+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

leaving current job after PNP nomination

joanexa

May 13, 2019
I've just received my BC PNP nomination today and I'm thinking to leave my current job.
Provincial category: EEBC PNP International Graduate
Federal category: EE CEC
I understand that CEC does not require a job offer, but since I have PNP, I wonder when is the earliest time I can quit my current job? After federal PR ITA? federal PR application submission?
I don't have a new job lining up, just want to stop working for a while and go back to my home country while waiting for the PR. Work permit is not an issue as I can keep extending my spouse open WP.
Appreciate your replies.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I've just received my BC PNP nomination today and I'm thinking to leave my current job.
I understand that CEC does not require a job offer, but since I have PNP, I wonder when is the earliest time I can quit my current job? After federal PR ITA? federal PR application submission?
I don't have a new job lining up, just want to stop working for a while and go back to my home country while waiting for the PR. Work permit is not an issue as I can keep extending my spouse open WP.
Appreciate your replies.
One of the requirements of this application stream is that you've accepted a job offer. So it won't be safe to quit until after you are a PR.

If for some reason you want to quit your job, then you need to line up another job that meets all of the requirements of the PNP program and switch to this job.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Appreciate your replies.
It all depends on your situation:
  • Did you claim points for arranged employment? if so, did you do so using you current job? If so, does reducing the 50 points reduce your score below the minimum for your round?
  • I don't know much about your PN form BC, but is a condition for it to be currently employed and would stop being render it invalid?
If your answers for all the above are NO, specially the 2nd, you are good.

Reactions: joanexa

joanexa

May 13, 2019
It all depends on your situation:
  • Did you claim points for arranged employment? if so, did you do so using you current job? If so, does reducing the 50 points reduce your score below the minimum for your round?
  • I don't know much about your PN form BC, but is a condition for it to be currently employed and would stop being render it invalid?
If your answers for all the above are NO, specially the 2nd, you are good.
Thanks for your response.
1. No, I don't have arranged employment nor did I claimed any points for it.
2. I don't know if there's such a condition for my PN, I'll check with BC PNP.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for your response.
1. No, I don't have arranged employment nor did I claimed any points for it.
2. I don't know if there's such a condition for my PN, I'll check with BC PNP.
as far as I know it's a must–have for BC PNP. the foundation for the nomination is a job offer if you lose that, you lose the foundation for it , and there's won't be any ground for you to build a PR application on .
you can change job after you receive your nomination, but only up or on the same level . if it's a job lower than the one you got your nomination with, they will re evaluate your nomination .

Reactions: joanexa

joanexa

May 13, 2019
as far as I know it's a must–have for BC PNP. the foundation for the nomination is a job offer if you lose that, you lose the foundation for it , and there's won't be any ground for you to build a PR application on .
you can change job after you receive your nomination, but only up or on the same level . if it's a job lower than the one you got your nomination with, they will re evaluate your nomination .
One of the requirements of this application stream is that you've accepted a job offer. So it won't be safe to quit until after you are a PR.

If for some reason you want to quit your job, then you need to line up another job that meets all of the requirements of the PNP program and switch to this job.
I see. Thanks a lot for your answers!

Apr 29, 2020
Hello

I have question, I applied for Ontario pnp after complete my one year experience and now I have 21 month experience but due to covid 19 my company gave me lay-off. I am worried, if get nominations in pnp draw in next week am I eligible to apply pnp? Because currently I am on lay-off and don’t have any job. Please let me know

Apr 29, 2020
Hi
I really need help, I have 2 month remaining in order to complete 2 year experience and I’m on lay-off now but I didn’t change anything in EEP, My point will be update in June 2020 what should I do? Can I add other NoC B experience in profile before get ITA or Is it ok to get ITA in based on old information and update new experience after got ITA?

Oct 6, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Would be great if you can provide a link with the relevant information:

Que:

Can I change my current full-time job with a BC employer to a new job where I am employed remotely full-time by a Toronto based company and I still live in BC and also pay taxes in BC?

All of this while I have submitted by EECEC application(been 5 months) to IRCC with BC PNP EE International Graduate program 600 points using BC PNP Tech pilot program?

So, again can I change employer to be an out of province employer while I still live and pay taxes in BC after I have applied to EECEC using EEBC International Graduate stream?