Nomination.....
09-09-2016 (SINP EE)
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Dear All,
I will be landing to SK on July 2017.
To make myself well prepared for Canadian Job market, I would like to do a MBA/Post grad diploma from any renowned college/University in Toronto/BC.

With a invitation letter from any college/university for master/post grad program, can I move to another province by informing my nominated province officials without creating any future problem?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes you can study in any province.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Assuming you mean by landing you are landing as a PR ? If so you can move to any province after you have landed to work or study or do whatever you want, no need to inform anybody.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Dear All,
To make myself well prepared for Canadian Job market, I would like to do a MBA/Post grad diploma from any renowned college/University in Toronto/BC.

With a invitation letter from any college/university for master/post grad program, can I move to another province by informing my nominated province officials without creating any future problem?
As a condition of your SK PNP application, you must have a genuine intent to try and live/reside in that province. If you've already accepted some university admission in another province before you've even landed as a PR, that could be seen as a form of fraud in your PNP application since you really have no intent to reside there after landing.

If you enrolled in the university after you had already landed in SK as a PR, that would be a different story.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Dear All,

You have been nominated by Sask to live in Sask. You plan to arrive in July 2017.

Two months before then, you have already decided that instead of living in Sask, you want to live in Ontario, or BC.

As you do not meet the criteria for Sask nomination - that you intend to live and settle in Sask, and make a serious effort to do so - you should not attempt to land, as doing so would be immigration fraud.

If you give up your efforts to move to ON/BC now, and make a serious effort to settle in Sask, and some years down the line decide that more education would help you do that better, then you can study anywhere in Canada. But that is very, very different from what you're suggesting.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You have been nominated by Sask to live in Sask. You plan to arrive in July 2017.

Two months before then, you have already decided that instead of living in Sask, you want to live in Ontario, or BC.

As you do not meet the criteria for Sask nomination - that you intend to live and settle in Sask, and make a serious effort to do so - you should not attempt to land, as doing so would be immigration fraud.

If you give up your efforts to move to ON/BC now, and make a serious effort to settle in Sask, and some years down the line decide that more education would help you do that better, then you can study anywhere in Canada. But that is very, very different from what you're suggesting.
Everything you say is true however if the OP lands in Sask and completes the PR formalities there is nothing illegal about moving to any other province to study or work. The point really that agree with is the OP should not jeopardise the initial PR landing by not showing initial intent to reside in Sask by applying before that initial PR landing to any education institution outside Sask given in doing so their initial PR landing may be rejected if found out. The OP should land then sort out what they want to do, many people will not like that approach but thats the way it is as I understand it and an approach many have taken on here with a nomination.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
There's nothing illegal about studying in another province after gaining PR, no. PRs are PRs of Canada, and may live and work freely through it.

There is potentially something illegal about taking advantage of SK nomination, whilst never planning on living in SK.

Being nominated by SK and then immediately leaving for ON/BC is, at best, douchey, the worst fears of both the SK programme and the federal government, and, if it happens too much, a potential reason for the end of the programme, so people who actually want to move to SK from abroad are unable to do so because people like OP abused it.

Moving to SK intending to make it work, and then discovering you can't really get work, and need to get qualifications elsewhere is one thing, and I have sympathy for anyone who moves to a province and finds it doesn't work out. Deciding before you even get there that you're not going to stay should be roundly condemned by anyone who believes in the integrity of the process. (I'd be perfectly fine with PNP PR being conditional on an study, say, five years in, where people wouldn't have to show that they still lived in the nominating province because life happens, but would have to show that they had legitimately tried to settle and work/study there - which OP is not doing).

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Everything you say is true however if the OP lands in Sask and completes the PR formalities there is nothing illegal about moving to any other province to study or work. The point really that agree with is the OP should not jeopardise the initial PR landing by not showing initial intent to reside in Sask by applying before that initial PR landing to any education institution outside Sask given in doing so their initial PR landing may be rejected if found out. The OP should land then sort out what they want to do, many people will not like that approach but thats the way it is as I understand it and an approach many have taken on here with a nomination.
It is theoretically possible that the lack of initial intent, at the point of landing, even if discovered later, could be construed as "misrepresentation", with all the associated penalties.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
The key to this is intent at time of application, meaning right up until you actually land as a PR.

If a PNP applicant were to officially enroll in a university outside the province they were nominated in, before they landed as a PR, this is very clear proof that they had no intent to actually settle in that province. Hence there would be grounds to accuse them of fraud/misrepresentation and make moves to revoke PR status.

If the PR landed in their nominated province, and then only afterwards confirmed enrollment in the university, there would be no clear proof of misrepresentation since everything happened after becoming PR. The intent can't be proven afterwards.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
More of a question than a comment: One of the things I have noticed going through some of the CANLii files on PR not meeting RO is the courts do make significant reference to taking up residence in Canada (be it SK, On, NWT) when determining RO in several cases where the PR did a short landing and went home for what ever reason and didn't meet RO. It would seem to me, that (and I may be wrong) that if you are sponsored by a province, that until you take up residency there (for however long that may be) and establish those ties, you have not actually in compliance with the PNP program you applied under. Would that have any effect in the future on PR renewal, or worse citizenship? Just thinking out loud.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
More of a question than a comment: One of the things I have noticed going through some of the CANLii files on PR not meeting RO is the courts do make significant reference to taking up residence in Canada (be it SK, On, NWT) when determining RO in several cases where the PR did a short landing and went home for what ever reason and didn't meet RO. It would seem to me, that (and I may be wrong) that if you are sponsored by a province, that until you take up residency there (for however long that may be) and establish those ties, you have not actually in compliance with the PNP program you applied under. Would that have any effect in the future on PR renewal, or worse citizenship? Just thinking out loud.
PR renewals and citizenship apps are a Federal process. They only consider time spent in Canada in general, not in any specific province. As long as one meets the residency days in Canada these processes should not see any issues.

