Leaving nominated Province?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I am not sure through which SK nominee program you went but I want to point out that many programs are only for people who want to live and work in that province. That means even if you stayed in SK you couldn't study right away at U of R or U of S. You are supposed to work in SK, not study. As Rob already pointed out above, it is all about the intent. If you end up at a University right after landing it is clear that you already planned this before landing as a PR which means you didn't have the intent to settle in SK as a worker all the way up to landing and therefore misrepresented yourself.

Also please note: I am not talking about what you actually intend to do at this very moment. It seems you are undecided as of now. But IF you enrol in a university right after landing this would solidify the fact that you didn't intend to work in SK.

Also regarding your last post: To say that maybe AFTER finishing school you are going to settle in SK is irrelevant. You need to have and show (<--- please note this second word) the intent to settle in SK immediately after landing and to work there. It's not enough to say that in the long run you will end up in SK.

I want to emphasize again that your provincial nomination probably doesn't allow you to have the intend to study right after landing, not even in SK. At least the SK programs I just looked into don't allow that.

Also, while you might feel it was inappropriate how exactly spousalsponsee criticized your English writing, he has a point in that it is common courtesy to write full words and sentences. Write "please" and not "pls", write "you" and not "u", write "question" and not "ques", write "anyone" and not "any1". It makes it much harder to read otherwise. This isn't a facebook chat, this is an online forum. If you want us to help you/give you advice, writing full english words is really something you should do.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Have I ever said that I don't wanna live in SK or I wanna settle myself in ON/BC????? DID I?????
Can you pls scrutinize my thread ques once again? If I say that I wanna do a MBA/Post Grad in ON/BC, That may have 2 consequences, I may settle myself in ON/BC after completion of post grad or I may return back to SK and hunt for job. Right?
consider the alternatives too. Don't judge any1 too quickly.

adnan16666 said:
I will be landing to SK on July 2017.
To make myself well prepared for Canadian Job market, I would like to do a MBA/Post grad diploma from any renowned college/University in Toronto/BC.

With a invitation letter from any college/university for master/post grad program, can I move to another province
Your very first post - the entire question you asked - was about moving to another province. If you wish to settle in BC/ON after gaining an academic qualification, the most likely most legitimate course is to get a study permit for an institution, and then settle there afterwards (you would likely qualify for a postgraduate work permit allowing you to work after graduating).

Sask immigration is entirely for people who wish to live in Saskatchewan, which is the entire point of it (and as spyfy has pointed out, really people who wish to live and work in Saskatchewan). Not people who might do so years down the line. People who intend to do so now. It's the entire point of the programme you're (ab)using.

adnan16666

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2016
Nomination.....
09-09-2016 (SINP EE)
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
I am not sure through which SK nominee program you went but I want to point out that many programs are only for people who want to live and work in that province. That means even if you stayed in SK you couldn't study right away at U of R or U of S. You are supposed to work in SK, not study. As Rob already pointed out above, it is all about the intent. If you end up at a University right after landing it is clear that you already planned this before landing as a PR which means you didn't have the intent to settle in SK as a worker all the way up to landing and therefore misrepresented yourself.

Also please note: I am not talking about what you actually intend to do at this very moment. It seems you are undecided as of now. But IF you enrol in a university right after landing this would solidify the fact that you didn't intend to work in SK.

Also regarding your last post: To say that maybe AFTER finishing school you are going to settle in SK is irrelevant. You need to have and show (<--- please note this second word) the intent to settle in SK immediately after landing and to work there. It's not enough to say that in the long run you will end up in SK.

I want to emphasize again that your provincial nomination probably doesn't allow you to have the intend to study right after landing, not even in SK. At least the SK programs I just looked into don't allow that.

Also, while you might feel it was inappropriate how exactly spousalsponsee criticized your English writing, he has a point in that it is common courtesy to write full words and sentences. Write "please" and not "pls", write "you" and not "u", write "question" and not "ques", write "anyone" and not "any1". It makes it much harder to read otherwise. This isn't a facebook chat, this is an online forum. If you want us to help you/give you advice, writing full english words is really something you should do.
those are the information I was really looking for. thank you a lot for giving me a proper solution.
the fact is I am moving there with my family and a kid, a wave of information I am getting through friends and online portals that A CANADIAN DEGREE is must needed to be successful in Canada. Those stuffs are really making me confused and driving me to choose other alternatives.
It's a fact too that until unless I am moving there I can't make any assumption, just to be in a safe side I was hunting for this. I hope you can understand the fact that I really don't want to face a worse situation there.

adnan16666

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2016
Nomination.....
09-09-2016 (SINP EE)
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Your very first post - the entire question you asked - was about moving to another province. If you wish to settle in BC/ON after gaining an academic qualification, the most likely most legitimate course is to get a study permit for an institution, and then settle there afterwards (you would likely qualify for a postgraduate work permit allowing you to work after graduating).

