+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada while waiting for approval?

canadiangirl

Jan 25, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I am sponsoring my common law husband who is originally from Ireland. We sent in our application and from checking out the wait times it wont be ready until Feb/March next year. We were hoping to go to the Domincan Republic at the end of January for a friends wedding. Is there any way he would be able to leave the country and come back before his permanent residence is approved? Is there any kind of forms you can obtain so that he can leave and come back??

I have our reciept for payment that was sent in with our application...but I dont want to take any chances (everytime i call CIC it tells me theres too many callers then disconnects me!)

Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
Are you applying inland or outland?

Are you a PR yourself or a Canadian citizen?

potcakes

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its a risk but as he is from a visa exempt country he could be ok. Make sure you have ALL paperwork including reciepts, and a return ticket (which you can change later)and dont stay too long. It is a risk, but its not impossible, unfortunately its one of the downsides of applying inland. Dress nice, stick with him, dont panic and blab, and stay humble. I have applied inland which was a mistake! and have left an come back several times, however it was for a family emergency. What ever you decide GOOD LUCK :)