+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Left Canada when a minor

Suthar_shraddha

Feb 18, 2020
If you are in Canada right now, then you should not apply for a PRTD. You should wait until you have lived in Canada for 730 days and only then apply to renew your PR cards.

Also, I am not a sir. Please don't assume everyone here is a man.
No We are in india We left Canada in 2012 and pr card been expired in 2015

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No We are in india We left Canada in 2012 and pr card been expired in 2015
In that case you should all apply for the PRTD separately. Do not apply together. Your brother has a decent change of being approved. You may have some chance of being approved depending on your age. Your mother likely has no chance of being approved.

If you all apply together then you will all be refused. Apply separately.

Man2001

Jul 3, 2019
Hello all
I was in Canada with PR status i was 8 years old in 2009. I spent around 14 months in Canada and then after I left Canada. Now I m going to turn 20 in this October 2020.

My queries are :

1. I want to return back to Canada and continue my studies in a Canadian University in 2020. Can I apply for a PRTD ? since I was a minor when I left Canada. Is there any chance that I get a favourable response for the PRTD?
2. What is the certain age limit as a minor for PRTD application ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Shraddha! can u send me your mail id or phone no. I would like to give you some valuable information.
Do you have a daughter or sister at York? If so you know how to apply for a PRTD. Yes it has become more difficult to get a PRTD if you are not 18/19.

Man2001

Jul 3, 2019
Do you have a daughter or sister at York? If so you know how to apply for a PRTD. Yes it has become more difficult to get a PRTD if you are not 18/19.
[/QUOTE]
Hello ! my daughter applied for prtd last year when she turned 18y and 3 months.We had stayed in Canada in 2009 for only 5 months and could never returned to Canada due to the condition of old and sick parents.She got it within 50 days.The form is very simple. She did not have any travel history to any other country.So, more simpler for her.VFS people were quite helpful regarding any queries while filling the form.There are 95 percent chances of approval if applied at 18-19+

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello ! my daughter applied for prtd last year when she turned 18y and 3 months.We had stayed in Canada in 2009 for only 5 months and could never returned to Canada due to the condition of old and sick parents.She got it within 50 days.The form is very simple. She did not have any travel history to any other country.So, more simpler for her.VFS people were quite helpful regarding any queries while filling the form.There are 95 percent chances of approval if applied at 18-19+
[/QUOTE]

Why are you posting questions then? You know the process.

There isn't 95% approval at 19+. Perhaps 18/19.

Man2001

Jul 3, 2019
Hello ! my daughter applied for prtd last year when she turned 18y and 3 months.We haaheloo acanuckd stayed in Canada in 2009 for only 5 months and could never returned to Canada due to the condition of old and sick parents.She got it within 50 days.The form is very simple. She did not have any travel history to any other country.So, more simpler for her.VFS people were quite helpful regarding any queries while filling the form.There are 95 percent chances of approval if applied at 18-19+
Why are you posting questions then? You know the process.

There isn't 95% approval at 19+. Perhaps 18/19.
[/QUOTE]
Dear Canuck78
I have not posted any questions. I have just given the information to others that how my daughter got it.

LebK

Dec 14, 2019
Hi guys,

So I'm having a situation. We immigrated to Canada as a family of 5 (Parents and my 2 siblings) in 2002 with my father being the primary applicant. Our PR card was valid until 2007 and it was never renewed (never applied for PRTD). I was 12 years old at the time, we lived in Canada for about 7 months after which we returned back to our home country due to family reasons.

Fast forward to October 2019, I have submitted my express entry profile as a FSW-O applicant and received my ITA and submitted my profile with an AOR of December 2019. I have applied for my GCMS notes twice (one in April 2020 and another one in June 2020) and they indicated my eligibility is under "Review Required" and that it has to do with my previous PR status. I have called IRCC twice(In June 2020) to have a better understanding of my situation, and both confirmed there's nothing to worry about and that "the officer will soon make a decision on my application, but It will take more than the usual 6 months timeline". I subsequently tried to proactively take action and raised a webform that includes an LOE explaining our previous PR situation and submitted additional documents that verify our genuine intention of settling in Canada (back in 2002).

However, I have called them again last week and after doing some digging, my officer has finally revealed that I still am a PR status holder (I had no clue, always thought my PR status expires with the validity shown on the PR card) and she said that there is almost no reason for refusal (especially because I was a minor and wasn't aware that I had to renounce) but suggested that IRCC may ask me to renounce my PR for them to issue another one or re-activate my current PR status (by signing some papers).

My eligibility is under RR since January 2020 and I'm getting anxious. What do you think is the best way to move forward? Are you guys aware if anybody has been refused for applying to EE whilst being a PR holder?

I'd really appreciate your inputs!!

Thanks!!

Last edited: