File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good evening, I have a situation which I didn’t expect, but I need more advices. I spoke with two lawyers, both had different opinion, maybe someone else knows more. I applied for asylum, in May I’ve got “brown paper” since then I didn’t get any response. My mother is suffering from colon cancer with metastasis, stage 4. She had 3 surgeries and she is in terrible condition. I really want to see her and spend time with her, because I believe these are her last weeks. She’s not in a home country. If you have some good options which I can do or who to reach, I don’t want to lose status in Canada.
I'm very sorry for your situation. As others have said, there is no option to travel while keeping your refugee claim active. Your only option is to withdraw your claim.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes i want to keep h&c i am not failed refugee i have dui offence so i got deportation order to get stay until h&c with spousal decision i filed prra but got my mother being sick in between and she has no one there cbsa just waiting for confirmation from ircc and they can send me next flight
You are posting under asylum and refugee section not family sponsorship so that leads to confusion. You are applying for spousal sponsorship with H&C consideration which is very different than H&C. All you can do is speak to CBSA about leaving and then also inform IRCC by webform that you are no longer in Canada.

msingh113

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Hello everyone hope everyone is doing great
Just want to share my experience about how i get my passport in between when prra application is filed and in process while i have to go urgently to back home due to emergency there nobody no lawyers no mP help me out in this situation
1. Went to cbsa to get passport and go back home voluntarily they told me i have to withdraw file of prra which is with ircc so i sent in notice of withdrawAl to ircc.
2. Waited for 2 weeks no response border officer also said he has no control or power on how ircc work or how fast they can process my withdrawal ask Mp to help expedite process but not helpful at all asked my lawyer he said no fixed timeline cannot say anything called ircc agent said he has no power to do so.
3. After trying everything i straight went to ircc office niagara falls met with security guard he was such a nice person told him about my mother he helped me out and said he will go check with officer if he can help later on officer came they call me inside the office after waiting 1 hour officer was also very nice such a sweet hearted and he helped me out and withdraw my prra right away
4. Weny to cbsa same day everything got set up booked flight for tomorrow .

this happen with all grace of god and kind person in niagara office so now i am going back home to see my mom

NOTE: this happened cause of emergency situation i have otherwise i think they take their time sharing this in cass somebody like me has any emergency