Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Hi,

how did you get an update on your file: what’s GCMS note? Is it applicable to application from outside Canada. It’s almost 3months andmy applicationis still on reviewing medical test.

Many Thanks
Unless it's been over 6 months, there's no point stressing. You can't really do anything about it really. Just make sure to keep an eye out for document requests and respond to those promptly. If 6 months have passed and your application still hasn't moved along, you can get GCMS notes. These are global case management notes describing the notes written by CIC agents who are reviewing your file. There are multiple agencies online that can request notes on your behalf should it ever come to that. For now, take it easy.

ronny007

Sep 20, 2018
hi
HI Sorry, I can't share my email. I am happy to answer any questions you may have on this forum. Just avoid names / sensitive details and it should be fine.

Having an affidavit of separation signed by your spouse in front of a public notary officer will be helpful.
If you already have a divorce case pending in the court, send CIC a copy of the divorce petition along with docket number. If you don't have a pending divorce case, and your spouse doesn't cooperate with you regarding a notarized affidavit, then you should have a notarized affidavit of your own and submit it to the CIC. This is what I used:

AFFIDAVIT OF SEPARATION:

I, ______________________________, date of birth _______________ (mm/dd/yyyy) and holder of Passport no. _____________ issued by (country) _________________________ hereby certify that I am separated and estranged from my spouse (name of spouse)_______________________ date of birth _______________ (mm/dd/yyyy) and holder of Passport no. _____________ issued by (country) _________________________ since _______________ (mm/dd/yyyy). I further certify that I do not intend to reconcile with my spouse.

I intend to take following legal action with regard to my marital status:

I, __________________________________, further certify that my spouse (name of spouse)_______________________ does not wish to undergo medical examination and police clearance process for the purposes of immigrating to Canada. I understand that such a refusal will render my spouse ineligible to be sponsored for immigrating to Canada at any time in the future if reconciliation were to occur prior to any legal changes to my marital status cited above.

Under penalties of perjury, I certify the above representations to be true as of the date shown below.

__________________________________________ ______________________

Your name (Signature) Date

__________________________________________ ______________________

Signature Notary Public / Commissioner of Oaths Date
sir did u get the ppr on this basis..i mean with this affidavit of separation...pls advice...iam in same problem

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
hi

sir did u get the ppr on this basis..i mean with this affidavit of separation...pls advice...iam in same problem
Yes but I also received my divorce certificate whie my application was in process

Bukenzy

Mar 14, 2018
Unless it's been over 6 months, there's no point stressing. You can't really do anything about it really. Just make sure to keep an eye out for document requests and respond to those promptly. If 6 months have passed and your application still hasn't moved along, you can get GCMS notes. These are global case management notes describing the notes written by CIC agents who are reviewing your file. There are multiple agencies online that can request notes on your behalf should it ever come to that. For now, take it easy.

Hi, that’s. I got my Copr letter yesterday. Wish everyone good luck. And thanks a lot for the info. Cheers

canmool

Aug 23, 2018
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-09-2018
Hi, that’s. I got my Copr letter yesterday. Wish everyone good luck. And thanks a lot for the info. Cheers
congratulations mate... how long did it take in total to receive your COPR from the date of AOR?

thanks

angena

Dec 17, 2018
Urgent Help
I am from India and married before I came here. I am in my Work permit status but planning to apply PR . I and my husband are not in touch. So I am planning to submit PR with 'legally separated'. I have not filed divorce yet. Neither my husband will cooperate me in medical and police verification neither he will do affidavit by himself from notary. In this case If I provide the affidavit signed by myself , will it work,. Since my husband wont support anything , hence I have to prepare the affidavit and mention that he wont accompany nor eligible for future sponsorship. Will this only enough? Or CIC will ask for divorce case file? If only affidavit by me is enough, then will it have to be done in India or canada notary would be considered?

Please help.

canmool

Aug 23, 2018
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-09-2018
Urgent Help
I am from India and married before I came here. I am in my Work permit status but planning to apply PR . I and my husband are not in touch. So I am planning to submit PR with 'legally separated'. I have not filed divorce yet. Neither my husband will cooperate me in medical and police verification neither he will do affidavit by himself from notary. In this case If I provide the affidavit signed by myself , will it work,. Since my husband wont support anything , hence I have to prepare the affidavit and mention that he wont accompany nor eligible for future sponsorship. Will this only enough? Or CIC will ask for divorce case file? If only affidavit by me is enough, then will it have to be done in India or canada notary would be considered?

Please help.
Submitting an affidavit will be enough. If you are currently in Canada and applying for the PR from Canada then it will be better to get your affidavit notarised by Canadian standards.

