Jul 2, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
CE-MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 4, 2013 (May 9, 2013 CIC received file)
AOR Received.
June 3, 2013
File Transfer...
June 3, 2013 (received by CEM June 11, 2013)
Med's Done....
April 1,2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 12, 2013 (Nov 16 '13 sent pp, Nov 18 '13 CEM received as per tracking)
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 20,2014 ---- DM: March 23,2014
LANDED..........
APRIL 3, 2014
hi everyone! im a newbie here... im from the Philippines and i just wanna know if i can visit Canada for a month only? i am planning to apply this coming October.
im not sure if they will allow me to visit...

thanks for your replies :D

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After you are granted a visa, at the port of entry, you should get an entry stamp on your passport and a date that you will have to exit by. If the officer does not write a date, which will most likely be the case, then you can stay for 6 months from the day you enter.

bienncorey

Jul 2, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
CE-MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
June 3, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 1,2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
APRIL 3, 2014
thank you for the reply! :D

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Apply WELL in advance of the date you hope to visit as it can be a lengthy process. Make sure you emphasize all the ties you have to your country to make it a strong application. Good Luck!

bienncorey

Jul 2, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
CE-MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
June 3, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 1,2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
APRIL 3, 2014
hi pippin! i would like to ask the requirements/documents that i should include in applying for visitor visa since my boyfriend is a citizen in Canada but working in Australia.. we just wanna go there so i can have a month tour, meeting his family and friends, to experience the weather and the environment.... my bf will have to go back to Australia because of his work and me also will go back to the PHilippines.
can you tell me what should documents i need to prepare for me to prove them that i will go back to my country? thanks a lot

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
1) proof of property ownership; 2) proof of employment, responsibilities, salary, letter from your employer granting your holiday leave and date of return; 3) proof of funds, recent bank statement, income tax statement; 4) cover letter explaining reason for holiday, itinerary, fact your boyfriend lives and works in Australia and will return there after the holiday; 5) your family members in home country, responsibility to family; 6) previous travel history, where you went, how long, returned home. Make sure your cover letter describes everything clearly and refer to the above attachments. Put number tags on each document so they are easy for the VO to flip to as he/she reads your cover letter. Good Luck.

ovasquez1

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
March 28, 2014
AOR Received.
May 14, 2014
File Transfer...
May 15, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 19, 2014 : COPR July 22, 2014
LANDED..........
August 19, 2014
how long a US citizen stay in Canada?6months? I visited Canada for 4 months Nov 28 to Apr 15 about 4 1/2 months..I came home and worked. I have off until October and plan to visit Canada again Aug 11-Sept22...about 1 month and 1/2..is that allowed? will i have trouble with immigration????

bienncorey

Jul 2, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
CE-MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
June 3, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 1,2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
APRIL 3, 2014
Pippin said:
1) proof of property ownership; 2) proof of employment, responsibilities, salary, letter from your employer granting your holiday leave and date of return; 3) proof of funds, recent bank statement, income tax statement; 4) cover letter explaining reason for holiday, itinerary, fact your boyfriend lives and works in Australia and will return there after the holiday; 5) your family members in home country, responsibility to family; 6) previous travel history, where you went, how long, returned home. Make sure your cover letter describes everything clearly and refer to the above attachments. Put number tags on each document so they are easy for the VO to flip to as he/she reads your cover letter. Good Luck.
thank you again for the reply Pippin...

i don't have job yet, after i graduate in college this October i will apply for visit visa.. my boyfriend will support all my needs going there and for my month stay.. will he still need an invitation letter for me to go there even he's working in Australia? we will be staying in a hotel or apartment for a month.. i also have cousins working there and i would like to see them when i visit.. i hope it won't affect my application and the VO won't think that i will work there and not come back.. yes! we have traveled to Singapore together last month for a holiday... hope it helps my application. :D

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
bienncorey said:
thank you again for the reply Pippin...

i don't have job yet, after i graduate in college this October i will apply for visit visa.. my boyfriend will support all my needs going there and for my month stay.. will he still need an invitation letter for me to go there even he's working in Australia? we will be staying in a hotel or apartment for a month.. i also have cousins working there and i would like to see them when i visit.. i hope it won't affect my application and the VO won't think that i will work there and not come back.. yes! we have traveled to Singapore together last month for a holiday... hope it helps my application. :D
I would advise you to apply AFTER you have an established job. I know this doesn't sound "workable" as you want to travel before getting into a job and having to wait for vacation time, but without strong ties to your home country you will not get a visa. If you have no job, have no finances to pay for your own way and family members already in Canada, I think you are fighting an uphill battle. I don't know if an invitation letter will enhance your application or not. You will have to include a compelling cover letter explaining the reason for your trip and emphasizing all your ties to your home country and positive travel history. If your main reason to come to Canada is to meet your boyfriend's family before the wedding, then you might have more luck if they come to meet you. I'm sorry to say this, but I've seen it from personal experience and MANY posters on this forum.

bienncorey

Jul 2, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
CE-MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
June 3, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 1,2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
APRIL 3, 2014
Pippin said:
I would advise you to apply AFTER you have an established job. I know this doesn't sound "workable" as you want to travel before getting into a job and having to wait for vacation time, but without strong ties to your home country you will not get a visa. If you have no job, have no finances to pay for your own way and family members already in Canada, I think you are fighting an uphill battle. I don't know if an invitation letter will enhance your application or not. You will have to include a compelling cover letter explaining the reason for your trip and emphasizing all your ties to your home country and positive travel history. If your main reason to come to Canada is to meet your boyfriend's family before the wedding, then you might have more luck if they come to meet you. I'm sorry to say this, but I've seen it from personal experience and MANY posters on this forum.
yes our main reason why my boyfriend wants me to go to Canada is to meet his family especially his parents because his parents are both busy and cannot attend our wedding soon. but if i have a property is there a possibility that they will give me a visa? let's say a soon-to-be-build condo or a lot property under my name. what do you think?
it's okay you can tell me anything weather good or bad as long as it can help me on my application soon. please let me know all about it because after my fiancee's work i will let him see what infos i have gathered in this forum. thanks

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Having property would be considered a positive tie, but you have to think about it from the perspective of the VO. Would he/she think that this was something you could "walk away from"? A bare piece of land or an established home. Which do you think would be more likely to draw you back? Definitely include a notarized copy of your property ownership and tax assessment in the app. Good luck.