+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

legally separated but no legal papers,with current common law partner

krizzykatie

Sep 10, 2011
hellow Sir,
I'm applying for a live-in caregiver, I am separated but not anulled or any papers proof that we are separated. I have a current common law partner and I want him to bring with me someday if I already have a permanent resident in canada. we converted to islam and we got married one year ago. Is this one proof to bring him in canada someday as my common law partner?Need help, please reply. thankyou so much... :(

bokhee

Nov 10, 2011
I have the same issue. We are separated for 3 1/2 years. What shall I put on my application for provincial nominee? i do not have any papers to proove that we are legally separated although we have been separated already. I left Kuwait and now here in Canada. Also, I have been in a new relationship and been together for 3 years and I wanted him to be with me. No proof that we are partners? My question
a. What shall I put on my application? Married or legally separated
b. Can I put my boyfriend as Common Law pArtner?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You realize that the definition of common-law means "living together for 12 consecutive months in a marriage like relationship".

krizzykatie said:
hellow Sir,
I'm applying for a live-in caregiver, I am separated but not anulled or any papers proof that we are separated. I have a current common law partner and I want him to bring with me someday if I already have a permanent resident in canada. we converted to islam and we got married one year ago. Is this one proof to bring him in canada someday as my common law partner?Need help, please reply. thankyou so much... :(
How can you get married when you are already married to someone else?

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
rjessome said:
You realize that the definition of common-law means "living together for 12 consecutive months in a marriage like relationship".

How can you get married when you are already married to someone else?
I think its possible within islam countries.

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
krizzykatie said:
hellow Sir,
Do you want to declare separeted or common law partner on your LCP application?

If separeted, you dont have to provide CIC w/ any papers at this time however, before applying for OWP and PR, make sure all your papers are ready.( separation agreement and affidavit from your ex husband or divorce certificate) Then you can find out solutions on how to bring your common law partner to Canada after getting PR.

If common law partner, im pretty sure CIC wont accept your LCP application at this time w/o any papers with your previous relationship even though you got married and have common law partner.

Good luck

joemay192011

Jun 10, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-24-2013
Nomination.....
03-27-2014
Does this mean that if your annulment is pending and you are applying for FSW with a common law partnership, will surely get denial result?