+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leon, Could you help me again, please?

Mr.Maker

Oct 11, 2009
Hi, Leon.
How's it going? I wanna ask about my situation since you only reply my previous Q.

I have a working holiday visa in Vancouver from Korea.
My visa will be expired in March 2010 and will get marry(December or January) with girlfriend who are citizen here.
I got a job offer from major Korean Newspaper Company and company will give me a work permit,
but I'm hesitating to apply to work permit now, because of money and situation will give me a little hope that I may don't need a work permit to work.
Because once I became a PR, I doesn't need a work permit then, save the money. That's what I want.

So,
We will apply for spouse sponsorship with outland process in December.
and we may get their pr visa before June.(Right?)
But, the issue is that my WH visa will be expired In March so that, there may are three month gap between March to June.
I'm thinking about to change my status from working holiday visa to visitor visa
if the company allow me to work with CASH for that short period.

In this situation, can I state my reason to change visa in the application form that I have to wait until I get PR visa?
or I must not to say about PR because this is VISITOR visa? Can I just frankly say that "I want to stay Canada legally until I get my PR"?
If the answer is YES, then I doesn't need to buy an airline ticket to show as a supporting document for visitor visa , right?

and
what if I didn't apply for change status to visitor visa at all because I have not enough money to buy flight ticket?
Can I just stay illegally few month until I get the PR visa and is there any negative way for my application?

and I have a plan to got back to Korea to submit a passport after I;m received a letter about issuance of PR visa.

What do you think, Leon? Could you help me with this?

Thank you very much.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you really don't want to get a work permit, you should apply to change your status to visitor but if you do that, you should not work once your work permit expires. Do not take the chance of working illegally. You can give your reason for changing to visit visa anything you want but waiting for PR is as good as anything else. Just write that if you are called for an interview in Korea, you will have to go there so you will not overstay. However, you might not even have an answer on your visit status by the time you get the PR because it right now takes 103 days to process, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#temp_res You should still apply for it though, just because it's the right thing to do.

Once you have the PR, you can work. If you have it processed through Korea, it should take 3 to 5 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#asia but the processing in Korea doesn't start until you have been approved in Mississauga which takes right now 32 days, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship

Your total processing time it therefore something like 4-6 months so if you apply in December, you would probably have your PR between April and June.

Mr.Maker

Oct 11, 2009
Then, I'd better prepare to change my visa right now.

I have one more Question. According to your advise, if the "waiting PR(or should I say 'waiting interview for PR'?)" is good reason for applying visitor visa, then I don't need to submit airline ticket as a supporting docs, right? Usually when you apply or extend for visitor visa, airline ticket to original country is like mandatory. Because my ticket is 1year ticket, will be expired as same day as WH visa expired.
I just want to save some money for later use.

What do you think, Leon?

Thank you every time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Say you are waiting for PR and ready to attend an interview if necessary.