+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving canada

msingh113

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Does anyone know how long they take to withdraw prra application which is in process i have an deportation order against
Me and now i want to leave because of emergency but cbsa won’t let me leave until withdrawal of prra

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does anyone know how long they take to withdraw prra application which is in process i have an deportation order against
Me and now i want to leave because of emergency but cbsa won’t let me leave until withdrawal of prra
Have you contacted CBSA to ask? Most use PPRA yo try to extend their stay in Canada so withdrawals Are very uncommon. The factthat it is holiday time willlead to further delays. If possible would try to submit the withdrawal today or tomorrow if at all possible. If you feel like things are not moving, even when giving extra time for the holidays, you can also contact your MP and explain that you have to return home for an emergency (proof of the emergency if possible should be added) and are looking for belp to complete the process as fast as possible and that you are ready to purchase a plane ticket as soon as CBSA has approved the withdrawal. Good luck.

msingh113

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Have you contacted CBSA to ask? Most use PPRA yo try to extend their stay in Canada so withdrawals Are very uncommon. The factthat it is holiday time willlead to further delays. If possible would try to submit the withdrawal today or tomorrow if at all possible. If you feel like things are not moving, even when giving extra time for the holidays, you can also contact your MP and explain that you have to return home for an emergency (proof of the emergency if possible should be added) and are looking for belp to complete the process as fast as possible and that you are ready to purchase a plane ticket as soon as CBSA has approved the withdrawal. Good luck.
Yes @canuck78 i already been to cbsa office in person and told the situation and i signed there to withdraw on 11 th dec i called ircc they said they received it 15 th dec but havent given the receipt yet any idea how long they can take ?
thanks for your kind help I appreciate it

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes @canuck78 i already been to cbsa office in person and told the situation and i signed there to withdraw on 11 th dec i called ircc they said they received it 15 th dec but havent given the receipt yet any idea how long they can take ?
thanks for your kind help I appreciate it
Sorry I don’t it isn’t a common request. CBSA may have a better idea. Given the holidays a lot of offices are on bare bone staffing. You can try and reach out to your MP (who may be on holidays) to see if they can try to speed up the withdrawal process. Would explain the reason why you need to leave as soon as possible with any proof that you may have.

msingh113

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Sorry I don’t it isn’t a common request. CBSA may have a better idea. Given the holidays a lot of offices are on bare bone staffing. You can try and reach out to your MP (who may be on holidays) to see if they can try to speed up the withdrawal process. Would explain the reason why you need to leave as soon as possible with any proof that you may have.
Mp is also not helping me out everyone is saying no timeline for this mp is on vacation too usually i see most people withdraw any status it takes 2 weeks as per am reading on this forum is it right mostly it’s processed quickly???

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Mp is also not helping me out everyone is saying no timeline for this mp is on vacation too usually i see most people withdraw any status it takes 2 weeks as per am reading on this forum is it right mostly it’s processed quickly???
Mid Dec to end of year is holiday period for most Feds employees. My guess whoever working on your file is on vacation. We tend to use banked hours to take time of from mid Dec and go back JA02..You may still do follow up until

msingh113

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
But
Mid Dec to end of year is holiday period for most Feds employees. My guess whoever working on your file is on vacation. We tend to use banked hours to take time of from mid Dec and go back JA02..You may still do follow up until
But do you know how long usually it takes in normal days for withdrawal

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
But

But do you know how long usually it takes in normal days for withdrawal
It can even take a day, but because of the workload you can not predict...It doesnt mean IRB officer should pause on all files he was assigned to in ascending order and jump to your request, that is why they gives 2-4 weeks timeline.

msingh113

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
It can even take a day, but because of the workload you can not predict...It doesnt mean IRB officer should pause on all files he was assigned to in ascending order and jump to your request, that is why they gives 2-4 weeks timeline.
My file is not with irb my file is with ircc i have h&c application and prra applications filed i have already deportation order against me so i filed prra to stay which is still in process but now i have emergency so i have to withdraw prra application to go back home its so frustrating and depressing while i am having bad situation in my family and things are not moving

