Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am sponsoring my husband (American) and we are doing the outland application and we're just waiting for his PR at any time now. We want to go visit my in-laws in the US but I was told if we leave Canada he may jeopardize his application, is this true? We understand he may get denied re-entry when we try to fly back which we understand but if we leave can this really ruin the sponsorship?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, it is the INLAND application that tends to hold a PR applicant hostage in discourage the applicant from leaving Canada.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ponga said:
No, it is the INLAND application that tends to hold a PR applicant hostage in Canada.
Yes it is the inland application that states that the applicant must remain inside Canada during the entire process. It is a very very inconvenience situation to be under but calling it as hostage is an overkill use of the situation considering the applicant is still free to leave Canada at any time but have to understand the risk involved in doing so.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Yes it is the inland application that states that the applicant must remain inside Canada during the entire process. It is a very very inconvenience situation to be under but calling it as hostage is an overkill use of the situation considering the applicant is still free to leave Canada at any time but have to understand the risk involved in doing so.
Updated to be less offensive. ;D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ponga said:
Updated to be less offensive. ;D
Ha ha ha. That's a much better and accurate statement correction. Ha ha.

+1 for you.

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
Thanks screech and Ponga. My husband and I have decided not to go anywhere until his PR arrives. Rather be safe than sorry even though it only applies to inland applications.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Foster said:
Thanks screech and Ponga. My husband and I have decided not to go anywhere until his PR arrives. Rather be safe than sorry even though it only applies to inland applications.
leaving and returning doesn't jeopardize an outland application. there are many outland applicants who regularly cross the border without issue. when they see you have an application received in their system, they are happy. i have crossed multiple times since being in process. i've actually have found it to be easier to cross.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whoa! Are the dates in your time line correct?

Did you submit your Outland application last year?

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
Ponga said:
Whoa! Are the dates in your time line correct?

Did you submit your Outland application last year?
We sure did and still waiting to hear back from them. My husband signed an acknowledgement form stating that he understands his daughter will not be able to be sponsored once everything has been processed but never heard anything since then. Needless to say, we are getting a little frustrated at this point....

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
leaving and returning doesn't jeopardize an outland application. there are many outland applicants who regularly cross the border without issue. when they see you have an application received in their system, they are happy. i have crossed multiple times since being in process. i've actually have found it to be easier to cross.
Oh ok good to know rhcohen2014. Still on the fence about it but we will see :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Foster said:
Oh ok good to know rhcohen2014. Still on the fence about it but we will see :)
Since you filed "outland" PR application, traveling internationally has no effect on your PR application none whatsoever. You are completely safe to travel to US or any other country for that matter. No need to worry about sitting on the fence.

It is quite understandable to feel this way if you applied "inland" but since you applied outland. No need to feel that way at all.

Screech339

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
screech339 said:
Since you filed "outland" PR application, traveling internationally has no effect on your PR application none whatsoever. You are completely safe to travel to US or any other country for that matter. No need to worry about sitting on the fence.

It is quite understandable to feel this way if you applied "inland" but since you applied outland. No need to feel that way at all.

Screech339
Thanks screech339! We miss my stepson and we are just getting anxious! I guess the only thing we have to worry about is the border?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Foster said:
Thanks screech339! We miss my stepson and we are just getting anxious! I guess the only thing we have to worry about is the border?
If in the event that you were to get denied back into Canada, however unlikely that event to occur, it won't affect your PR processing. The PR will still move along. You would only now be "stuck" in US, assuming US is where you are going to visit your stepson.

Screech339

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
The hold up is likely due to not including one of the dependent children in the application. I did not inlcude my youngest daughter (who at the time was only 19) because she was already working a full time job, had recently started living with her fiance and was due to be married before my application would have been approved. (I filed in December, she was due to be married in March). I made sure to include ALL of this information with my initial application and while it helped, they still ended up asking me whether or not she had actually married when I said she did. I sent them a copy of her marriage certificate and was approved a short time after that. They have a very hard time excluding dependents because while it might seem like a good idea at the time, things change rapidly and then families are often torn apart because of this.

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
Alurra71 said:
The hold up is likely due to not including one of the dependent children in the application. I did not inlcude my youngest daughter (who at the time was only 19) because she was already working a full time job, had recently started living with her fiance and was due to be married before my application would have been approved. (I filed in December, she was due to be married in March). I made sure to include ALL of this information with my initial application and while it helped, they still ended up asking me whether or not she had actually married when I said she did. I sent them a copy of her marriage certificate and was approved a short time after that. They have a very hard time excluding dependents because while it might seem like a good idea at the time, things change rapidly and then families are often torn apart because of this.
That must be the hold up with our application. My husband's ex wife has literally gone M.I.A. with his daughter and there's no way of contacting her or anything. We had no medical done for her but we sent letters from my husband and my sister in-law stating that we simply cannot find her. My husband also signed the acknowledgement form stating he knows his daughter cannot be sponsored in the future. Everything is done that was the last thing they asked of us in May and now we are sitting ducks waiting for CIC to tell us what's going on. It's all so frustrating!