+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Left Canada when a minor

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
Yes; i am the Son as My Parents didn't return to Canada and now i am 18 and would like to return on H&C Ground, i was wondering what shall i write in question 19 for argument of H&C for PRTD application can you please guide.
write less and write the fact that you had no say on your parents decision etc
making sure you stress upon the fact that you are willing to relocate for good and would like to establish in Canada asap
healthy bank statement of yourself/parents would help
dont mention anything about going to school/univ. rather mention you want to start a new life in canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes; i am the Son as My Parents didn't return to Canada and now i am 18 and would like to return on H&C Ground, i was wondering what shall i write in question 19 for argument of H&C for PRTD application can you please guide.
You can apply but nothing is ever guaranteed unless you meet your RO. With covid PRTD with H&C requirements are likely to take a while to be processed. Would apply as soon as possible but being removed as a minor is no longer a guaranteed ticket back to Canada. It looks like you spent a month in Canada as a 1 or 2 year old so you don't have much attachment to Canada. You don't really have anything to lose.

hanney

Jul 28, 2020
My Canadian husband die in 2016, and he did not get PR for me yet, We have 2 daugther, 9& 11, They had Canadian Citizenship. Now, I was thinking to bring them back to Canada, but I dont have PR to stay with them. Can I apply PR under H&C ground from oversea on children benefit. I could not find the form to do so. Any one had the same case as mine?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Canadian husband die in 2016, and he did not get PR for me yet, We have 2 daugther, 9& 11, They had Canadian Citizenship. Now, I was thinking to bring them back to Canada, but I dont have PR to stay with them. Can I apply PR under H&C ground from oversea on children benefit. I could not find the form to do so. Any one had the same case as mine?
No, you cannot apply PR based on children benefit. If you want bring them to Canada, apply a visitor visa (TRV).

Suthar_shraddha

Feb 18, 2020
Hello.......I have got the approval of PRTD and I have a query......I am going to Canada next month after the completion of 8 years in my home country so,do I have to show some amount if the immigration officer ask about the bank details while arriving in Canada? And if yes,then how much amount? Or any other documents I have to show there? Please let me know and reply me as soon as possible.....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello.......I have got the approval of PRTD and I have a query......I am going to Canada next month after the completion of 8 years in my home country so,do I have to show some amount if the immigration officer ask about the bank details while arriving in Canada? And if yes,then how much amount? Or any other documents I have to show there? Please let me know and reply me as soon as possible.....
No you don’t need to show proof of income but you’ll need to provide for yourself of returning to Canada and given the tough economic times it could be quite a while until you find employment. You will need to provide a quarantine plan where you will remain isolated for 14 days.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you don't need to show any amount to the immigration officer but you need to tell the officer your quarantine plan upon check-in to your place of quarantine. Things like: how you getting there from the airport, etc.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What Can I do with TRV? How long it will last ?
You cannot work and will not have healthcare coverage. You will enter Canada as a tourist/visitor.

Having Canadian children is not any basis of getting immigration status.
You can look into qualifying for immigration yourself. Look into Express Entry and skilled worker. Check to see if your skill set and work experience to see if you qualify.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/express-entry-expression-of-interest.54/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/skilled-worker-professional-immigration.4/

Irkhan

Nov 16, 2013
Could you please share timeline, how long it took to get the reply after you have applied for the PRTD.

Suthar_shraddha

Feb 18, 2020
Hi as according your advice I have approved my PRTD and also I booked my flight ticket and also I have received Authorization letter from ircc . And I am going to Canada next month so my question is that. " it is not compalsary that you have to show net amount (cad $ )to immigration officer ? In airport Any amount I can carry with me. (less than $10000 )
And I am just asking to you any other documents required for immigration or CBSA . can ask me when I enter to Canada airport please guide me and give me details list of documents which required to enter in Canada ( I might be wrong ) so please let me know . and also thanks for everything

Suthar_shraddha

Feb 18, 2020
Hi as according your advice I have approved my PRTD and also I booked my flight ticket and also I have received Authorization letter from ircc . And I am going to Canada next month so my question is that. " it is not compalsary that you have to show net amount (cad $ )to immigration officer ? In airport Any amount I can carry with me. (less than $10000 )
And I am just asking to you any other documents required for immigration or CBSA . can ask me when I enter to Canada airport please guide me and give me details list of documents which required to enter in Canada ( I might be wrong ) so please let me know . and also thanks for everything