Sask immigration is entirely for people who wish to live in Saskatchewan, which is the entire point of it (and as spyfy has pointed out, really people who wish to live and work in Saskatchewan). Not people who might do so years down the line. People who intend to do so now. It's the entire point of the programme you're (ab)using.
Until unless I am moving to other province, can I do the post grad by any way??? This 'MOVING' means to attend the degree there, not to settle there. Anyway thank you for your wise ideas.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Until unless I am moving to other province, can I do the post grad by any way??? This 'MOVING' means to attend the degree there, not to settle there. Anyway thank you for your wise ideas.
I don't understand your first sentence.

If you mean 'Can you do the postgraduate course without moving to another province', then you should do your own research into the educational opportunities available in Saskatchewan.

If you mean to assert that there is no way to do the course without living outside Saskatchewan - then you will need to decide what you want.

'Moving' implies a degree of permanence. Even if it did not, you've subsequently said you would later decide where to live when you were done. You are required to have a commitment to Saskatchewan (not a possibility, and also when you arrive, not at some undefined point in the future). You either don't understand this, or are deliberately taking advantage of the programme.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
those are the information I was really looking for. thank you a lot for giving me a proper solution.
the fact is I am moving there with my family and a kid, a wave of information I am getting through friends and online portals that A CANADIAN DEGREE is must needed to be successful in Canada. Those stuffs are really making me confused and driving me to choose other alternatives.
It's a fact too that until unless I am moving there I can't make any assumption, just to be in a safe side I was hunting for this. I hope you can understand the fact that I really don't want to face a worse situation there.
Yes, a Canadian degree helps. But there are many people who get good jobs without Canadian credentials. However, on this in particular you should trust on advice from people who work in the same industry as you and not us...

Regarding your next question:

I'm sorry to tell you this but no matter how you spin this, if you head to University straight after landing, no matter if in SK or in any other province, you have misrepresented yourself. When you went through the SK nominee program you declared your intent to "live and work in Saskatchewan". If you attend a university in SK, you don't work in SK. If you attend a university in any other province, neither do you work (but you study) nor do you live in the province you declared your intent to settle in. There is no separation between moving, settling etc. In fact, and this is the very important thing: The provincial nominee programs are designed to fill worker shortage in a given province. This means someone studying with a provincial nominee PR (on domestic fees subsidized by taxes that this PR or his family never paid) is basically the "biggest fear" of these provinces and the most likely thing they would check people on. Studying is the LAST thing you should do with a PR from a provincial nomination.

I understand that you want to check different options, this is more than normal, if not even wise. However you have to be realistic about your options: If you land using your provincial nominee PR your only choice is to go to SK and try to find a job. The only other option you have is to seek PR through a different program or to get temporary resident status or something else. Then you can land and head to College.

With your current PR option through provincial nomination you MUST go to SK and try to find work first (That means: actually trying and hopefully succeeding). This is the intent you signed off on. If you come to a decision that you do not have that intent anymore you MUST decline the PR offered to you. This is something you have to accept and take into consideration when you make your decision.

You went the route of provincial nomination. I assume you did so because it provided you a "fast track" option (either regarding processing times or through additional points for Express Entry). And the exact reason why you got this fast track is because you declared that you want to work in SK. Do that or don't take the PR. It really is that simple.

I would also suggest that you don't "try not to get caught" (I'm not insinuating that you had this idea, I just want to point it out). This might get back to you in a year, in five years or in ten years if IRCC finds out. They can revoke your PR and even your citizenship if you misrepresented yourself. They can even revoke your kid's PR (or later: citizenship) because of this.

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
^ Counterpoint: I got OINP and I was granted OSAP for full-time studies less than a year since I landed. I'm not the first or last person to do this.

