21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Foster said:
That must be the hold up with our application. My husband's ex wife has literally gone M.I.A. with his daughter and there's no way of contacting her or anything. We had no medical done for her but we sent letters from my husband and my sister in-law stating that we simply cannot find her. My husband also signed the acknowledgement form stating he knows his daughter cannot be sponsored in the future. Everything is done that was the last thing they asked of us in May and now we are sitting ducks waiting for CIC to tell us what's going on. It's all so frustrating!
They will eventually 'succumb' and approve him. It is going to be very difficult on him later on though if something happens to her mother and all she has left is her dad. It might be this that they are looking into a bit further. I dunno, maybe they are checking the 'back end' of this story to ensure they can't find her either and you aren't just 'making it up' to make it easier, or they are actually ensure that he would have a back door if necessary. Who knows *shrugs*

If they are looking at a 'back door' for him, don't expect them to note that to him anywhere LOL He will have to look very hard and long to locate it if it ever became necessary.

And I would also add, his ex wife is an absolute BIATCH! to take the child and disappear. She should have the right to know her father. *shaking head* Some people.

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
Alurra71 said:
They will eventually 'succumb' and approve him. It is going to be very difficult on him later on though if something happens to her mother and all she has left is her dad. It might be this that they are looking into a bit further. I dunno, maybe they are checking the 'back end' of this story to ensure they can't find her either and you aren't just 'making it up' to make it easier, or they are actually ensure that he would have a back door if necessary. Who knows *shrugs*

If they are looking at a 'back door' for him, don't expect them to note that to him anywhere LOL He will have to look very hard and long to locate it if it ever became necessary.

And I would also add, his ex wife is an absolute BIATCH! to take the child and disappear. She should have the right to know her father. *shaking head* Some people.
Oh trust me Alurra71 I have some mean words for her! She has raised their daughter with her new husband who now she calls daddy. My husband gets so upset at the entire situation and of course her parents are supporting her in all this and won't disclose any information. She changes her phone number constantly and she has blocked all of us from social sites so getting a hold of her is tough. We think that is the reason why my husband's application is taking forever. We filed in May, I got approved in June to sponsor, we heard from CIC in May 2014 for the acknowledgement form and after that nothing...

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Foster said:
Oh trust me Alurra71 I have some mean words for her! She has raised their daughter with her new husband who now she calls daddy. My husband gets so upset at the entire situation and of course her parents are supporting her in all this and won't disclose any information. She changes her phone number constantly and she has blocked all of us from social sites so getting a hold of her is tough. We think that is the reason why my husband's application is taking forever. We filed in May, I got approved in June to sponsor, we heard from CIC in May 2014 for the acknowledgement form and after that nothing...
I'm sorry. I have no use for people like this. I can fully understand the child calling the new husband Daddy, and I don't disagree with that, because he is taking care of her. However, I do disagree that her mother and her grandparents would think it a good idea to essentially shut her relationship down with her natural father and not let it take it's own course. For that, there is NEVER an excuse and I have not an ounce of sympathy for those who do that to a child. The day will come when the daughter grows up and learns of what has happened. I feel a slight form of pity for the mother/grandparents when she figures it out because it will not be pretty. Children are like that. They learn the truth and then make up their own minds.

I only say this because, as you may have surmised, I have experienced this myself. No, I didn't hold my children from their father, it was the opposite in fact. But boy, he's not liking the rewards that he's now getting for doing that and all the lies he told. The grandparents are also not so happy now that the kids have figured out they were part and parcel in the effort.

Just tell your husband to hold on as best he can. Tell him it really helps to keep scrapbooks of whatever information he can get about his daughter. When she is older, she will see and understand for herself that her 'Daddy' did not just leave her but he had no choice. It makes a WORLD of difference. He will likely be reluctant, because after all, he is a guy ;) So you could probably help him out there with that as well :D

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Is that not kidnapping?

No one would be able to keep me from my child or I would be at the police station everyday

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Becki567 said:
Is that not kidnapping?

No one would be able to keep me from my child or I would be at the police station everyday
i don't think it's kidknapping, if the parent has sole custody. i imagine the police would just say it's a "domestic dispute" and refer it to family court. i would think he would need to petition the court for the right to know where his child is and see her, because i'm pretty sure it IS illegal what the mother is doing. The father just needs the court to say so, which i'm sure is a complete nightmare to do. Plus the fight that would no doubt ensure probably wouldn't be in the best interest of the child. the whole cross-border parenting thing is scary! there really isn't anything that protects parental rights, from what i understand.

it's a sucky situation, and i'm sure karma will have your husband's and his daughter's back!
'

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
Alurra71 I tell my husband that all the time. I tell him just wait til she gets older and all we can do is pray for his ex-wife and her parents because I know his daughter will be extremely upset over it. I am sorry this happened to you I would not wish this on anyone. Sadly, his daughter was practically his shadow before all this happened she loved her daddy very much. But I keep reminding my husband that time will come when she will learn the truth.

Becki567 & rhcohen2014 it's not exactly "kidnapping" there's more to it than what I have said on here. My husband has joint custody and his ex-wife knows this but she could care less. Her husband is in the military and is somehow able to pull strings for her when it comes to them traveling. We cannot afford to fight this right now because it is very costly to fight this in the states. But when time comes and my husband is able to work here we are going to do everything in our power to expose them. We recently found out that they were going on a cruise and his ex-wife needs my husband to sign a letter stating it's ok to leave the country but we do not know how she got passed that unless her stupid husband did something to help her cross the border for the cruise.

Ugh it's one big headache with this woman and her husband! I just pray for them because time will come when karma catches up to them including all the lies and deceitful things they do.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
I was just thinking if it was illegal, with a court document then maybe CIC wouldn't be able to bar him from sponsoring her in the future. It is a unfortunate situation, and like someone else mentioned I hope nothing happens to her mother or the daughter would be alone.

As for leaving the country. I took my kids last summer to England for a month with my current husband and two children from my previous relationship. I had a letter that he had signed saying I could take them, but no one asked to see it.