or hybrid if I want to. There is no sign of less complex, or short hearing, or normal hearing. Nothing. It doesn't even say how long does this hearing takes.

My questions is:

-Is this hearing a regular hearing or it's a short hearing?
-Am I still being processed under less complex case? or not?

Thank you in advance.
It will be regular and or short hearing. Your Nov 2022 submission changed from paper base decision to hearing. Member has questions for you

biancal91

Feb 13, 2023
It will be regular and or short hearing. Your Nov 2022 submission changed from paper base decision to hearing. Member has questions for you
Thanks for the reply. by my understanding, it is not clear if it's a short hearing or a regular hearing.

Minsterfum

Star Member
Feb 9, 2023
Canuck what you think about Andrew Tate ?