+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Left Canda as a minor and want to enter Canada on expired PR card

andywong3111

Jul 13, 2019
I have planned to enter Canada with my expired pr that was expired 7-8 years ago as I get my pr when i was a kid . I didnt stay because my family didn't have enough money and they wanted to come back to home country .

Now im 23 and I would like to come back via USA border and stay 2 years renew my pr .

I would like to know
1.Which border via USA to Canada is the best in my scenario ?

2. Is it workable if i take a taxi from USA to the border around and walk across it ?

3. Im holding a visa exempt passport too , when I meet the CBSA , which one should I use to travel across the border? Using the expired PR to explain H&C reasons or a visa exempt passport to tell them im a traveller?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have planned to enter Canada with my expired pr that was expired 7-8 years ago as I get my pr when i was a kid . I didnt stay because my family didn't have enough money and they wanted to come back to home country .

Now im 23 and I would like to come back via USA border and stay 2 years renew my pr .

I would like to know
1.Which border via USA to Canada is the best in my scenario ?

2. Is it workable if i take a taxi from USA to the border around and walk across it ?

3. Im holding a visa exempt passport too , when I meet the CBSA , which one should I use to travel across the border? Using the expired PR to explain H&C reasons or a visa exempt passport to tell them im a traveller?
1. There's no best border crossing.
2. Yes.
3. I would use your passport. But at the same time, you don't want to lie if you are asked any questions about your status in Canada. If asked about that, you need to be truthful.

andywong3111

Jul 13, 2019
1. There's no best border crossing.
2. Yes.
3. I would use your passport. But at the same time, you don't want to lie if you are asked any questions about your status in Canada. If asked about that, you need to be truthful.
Thanks for your reply
So firstly , I should show my passport , but then if he ask me , I have to show him the pr card and say that I gained my pr when i was a kid ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply
So firstly , I should show my passport , but then if he ask me , I have to show him the pr card and say that I gained my pr when i was a kid ?
Yes - you would show him your PR card. I wouldn't provide information you aren't asked for. So just show him the PR card and see what further questions are asked. If you are asked about the residency obligation, then you would request H&C consideration since you were removed from Canada as a child.

Note that you are on the old side to be requesting H&C consideration for being removed from Canada as a child. So hard to say how this will go.

andywong3111

Jul 13, 2019
Yes - you would show him your PR card. I wouldn't provide information you aren't asked for. So just show him the PR card and see what further questions are asked. If you are asked about the residency obligation, then you would request H&C consideration since you were removed from Canada as a child.

Note that you are on the old side to be requesting H&C consideration for being removed from Canada as a child. So hard to say how this will go.
Thank you Scylia
Actually I have two passport in same country because my country had some special issues in the past but two both have visa exempt for canada . So Which one should I use to cross the border , the one with Canada Landing record before ( I had only been there as a child for once and got my pr) , or the one without ?

If my passport doesn't have any landing record and have a different passport number , would the CBSA mis-check it so that I can pass through more safely like a traveller?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
But your name, date of birth, country of birth assume are the same on both passports and that is your unique identity that if CBSA have an entry in the system could id you. People get new passports all the time and there is no requirement to tell CBSA or IRCC about a new passport given an identity is generally unique to an individual.

As to whether CBSA may mis-check anything that really is your decision alone anything else here would be speculation just have to take your chance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.