+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

left Canada with expired PR card

jito

Feb 11, 2017
Hello!

My situation is a bit complicated and I bet I am not the only one in this situation.

I am a permanent resident in Canada. I didn't travel in the last five years except for the last two months that I came to Europe for vacations.

I didn't care and I left canada with my expired Pr card (it's been expired since 2013) However, I did not have a problem leaving Canada since they did not stamp my passport nor checked for my PR Car either. (I have visa exempt passport).

Now the time for me to return to canada will come soon since I must continue with my job in Canada.

I know I must apply for a Travel document in order to return to Canada, I have with me my sin number. my COPR. I also have another problem! I got stolen in europe and I had to apply for a new passport (a passport from the country i am citizen) and of course I don't have my expired PR card anymore.

I need to know what are the chances I have to get my travel document approved. I can provide payslips and tax documents for the last five years,

What I don't know is if immigration Canada will know that the PR card I got stolen was expired since 2013... is there a way they can find out? and if so... is that a penalty or a reason to to allow me to return to canada?

Another question I have is: since the passport I have is a new one (with different number) how can I proof that I left canada two months ago? as far as I know I must have proof that I have been in canada the whole time. and I don't know how can I prove that. Maybe I shouldnät worry about? I also read that they don't keep control on people who leave canada, only people who enter Canada.

And last question: How long does the travel document take to be processed? I can't wait too long or else I will fall in an illegal status in Europe since I am supposed not to stay longer than 3 months. Also I am supposed to travel to The Londo to apply for the travel document, since they don't process it everywhere in Europe...

I feel stuck and I don't know what is gonna happen... I know I put myself in this situation and that I should had applied for my new PR card before travelin... to be honest, I thought applying for a Travel document wouldnt be a problem and I didn not count with the fact that I was gonna be robbed and I had to wait one month to get my new passport in Europe... so now I am short on cash and time!

Please help!

Thanks!

jito

Feb 11, 2017
forgive my grammar errors!

* is that a penalty or a reason not to allow me to return to canada?
* Also I am supposed to travel to London to apply for the travel document, since they there are not Canada visa offices in every country of Europe...