+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legally Divorced from sponsored person

Jameela Zaheem

May 18, 2018
Hi, I wanna know some information regarding the sponsorship process. If someone sponsored his wife to Canada and after she goes to their. Can she divorce the sponsored husband? If she divorced will it effected for her P.R.? If she can do it how long they have to live together?
Please advise me. Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi, I wanna know some information regarding the sponsorship process. If someone sponsored his wife to Canada and after she goes to their. Can she divorce the sponsored husband? If she divorced will it effected for her P.R.? If she can do it how long they have to live together?
Please advise me. Thanks
Yes, she can divorce. If she is a PR now, divorce will not affect her PR status. They don't have to live together for any specific period.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Please advise me. Thanks
If you are not yet a PR and are planning to divorce your sponsor after you come to Canada, you will be committing immigration fraud. End of the marriage = end of the sponsorship app.

Reactions: canuck78 and zardoz