+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving the country while PR app is processing

Discussion in 'Provincial Nomination Program Immigration' started by Thtruc nguyen, Jul 15, 2019.

  1. Hi guys,
    my visa will expires next month, can i leave the country a week and come back here one month before the expiration? and my PR application is being processed. will i have problem at the border when i come back here?

    thank you
  2. You can even come in one day before your visitor visa expires. visitor visa is not a legal status in Canada. Make sure your work permit is not expired.
    Thtruc nguyen likes this.
  3. Thanh you for your reply.
    my work permit also expires on the same day. and i think my employer will apply bridging work permit after i come back to canada. is it going to be a problem?
  4. If you are eligible to apply for a bridging open work permit, you should try to submit it as soon as possible before you leave the country. Your employer doesn't need to do anything as you don't need your employer's help to apply for a bridging open work permit, you will be the one who files the bridging open work permit application. Although technically the CBSA officer should let you in even you only have few days left on your current work permit, it is always better to at least have your extension application in process when you re-enter Canada.

Share This Page