Just use the template provided by jonnclk22 on the following link

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/legally-separated-status-pl-advice-docs-needed.487143/#post-6625990

angena

Dec 17, 2018
Submitting an affidavit will be enough. If you are currently in Canada and applying for the PR from Canada then it will be better to get your affidavit notarised by Canadian standards.

Just use the template provided by jonnclk22 on the following link

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/legally-separated-status-pl-advice-docs-needed.487143/#post-6625990
thanks for the suggestion. just to clarify that if spouse is not supportive can i sign and prepare affidavit by myself? Also, what if I apply from India? I can still use this format and sign by myself and notarized in India. will it work?

canmool

Aug 23, 2018
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-09-2018
thanks for the suggestion. just to clarify that if spouse is not supportive can i sign and prepare affidavit by myself? Also, what if I apply from India? I can still use this format and sign by myself and notarized in India. will it work?
Yes you can.

I got married in Australia, now my wife lives in UK and lodged my PR application from India.

I got the above template notarised on a 100Rs stamp paper and submitted it along with an LOE explaining why I am providing this affidavit.

This should suffice the officer and if they won't be satisfied then only they will ask for any more information.

angena

Dec 17, 2018
Yes you can.

I got married in Australia, now my wife lives in UK and lodged my PR application from India.

I got the above template notarised on a 100Rs stamp paper and submitted it along with an LOE explaining why I am providing this affidavit.

This should suffice the officer and if they won't be satisfied then only they will ask for any more information.
Thanks for your response. Yes if they ask for more doc then that is the my only fear since I live in canada now and i am going back India in one month. I have no other doc and how long do they allow time to send you additional supporting docs ? I am afraid to loose chance in ITA with all this doc processes. Would you also be please able to share one kind if LOE.

angena

Dec 17, 2018
Yes you can.

Please respond!!
Thanks for your response. Yes if they ask for more doc then that is the my only fear since I live in canada now and i am going back India in one month. I have no other doc and how long do they allow time to send you additional supporting docs ? I am afraid to loose chance in ITA with all this doc processes. Would you also be please able to share one kind if LOE.

canmool

Aug 23, 2018
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-09-2018
Please respond!!
Hi

If Immigration will ask you provide more supporting documents related to your separation, then they will give you at least 2-3 weeks time to respond. (Please confirm the exact days).

However, you can not provide anything more than an affidavit unless you have filed a separation in the court.

I am sure that the separation and divorce laws are different in Canada then Australia... so if you are going to apply PR from Canada then please find out more about how to get legal separation or an affidavit in Canada?.. But if you are going to apply PR from India then just submit the affidavit.

MOKI25

Nov 29, 2016
Hi,

Please help. I have just received a letter from CIC to submit a divorce certificate.

I got divorce on Feb 2014 and i have legal divorce certificate given by the court.

I have mentioned her maiden name in PR application, whereas the divorce certificate is issued with my surname.

Is they accept the divorce certificate in this case. I have provided the letter of explanation too about this.

canmool

Aug 23, 2018
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-09-2018
Hi,

Please help. I have just received a letter from CIC to submit a divorce certificate.

I got divorce on Feb 2014 and i have legal divorce certificate given by the court.

I have mentioned her maiden name in PR application, whereas the divorce certificate is issued with my surname.

Is they accept the divorce certificate in this case. I have provided the letter of explanation too about this.
First... is CIC requesting a divorce certificate? or are they requesting any additional or supporting documents related to your divorce..

Since you have already submitted the divorce certificate and the letter of explanation... and CIC is still requesting it that means they have not received it or they may have ignored it.

I would re-write a letter of explanation to explain the maiden name situation.... & also write an affidavit declaring that you are legally divorced... & attach a copy of court divorce certificate....

please know that I am not an immigration lawyer or expert.. so I would suggest that you try to consult a professional lawyer to be a safer side.

Shaanoh

Nov 2, 2018
Hiya,

I am sure the divorce proceedings doc should be enough and drafting a separation agreement may not necessarily be an option and you can do the affidavit without the passport details no point leaving gray areas(appeared to be misinterpreted) to include the Future sponsorship clause. If I were you, I would Submit the divorce documents n include LOE about my situation.

I submitted an affidavit and separation agreement when requested Additional Docs as suggested on this thread. and my my application have moved to medical review stage . So fingers crossed all should be fine with you.

Good luck
Hello Buk,

I am also similar situation. I am expecting the ITA in next draw. Will you are anyone share the template for Affidavit for Separation. I have not applied for Divorce yet. Am going to officially file that soon with my Lawyer. I hope its enough for CIC to prove that Legally Separated Statys.

Anyone, please share the template for the Affidavit to be signed by self in the presence of Lawyer to get notarized for Separation would be of tremendous help.

Thanks
Shan