+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving job after one year. What should I put in the ITA questionnaire

John F

Nov 26, 2020
My Situation:
I have been working for a year and I have just received ITA in CEC in the last draw. In my questionnaire for CRS, I didn't have points from arranged employment because my job is under an open work permit without an LMIA. So even if I am working right now, I chose "No" to the question "Do you have a job offer". I got invited with a total score of 474 which was above the cut-off of 469.

My Dilemma:
In my ITA questionnaire, I don't want to include the job offer for 3 reasons:
1. Less documentation to prep. If I include the job offer, I will have to ask for 2 more documents from my current employer.
2. I want to leave my current company and do my own staff for a year.
3. If I leave my company before the PR application is approved, I am not able to validate the job offer documents in my final interview.

My questions are:
1. Is it going to hurt my chance of getting PR approval if I don't include the job offer?
2. Is this going to make my application rejected if I don't include the job offer?
3. Is there anything significant I am missing or misunderstood?

Thanks in advance!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You don't have a job offer so there's no dilemma. There's no requirement for you to be employed as long as you have your year of skilled work experience and can prove it with a reference letter.

John F

Nov 26, 2020
You don't have a job offer so there's no dilemma. There's no requirement for you to be employed as long as you have your year of skilled work experience and can prove it with a reference letter.
I guess what you mean is that the question " do you have a job offer?" is for people who are currently not working, so it is not applicable in my case?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
The question asks if you have a valid job offer supported by an LMIA or an LMIA exemption, which you don't have, so the answer is No.