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My file is not with irb my file is with ircc i have h&c application and prra applications filed i have already deportation order against me so i filed prra to stay which is still in process but now i have emergency so i have to withdraw prra application to go back home its so frustrating and depressing while i am having bad situation in my family and things are not moving
Given that you already were denied asylum you likely can just deal with CBSA regarding PPRA application and getting your passport back. Don’t believe you have to wait for H&C to be withdrawn before you leave.

msingh113

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Given that you already were denied asylum you likely can just deal with CBSA regarding PPRA application and getting your passport back. Don’t believe you have to wait for H&C to be withdrawn before you leave.
Yes i want to keep h&c i am not failed refugee i have dui offence so i got deportation order to get stay until h&c with spousal decision i filed prra but got my mother being sick in between and she has no one there cbsa just waiting for confirmation from ircc and they can send me next flight

SRB30

Mar 13, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22/12/2022
Med's Request
03/01/2023
Med's Done....
07/01/2023
Interview........
17/02/2023
Passport Req..
17/02/2023
LANDED..........
29/09/2022
Good evening, I have a situation which I didn’t expect, but I need more advices. I spoke with two lawyers, both had different opinion, maybe someone else knows more. I applied for asylum, in May I’ve got “brown paper” since then I didn’t get any response. My mother is suffering from colon cancer with metastasis, stage 4. She had 3 surgeries and she is in terrible condition. I really want to see her and spend time with her, because I believe these are her last weeks. She’s not in a home country. If you have some good options which I can do or who to reach, I don’t want to lose status in Canada.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Good evening, I have a situation which I didn’t expect, but I need more advices. I spoke with two lawyers, both had different opinion, maybe someone else knows more. I applied for asylum, in May I’ve got “brown paper” since then I didn’t get any response. My mother is suffering from colon cancer with metastasis, stage 4. She had 3 surgeries and she is in terrible condition. I really want to see her and spend time with her, because I believe these are her last weeks. She’s not in a home country. If you have some good options which I can do or who to reach, I don’t want to lose status in Canada.
Sorry for your situation, unfortunately there is no any other option until after your determination.

Reactions: scylla and SRB30

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
I am very sorry to hear that.
My prayer is with you, may god keep her disease free and give you strength to over come this situation.
As she is in third country, you have no other option other than have a quick hearing and get a spot decision. After become a protected, you can have your RTD and only then you can visit her.
I dont know im right or wrong, but in this scenario, you can consult your lawyer to prepare a brief application regarding your situation and pray for a quick hearing. You basically need a early decision and that should be your purpose of that application.
My theory is, although i knew my chances are almost zero, but i dont fall apart, i Try and try.
Give it a try and make some good point.
Pls

SRB30

Mar 13, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22/12/2022
Med's Request
03/01/2023
Med's Done....
07/01/2023
Interview........
17/02/2023
Passport Req..
17/02/2023
LANDED..........
29/09/2022
I am very sorry to hear that.
My prayer is with you, may god keep her disease free and give you strength to over come this situation.
As she is in third country, you have no other option other than have a quick hearing and get a spot decision. After become a protected, you can have your RTD and only then you can visit her.
I dont know im right or wrong, but in this scenario, you can consult your lawyer to prepare a brief application regarding your situation and pray for a quick hearing. You basically need a early decision and that should be your purpose of that application.
My theory is, although i knew my chances are almost zero, but i dont fall apart, i Try and try.
Give it a try and make some good point.
Pls
Thank you for kind words. I really don’t know how long will take more, I applied in Etobicoke and like I said since May 2022.i didn’t get any information. I know procedure after hearing, but I have no time for waiting. On the end I will have to withdraw the application and request my passport back.