+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving / Travelling Outside of Canada while waiting on official letters and transcript (Before PGWP Application)

gdfo

Apr 19, 2022
Hi everyone,
I have a question whether I can & should leave Canada while waiting on my school to finalize grade and process letters
Seems many previous questions are directed towards those that have already applied for PGWP (Which I understand is okay to travel and come back)

Some info:
  • Final term ends on Aug 30th 2022
  • Student Permit is valid until Nov 30th 2022
  • It will take roughly 2-3 weeks from Aug 30th (Mid September earliest) for the school to process grades and finalize letters
  • Planning to travel outside of Canada for first 2 weeks of September

I was wondering if I could travel outside of Canada during this period of school processing my documents.
If I can, I am planning to apply for PGWP after returning to Canada so that I can work under implied status as my student visa would still be valid

Would I be okay to return to Canada with valid TRV under student permit although my studies have ended?
or
Should I just stay in Canada and travel after applying for PGWP

Thank you very much

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Hi everyone,
I have a question whether I can & should leave Canada while waiting on my school to finalize grade and process letters
Seems many previous questions are directed towards those that have already applied for PGWP (Which I understand is okay to travel and come back)

Some info:
  • Final term ends on Aug 30th 2022
  • Student Permit is valid until Nov 30th 2022
  • It will take roughly 2-3 weeks from Aug 30th (Mid September earliest) for the school to process grades and finalize letters
  • Planning to travel outside of Canada for first 2 weeks of September

I was wondering if I could travel outside of Canada during this period of school processing my documents.
If I can, I am planning to apply for PGWP after returning to Canada so that I can work under implied status as my student visa would still be valid

Would I be okay to return to Canada with valid TRV under student permit although my studies have ended?
or
Should I just stay in Canada and travel after applying for PGWP

Thank you very much
Hello. I am in a similar situation. Did you travel back to Canada without any concerns? If yes, what did you mention at the border?