N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hi @legalfalcon

Thank you all in advance for all the help now and your previous assistance back when I applied for my PR.

I have a query please as I have applied for the citizenship earlier this month.

I have two things that I am panicking over and just want to know if its worth panicking over or not.
1) I soft landed in 2019 and in that time used an address thats not my residence address for the PR shipping I know that this is okay however my concern is that I used this address also in the cbsa declaration card when I landed in terminal 1. Long story short, the cbsa declaration form I filled in 2019 had an address that is not my actual residential address in that period and that js only because I thought that this is where the PR card shipping address should be filled but apparently I was mistaken.
In the citizneship application I put down my actual residential address which is different so will that be a problem?.

2) When I came back permanently in Nov 2020 it was still covid so the officer in primary interviewed me for quarantine plans and all that which was all fine then he volunteered and asked “do you want me to stamp your passport” I thought of it being useful and agreed and so he did. Next day I was asked to proof my entry for the landlord to count quarantine days and found out that the stamp date was wrong (actually dated 3 days before my actual arrival date) panickly I called cbsa to rectify the issue. The cbsa officer seemed confused but ended up telling me he will leave a note on the file stating the situation and that it will be seen by “those who check how long you have been outside Canada” now how detailed that note was or if it was added at all and what it contains is unknown to me.
The question is, will that affect anything in her application? Will that note made by the cbsa officer by any means hurt her application?
Will it invite any questions or any negative connotations? Some advised me that its not a matter of concern and others told me the call to cbsa wasnt even needed back in 2020 but it was done out of panick nothing more

Looking forwards to your support as usual

Thank you

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

Thank you all in advance for all the help now and your previous assistance back when I applied for my PR.

I have two things that I am panicking over and just want to know if its worth panicking over or not.
1) I soft landed in 2019 and in that time used an address thats not my residence address for the PR shipping I know that this is okay however my concern is that I used this address also in the cbsa declaration card when I landed in terminal 1. Long story short, the cbsa declaration form I filled in 2019 had an address that is not my actual residential address in that period and that js only because I thought that this is where the PR card shipping address should be filled but apparently I was mistaken.
In the citizneship application I put down my actual residential address which is different so will that be a problem?.

2) When I came back permanently in Nov 2020 it was still covid so the officer in primary interviewed me for quarantine plans and all that which was all fine then he volunteered and asked “do you want me to stamp your passport” I thought of it being useful and agreed and so he did. Next day I was asked to proof my entry for the landlord to count quarantine days and found out that the stamp date was wrong (actually dated 3 days before my actual arrival date) panickly I called cbsa to rectify the issue. The cbsa officer seemed confused but ended up telling me he will leave a note on the file stating the situation and that it will be seen by “those who check how long you have been outside Canada” now how detailed that note was or if it was added at all and what it contains is unknown to me.
The question is, will that affect anything in her application? Will that note made by the cbsa officer by any means hurt her application?
Will it invite any questions or any negative connotations? Some advised me that its not a matter of concern and others told me the call to cbsa wasnt even needed back in 2020 but it was done out of panick nothing more

Thank you
In response to your concerns:

1) The discrepancy in addresses between the CBSA declaration form filled during your soft landing in 2019 and the address provided in your citizenship application should not pose a significant issue as long as you have accurately provided your current residential address in the citizenship application. It is common for individuals to use different addresses for shipping purposes versus their actual residence. As long as the address provided in your citizenship application is correct, it should not be a major concern.

2) Regarding the incorrect stamp date on your passport upon re-entry in November 2020, where the date was earlier than your actual arrival date, you took the appropriate step by contacting CBSA to rectify the error. The note left by the CBSA officer to explain the situation should help clarify any discrepancies. This situation is unlikely to have a negative impact on your application, especially since you proactively addressed the issue. It is advisable to keep any documentation related to this incident handy in case it is requested during the application process.

Overall, while these discrepancies may cause some initial concern, as long as you have provided accurate information in your citizenship application and have taken corrective actions where necessary, they are unlikely to significantly impact your application process.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
In response to your concerns:

1) The discrepancy in addresses between the CBSA declaration form filled during your soft landing in 2019 and the address provided in your citizenship application should not pose a significant issue as long as you have accurately provided your current residential address in the citizenship application. It is common for individuals to use different addresses for shipping purposes versus their actual residence. As long as the address provided in your citizenship application is correct, it should not be a major concern.

2) Regarding the incorrect stamp date on your passport upon re-entry in November 2020, where the date was earlier than your actual arrival date, you took the appropriate step by contacting CBSA to rectify the error. The note left by the CBSA officer to explain the situation should help clarify any discrepancies. This situation is unlikely to have a negative impact on your application, especially since you proactively addressed the issue. It is advisable to keep any documentation related to this incident handy in case it is requested during the application process.

Overall, while these discrepancies may cause some initial concern, as long as you have provided accurate information in your citizenship application and have taken corrective actions where necessary, they are unlikely to significantly impact your application process.
Thank you for the response
Regarding note 1 yes my address in the application is my actual residential address that I stayed in at that time
As for no.2 the issue yes I have no idea what the content of the note is or even if its there. What is giving me comfort is the stamp date is giving me more days so if I wanted to cheat the system I would have added that date however I added my actual entry date
Was planning on ordering cbsa notes but honestly its an overkill

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Thank you

1. You are worrying for nothing. It is irrelevant.
  2. Again, irrelevant. The dates were calculated for quarantine and not for the purpose of your stay.
It is normal to worry, but the issues you are worrying about have no significance.