I don't see the big fuss over "misrepresentation". I still fully intend to live and work in my province. I am upgrading my skills after all.

You're right about this. I joined a bridging program, and they pretty much peddled certification exams to us. My classmates who got those Canadian certifications ended up getting jobs. There are still those who didn't and still got jobs. Just that the certifications make you stand out more.

Last edited:

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
^ Counterpoint: I got OINP and I was granted OSAP for full-time studies less than a year since I landed. I'm not the first or last person to do this.

I don't see the big fuss over "misrepresentation". I still fully intend to live and work in my province. I am upgrading my skills after all.
As other posters already have pointed out, this is all about the intent up to when you land as a PR.

There are many different programs of OINP but here is the example for the Master's Graduate stream:
http://ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_app_guide_masters_010517.pdf
In section 1.3 "Who is not eligible to apply" it lists, literally: "Individuals who are intending to pursue further academic studies in Ontario."
This item shows up under the other programs, too. So indeed, you must not have the intend to pursue further academic studies before you land.

If you pick up studies right after landing, you did not have the intent to work in Ontario, you had the intent of studying in Ontario. If I see it right, in your case, you first tried something else and then went to a briding program later. That is something very different from going to college right away. It is all about the intent. The OP of this post is already making plans to study right after landing before he even did land. If he decides to follow through with these plans, he would not have the intent to work and reside in SK anymore.

I am not arguing that from a life choice perspective it is a bad idea to upgrade your skills before getting a job. I'm just saying that provincial nominee programs are not designed for that. These rules might sound silly to you (and I also get that it's kind of difficult to separate between the intent before landing and then a change of plans after landing), but these are the rules.

If you don't see the big fuss over "misrepresentation", then I suggest to you that you read the relevant sections of the IRPA and the Citizenship Act that spell out the very serious consequences that misrepresentation can have. There are many news stories about people who lost their citizenship as adults because of things like when they were 2 years old their parents forgot to report some minor detail on their PR application. It might in many cases be very unlikely that you get caught, but if you do it can be a big problem.

Also "I'm not the first or last person to do this" is a completely pointless argument. With that sentence you could defend anything from stealing a box of chewing gum to burning down a house.

Reactions: spousalsponsee

princesandhu

Mar 18, 2017
Dear All,
I will be landing to SK on July 2017.
To make myself well prepared for Canadian Job market, I would like to do a MBA/Post grad diploma from any renowned college/University in Toronto/BC.

With a invitation letter from any college/university for master/post grad program, can I move to another province by informing my nominated province officials without creating any future problem?
don't listen to any of the crap here.You are free to go to any province if you decide to study or whatever.You are not doing anything wrong.Believe in yourself.I myself did the same thing but in australia we have similar program called state sponsorship i moved state once i landed.I informed my state of sponsorship about my intent, they said they can't stop me if i want to move.how can in intent change just after moving, technically you are PR of canada and free to move anywhere in canada.

Reactions: adnan16666

sumangrewal

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,
we landed montreal and became PR on Sep 2018 under Quebec skilled worker.We got PR card, health card till feb 2019.Can we move to manitoba or toronto in coming months permanently as not getting jobs of relevant field

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi,
we landed montreal and became PR on Sep 2018 under Quebec skilled worker.We got PR card, health card till feb 2019.Can we move to manitoba or toronto in coming months permanently as not getting jobs of relevant field

Yes you can move. Very strange that you were that you were given a health card with such a short expiry date.

Last edited:

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
don't listen to any of the crap here.You are free to go to any province if you decide to study or whatever.You are not doing anything wrong.Believe in yourself.I myself did the same thing but in australia we have similar program called state sponsorship i moved state once i landed.I informed my state of sponsorship about my intent, they said they can't stop me if i want to move.how can in intent change just after moving, technically you are PR of canada and free to move anywhere in canada.
I don't think that's how it work in Canad. Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (irpa) and its regulation will surely have some differences from Australia immigration law. PNP is a specific targeted program. Each province liaise with Citizen Immigration Canada to boost and fill shortage in manpower. I believe on landing at the POE in Canada, BSO will ask for the province of destination. Each province work with CIC and have list and review landed PR for their provinces. As for the Canada education, as a PR, the OP can combine both study and work together. That's what my relative in NB did. A professional qualification may help to fill some gap and bridge the foreign qualification.