+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving job after receiving ITA

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I already received ITA & waiting to upload documents within 90 days.
I applied for work experience from 2014 until now as current job. But i applied to get points under work exp for 2 years i.e. 2014-2016.

Now I may leave the job in april,2017. Do i need to notify that to CIC as mentioned current job even though it will not affect my points?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You can do what you want after you submit.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
kryt0n said:
You can do what you want after you submit.
Would there be an issue for the OP to be unemployed during submission?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
xpressentry said:
Would there be an issue for the OP to be unemployed during submission?
I said after submission.

Before submission, as long as they still have over 2 years of experience, they can be unemployed when they submit.

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is an interesting question, I too am considering leaving my present job for a temporary one in Europe in the next few months. At the time of departure, I would have had 3 years (1.5 at current job and 1.5 from 2 previous ones). So it seems like once the application is submitted, one does not have to remain in the job listed under 'current employment' at the time of application.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I see nothing wrong in being unemployed at the time of submission if you have already claimed points for past work experience in the last 10 years. The only issue is you are showing PoF and it should not happen that due to unemployment you end up dipping into those PoF and then have nothing to cover you in Canada until you get a job.

But there are some people who have extra money and can afford to stay unemployed for longer.

Reactions: Jassbatth98

Wanny

Mar 27, 2017
Hi

I also have a very similar query. I have received an ITA and want to quit my job now. Experience is not an issue as I have about 6 years of experience till now. If someone could please advise.

Thanks

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Well, I had the same situation. I got ITA and quit the job 2 weeks after, CRS not affected.

Why I quit before not after? I was worrying that if I quit after and do not inform CIC on the change, when they check my background and perhaps call the company, I am not sure who is gonna answer the phone call (there r really few people who can speak decent english). So, if CIC calls the answer they might get is just that I am not working there anymore, I am sure it will be difficult for them to get from my guys when exactly I quit.
Therefore, there will be confusion about the main NOC work experience duration resulting in doubts of my eligibility.
Maybe I am overthinking, but I preferred to quit before submitting my eAPR and get a reference letter with the dates of entering the company and leaving. in this case everything is crystal clear.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are working outside Canada, quitting your job should not influence process after AOR. All you need to do is to keep your POF (as they can ask for them again later on).
Only if you work in Canada and you were getting those 50 points (LMIA, intercompany transfer, or LMIA extempt closed work permit), then you cannot leave your job until all is done.

Also if you are in Canada, but you do not claim points for jour job, you can leave it. Just be aware, that it might change your current status in Canada and you might even leave before application is approved.

Wanny

Mar 27, 2017
Thank You Lallina and Vensak. I really want to quit as I not gaining anything other than a few bucks. I and husband can take care of PoF. That is not a problem. Only think that is bothering is that since I have given my current company as current employer, will that affect my application after submission of docs, even if I give all valid docs and LoEs. Thanks again! I also look forward to hear from more people on their experiences. :D

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
xpressentry said:
I see nothing wrong in being unemployed at the time of submission if you have already claimed points for past work experience in the last 10 years. The only issue is you are showing PoF and it should not happen that due to unemployment you end up dipping into those PoF and then have nothing to cover you in Canada until you get a job.

But there are some people who have extra money and can afford to stay unemployed for longer.
I too believe that there is no issue with the candidate being unemployed during and before submitting the docs as long as he has supporting documents to back his experience for which he claimed points

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
vensak said:
If you are working outside Canada, quitting your job should not influence process after AOR. All you need to do is to keep your POF (as they can ask for them again later on).
Only if you work in Canada and you were getting those 50 points (LMIA, intercompany transfer, or LMIA extempt closed work permit), then you cannot leave your job until all is done.

Also if you are in Canada, but you do not claim points for jour job, you can leave it. Just be aware, that it might change your current status in Canada and you might even leave before application is approved.
Perfect answer

blues2419

Jul 10, 2015
Well, I have a slightly similar query...but different dilemma.

- I filled up EE on April 19th and mentioned my current employment being ongoing with no end date

- May 19th I received my ITA and I finish my current employment on May 31st

I have not submitted my application for PR. Do I have to make the change on my EE form to inform the future change? Considering I might not submit my PR application before May 31st. Or I should make the change on June 1st.

quick Reply is appreciated

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Well, I have a slightly similar query...but different dilemma.

- I filled up EE on April 19th and mentioned my current employment being ongoing with no end date

- May 19th I received my ITA and I finish my current employment on May 31st

I have not submitted my application for PR. Do I have to make the change on my EE form to inform the future change? Considering I might not submit my PR application before May 31st. Or I should make the change on June 1st.

quick Reply is appreciated

If you are submitting on or before 31st May then do not need to mention it. You can leave with no end date.

I did that.