For a citizenship application, as long as you meet the residency requirement, you are fine. People will change address, stay at temp addresses with families and friends, etc. and this is not a cause of concern, as long as you correctly provided all the addresses you have used or lived at.

For the second point, mistakes happen, in stamping, but the electronic records will show the correct date, and you can obtain them from CBSA anytime, but you do not need. The CBSA officer would not have stamped your passport had you not asked for it. So what changes if the date stamped is wrong?

Hope this puts your mind at ease.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
  2. Again, irrelevant. The dates were calculated for quarantine and not for the purpose of your stay.
It is normal to worry, but the issues you are worrying about have no significance.

For a citizenship application, as long as you meet the residency requirement, you are fine. People will change address, stay at temp addresses with families and friends, etc. and this is not a cause of concern, as long as you correctly provided all the addresses you have used or lived at.

For the second point, mistakes happen, in stamping, but the electronic records will show the correct date, and you can obtain them from CBSA anytime, but you do not need. The CBSA officer would not have stamped your passport had you not asked for it. So what changes if the date stamped is wrong?

I appreciate your response as usual
Yes it does put my mind at ease

my concern with the second part about the cbsa stamp is whatever the content of the note that the cbsa officer presumably left on my account is
I just dont want the note to create questions rather than answering them

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I appreciate your response as usual
Yes it does put my mind at ease

my concern with the second part about the cbsa stamp is whatever the content of the note that the cbsa officer presumably left on my account is
I just dont want the note to create questions rather than answering them
It will have no impact.

For a citizenship application you need to meet the following:

1. Residency requirement
2. Criminality
3. Security

If you meet the above, it will be a smooth ride. You are thinking too much and connecting the wrong dots.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
It will have no impact.

1. Residency requirement
2. Criminality
3. Security

If you meet the above, it will be a smooth ride. You are thinking too much and connecting the wrong dots.
Thank you @legalfalcon for that resposne

I apologize for extending this post but I have one relatable question that I hope you can answer me.

In my soft landing time in addition to giving that mailing address to the IRCC for the card I used another address entirely with the bank for bank opening ( this was just because I didnt want to bother those relatives with also receiving my bank cards) so I used that third address which I also didnt reside in opening a bank account.

Now this address is in my credit history and can be seen when doing a residence check as part of any rcmp check that will happen.

Of course since I didnt live in the address I didnt provide it in my address history and also didnt provide it in my LOE as a previous address that could pop up in the search

Is that a concern at all with any discrepancies? Sorry for being frantic

Last edited:

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
It will have no impact.

1. Residency requirement
2. Criminality
3. Security

Adding to the above, that third address was used is both my residential and mailing address of the bank account and no where else official.
I had no experience of the difference between both before settling in Canada

Ohcanada!!

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020

Following

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019

One thing to add here too I really apologize
For this statement "this is not a cause of concern, as long as you correctly provided all the addresses you have used or lived at" is that i didnt provide the addresses I didnt live in but used so the PR card address I only provided it in an LOE as I know its the address IRCC had on file when I landed but in terms of address history I never mentioned it because it wasnt an actual residential address that I stayed in.
The address I gave to the bank (mentioned above) however was not mentioned anywhere not even in the LOE since I just remembered it yesterday

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
One thing to add here too I really apologize
For this statement "this is not a cause of concern, as long as you correctly provided all the addresses you have used or lived at" is that i didnt provide the addresses I didnt live in but used so the PR card address I only provided it in an LOE as I know its the address IRCC had on file when I landed but in terms of address history I never mentioned it because it wasnt an actual residential address that I stayed in.
The address I gave to the bank (mentioned above) however was not mentioned anywhere not even in the LOE since I just remembered it yesterday
You are complicating things. Read the question.

It states:

List all addresses, inside or outside Canada in last 5 years. Its not asking if you lived there or not. If you used an address, it should be on the list, as that was your address.

If you want to omit it, then include a LoE and explain.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019

It states:

List all addresses, inside or outside Canada in last 5 years. Its not asking if you lived there or not. If you used an address, it should be on the list, as that was your address.

Oh I didnt know that what I understood even from the instructions of how to fill the question is to mention the addresses that I only live in and this is why I didnt mention that PR soft landing address (address A) or the address I used as mailing address for the bank (address B)
I am now more concerned since I only included address A in the LOE

PS I have already submitted my application do I submit this information as webform?

Last edited:

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019

It states:

Please advice me on what could be done because thinking about it this address will come up in the background check process

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
@legalfalcon I apologize for the inconvenience of bombarding you with texts can you please see my response above i would appreciate that

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
@legalfalcon I apologize for the inconvenience of bombarding you with texts can you please see my response above i would appreciate that
List all addresses inside and outside of Canada during your entire 5-year eligibility period as legal falcon said just submit an LOE WITH ALL the addresses you have ever used or submit the information via webform... simple.... since it is causing you so much concern and distress just list every address you remember and submit it then.