NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
Hello Members,

I need help regarding citizenship application.

I am applying citizenship for my wife and I. My wife had a different first name at birth, and different middle name after getting married. We have submitted all the required name change documents in our PR application 4 years ago. All of her name changes were back in India before she immigrated to Canada.

As per Citizenship checklist, do I need to attach all of those documents again including new affidavit for name change?

Thank you for help in advance

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Hello Members,

I need help regarding citizenship application.

I am applying citizenship for my wife and I. My wife had a different first name at birth, and different middle name after getting married. We have submitted all the required name change documents in our PR application 4 years ago. All of her name changes were back in India before she immigrated to Canada.

As per Citizenship checklist, do I need to attach all of those documents again including new affidavit for name change?

Thank you for help in advance
Only if the names are different from your PR card and other identity docs (passport, license, health card etc.). If they all show the new names you intended, no need to provide any name change documents.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
Only if the names are different from your PR card and other identity docs (passport, license, health card etc.). If they all show the new names you intended, no need to provide any name change documents.
All the documents have new name but there is a note on passport last page that this person was previously known as old name. All was clarified in PR application. Since i have to mention in application form that this person was previously known as old name, Would they require documents for that?

Should i include explanation letter?

Appreciate your input.

Update: This is what i found in Application guidelines

QUESTION 4 Your full name as shown on your Record of Landing (IMM 1000), Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), or Last Permanent Residence Card (PR Card).
  • Examples of documents are listed above in Question 3.
  • If you do not have a given name, leave this field blank. Do not enter “*”, “Not applicable” or “NA”.
  1. If you changed your name since becoming a Permanent Resident, select “yes” from the drop down menu and provide the required documents listed in Appendixes A: Name Change

QUESTION 5

We need to know all of the names you have ever used in order to verify your identity. If you used any other names other than the one being requested in your grant of citizenship application, print them in the chart.
  • Examples: Name at time of birth, name before marriage, previous married names, married name, nick names or any other names you have used.
  • If you do not have a given name, leave this field blank. Do not enter “*”, “Not applicable” or “NA”.
  • You can add or remove rows as you need by pressing the plus sign (+) or minus sign (-) buttons.
  • If you have legally changed your name, see Appendix A – Changing the name on your document.
If you have legally changed your name outside Canada and are residing in Canada
Then you must provide a copy of the following documents:

• A foreign passport or other national authoritative documentation amended to reflect the new name;
  • A foreign name change document that links your previous name to your new name, such as a foreign marriage certificate (with an official translation); and
  • A document in the new name from Canadian provinces or territories (ex. driver's licence, health card, age of majority card, senior citizen’s identification card, or social service card)
This is what i found in application package

Regardless Before PR or After PR, We need to name change documents correct?

Sorry for long post

Last edited:

gaurang.parmar

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP: 4-Jan-2016 eAPR: 30-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
PNP: 2-May-2016 eAPR: 03-Aug-2016
Nomination.....
20-May-2016
AOR Received.
30-Jul-2016
IELTS Request
Pre
Med's Request
Pre-APR
Med's Done....
Pre-APR
Passport Req..
1-Mar-2017
LANDED..........
01-06-2017
Yes you should provide copies of all legal name change documents (whatever applicable or you have done i.e. Passport Before marriage, Passport after marriage, Birth certificate, Affidavit for name change etc.) Middle name change after marriage is not legal name change.

If it is done in Canada then respective province health department issue letter of legal name change that copy needs to be send.