Again the issue with PNP is intent to reside in that province during the app process and up until the point you become a PR. As soon as you become a PR, there is no more "compliance" to meet for PNP program as there is no legal obligation to stay in that province for any specific amount of time. Intent can change and since all PRs have freedom of movement across Canada, one could leave their province a short time after landing with no consequence. Unless there is documented evidence before landing of intent to not reside in that province (like an acceptance of admission to a school outside the province), it's practically impossible to prove intent after the fact.

It's only if the province can prove this misrepresentation in the application process, could they possibly make moves to request revoking of PR status. I have no idea if this has ever actually been done before by any province or what the result was.

adnan16666

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2016
Nomination.....
09-09-2016 (SINP EE)
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Thx a lot to u all for ur valuable replies.
Let me clear my view to u all. I know that without staying in SK, I really cant make any assumption about that province, but I did a lot of research about that state through webs and a big no. of known ppl and friends staying there.
find outs are:
1. Getting a decent job is a bit tough.
2. Have to struggle for around 1-2 years by doing odd jobs.
3. Recruiters of Canada highly prefer local degrees.
4. Ppl with low ambition regarding jobs should stay there.
5. If I could manage a decent job in SK, in a long run I may not get advantages due to lack of Canadian Degree.

After all these find outs, i decided to get admitted in Uni of Regina/SK (as these 2 are the only available option for me) to make myself well prepared for Canadian job market.
after going through Uni curriculum, I found out that Uni of SK has only masters prog in business for 2 years (which is way to long for me) and requirement is really high too (payment also!)

In this situation, I just have to consider other alternatives which are available in ON/BC, they have renowned colleges with 1 year post grad facility with a cost as low as CAD 4k.
Now you better suggest me, what should be my next steps? I yet didn't get admitted any uni there. I am trying to figure out everything from my home country so that I may avoid wasting any tym there.

Last edited:
Reactions: immig95

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Now you better suggest me, what should be my next steps? I yet didn't get admission any uni there. I am trying to figure out everything from my home country so that I may avoid wasting any tym there.
1) Go to Sask, try to make a good life there. If after some time you fail, you can try something else.
2) Go to Sask, attend either the University of Regina or the University of Saskatchewan
3) Don't go to Canada, stay in your home country or find another one to move to
4) Withdraw your application for Sask nomination, and either apply for nomination to a Province you'd rather live in, or apply through a Federal scheme which will allow you to live anywhere.
5) Attend a university in BC or ON on a study permit, and then take a Post Graduate Work Permit that will allow you to work after graduation. During this time, you might come to quality for something under option (4).

It's good that you're doing research, but taking a Sask nomination when you've decided you don't want to live in Sask is immigration fraud (and there's a strong chance that you will be asked what your plans are when you land, especially if it's not in Saskatchewan).

adnan16666

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2016
Nomination.....
09-09-2016 (SINP EE)
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
1) Go to Sask, try to make a good life there. If after some time you fail, you can try something else.
2) Go to Sask, attend either the University of Regina or the University of Saskatchewan
3) Don't go to Canada, stay in your home country or find another one to move to
4) Withdraw your application for Sask nomination, and either apply for nomination to a Province you'd rather live in, or apply through a Federal scheme which will allow you to live anywhere.
5) Attend a university in BC or ON on a study permit, and then take a Post Graduate Work Permit that will allow you to work after graduation. During this time, you might come to quality for something under option (4).

It's good that you're doing research, but taking a Sask nomination when you've decided you don't want to live in Sask is immigration fraud (and there's a strong chance that you will be asked what your plans are when you land, especially if it's not in Saskatchewan).
thx bro.
anywaz let me tell u something once again. I have never said that I do not wanna stay at SK. I am concern about job n all that. I am moving there with my family and kid. So, dont wanna fall in frustration for a long while.
Secondly I already said that My preferences does not go with Uni of Regina and SK though these 2 uni were my first priority.
After getting a degree from BC/ON, If I get a better job offer in SK, definitely I will go back there.
As SK give me the chance to b a part Canada, I am alwaz greatful to it. But on the same time, I have to think about other stuffs too.

Last edited:

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
thx bro.
anywaz let me tell u something once again. I have never said that I do not wanna stay at SK. I am concern about job n all that. I am moving there with my family and kid. So, dont wanna fall in frustration for a long while.
Secondly I already said that My preferences does not go with Uni of Regina and SK though these 2 uni were my first priority.
After getting a degree from BC/ON, If I get a better job offer in SK, definitely I will go back there.
As SK give me the chance to b a part Canada, I am alwaz greatful to it. But on the same time, I have to think about other stuffs too.
So long as you are actually moving there, then all is fine. The problem is from your first statement that you weren't.

That the Universities of SK and R don't offer the ideal course isn't relevant. If that's the case, then you should be looking at a study permit to go to Canada to study at a university you wish to attend, or for provincial nomination to the location of a university you do want to study in.

The purpose of provincial nomination is not 'I might move there in about 18 months if there's a good option at the time'. It's supposed to be 'I intend to move to that specific province, try to make a life there, and only go somewhere else if that doesn't work out after my arrival'.