+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legal representative recommendation

gg9

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
I was wondering if you can share some insights on legal representative recommendations that I have gathered for my application.

Basically my study permit has been refused (grounds: purpose of visit, social ties and employment status). I now either reapply or make an appeal, for which have decided to employ a legal rep.

Would you be able share any insights on the below reps?
  1. Shoshana Greene, from Green and Spiegel
  2. Jessica Ravenhurst, from Garson Immigration Law
  3. Lou Janssen Dangzalan, from LJD law
  4. Campbell Cohen (canadavisa.com)
The first 3 I have received as recommendations from my university immigration advisors (as third party and non-affiliated options). The 4th (Campbell) I found as recommended from our Canadavisa forum.

Are you guys also aware of any ballpark figure of how much should they charge in terms of fee cost? And/or any recommended strategy to get the max out of what we pay? E.g. charge only for reapplication of study permit or rather than to charge for our immigration into Canada (which may use study permit and/or PNP settings etc too). What makes more sense in the long run?

For general context, my basic profile is :
39 yrs old primary applicant applying for study permit along with spouse and 2 toddlers (age 2 and 3 yrs old)
10 years of experience with good companies (in HR)
MBA (10 yrs ago) now going for Professional Executive Style masters program in HR that requires at least 10 years of experience in human resource industry.
IELTS top bands
Previously applied visa SDS (the one that just for refused now)
Had created an immigration express entry profile that has now been expired for 2 years,
( could this be a culprit in my refusal

Hoping you guys can help and share some feedback.

Thank you all.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What were the reasons for refusal?

Why would you appeal? The appeal is based on whether the officer made an error in judgement based on the rules and regulations. What is your intention with the program? You need to show how the program gives you career progression in your home country. Also applying with your whole family sort of says that you want to stay permanently. Don’t include them in the application if you want to apply again. What university program requires 10 years experience?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I was wondering if you can share some insights on legal representative recommendations that I have gathered for my application.

Basically my study permit has been refused (grounds: purpose of visit, social ties and employment status). I now either reapply or make an appeal, for which have decided to employ a legal rep.

The first 3 I have received as recommendations from my university immigration advisors (as third party and non-affiliated options). The 4th (Campbell) I found as recommended from our Canadavisa forum.

Are you guys also aware of any ballpark figure of how much should they charge in terms of fee cost? And/or any recommended strategy to get the max out of what we pay? E.g. charge only for reapplication of study permit or rather than to charge for our immigration into Canada (which may use study permit and/or PNP settings etc too). What makes more sense in the long run?

39 yrs old primary applicant applying for study permit along with spouse and 2 toddlers (age 2 and 3 yrs old)
MBA (10 yrs ago) now going for Professional Executive Style masters program in HR that requires at least 10 years of experience in human resource industry.
IELTS top bands
Had created an immigration express entry profile that has now been expired for 2 years,

Thank you all.
I am 38 years old and got my study permit Approved to study Masters in the University.
Speaking, from my experience apply without family. EE is not an issue. I also had that. The only challenge I see here is you already have a Master's degree so going for another masters in the sane line may got you rejected. Try those Innovation and Entrepreneurship programs. And you can say you aspire to open HR startup. You need set your story straight that reflects a Carrer progression. Also, I would recommend to apply non SDS as Ottawa is going very hard these days.

Reactions: gg9

gg9

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
What were the reasons for refusal?

Why would you appeal? The appeal is based on whether the officer made an error in judgement based on the rules and regulations. What is your intention with the program? You need to show how the program gives you career progression in your home country. Also applying with your whole family sort of says that you want to stay permanently. Don’t include them in the application if you want to apply again. What university program requires 10 years experience?
Its a profeasional executive style program designed for profeasionals who have HR work experience at a senior level.
Reasons of refusal are employement status, home ties and purpose of visit.
Wants to bring family coz my kids are too young to be left back home.

gg9

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
I am 38 years old and got my study permit Approved to study Masters in the University.
Speaking, from my experience apply without family. EE is not an issue. I also had that. The only challenge I see here is you already have a Master's degree so going for another masters in the sane line may got you rejected. Try those Innovation and Entrepreneurship programs. And you can say you aspire to open HR startup. You need set your story straight that reflects a Carrer progression. Also, I would recommend to apply non SDS as Ottawa is going very hard these days.
Im enrolled in MHRM from York University, a highly competetive program to get into and one of the best HR program in Canada from the last two years. My already MBA is evaluated as canadian bachelor degree by WES. This program deaigned for professionals who already have a senior level position in HR workforce.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019

IELTS top bands

Thank you all.
It is very obvious that seems like you're trying to use a study permit to permanently immigrate to Canada, thus your purpose of visit is not to study. That's usually grounds for refusal of study permit.

There's no reason why you can't take your course in your home country and need to spend thousands of dollars to go all the way to Canada for that. The only possibility is that you're trying to use it to gain points for Express Entry.

You already have a master's and 10years of experience. There's nothing you could possibly gain from the course you're trying to take. Again, this raises red flags and indicate that you don't have any intention to use a study permit to study.

Reactions: gg9

bearc420

Jun 24, 2021
Bit late to the thread, but here to offer a review of one of the listed lawyers:
Please do not, ever, engage Lou Janssen Dangzalan's services (LJD Law).

Lou is dishonest, inefficient and uncaring. He starts off warm and responds timely when you first engage his services, but after a while he will slow down his responses and ignore 95% of your emails, calls, and texts. And then he will come up with some excuse saying he has been burned out by too much work, or travelling to Montreal every other day.

He will screw up your case and once he does, he will avoid all your calls, texts and emails. if you ask him for updates, he's too afraid to tell you that he screwed up your case. He almost got one of his clients deported (see below)
, and caused many, many other clients to lose their jobs and get their applications denied. He basically screwed up my permit and can't answer to me nor my employer.

He has an assistant running the Facebook page, who is very kind and will offer to reach out to Lou for you but Lou will disregard your case and lie to him that he will pick up your case. He won't!

Anyone coming across the internet for a review on LJD LAW Lou JANSSEN DANGZALAN, please see this and take this into consideration so you don't make the biggest mistake of your life by hiring him!