+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada while PR application is being processed

dhana

Mar 12, 2013
Hi All,

So I am currently employed in Ontario. I submitted my application under CEC on March 22 2013 and received an email from CEC saying that my application is complete and will be forwarded to a visa office for furthur processing on May 2nd 2013. However, I need to go back to Indonesia for 6 months for urgent matter. And I need to quit my job for that which is ok for me. So my questions are:
  • Would it be ok to be unemployed while the application is being processed? And should I let them know? as the email says ""please inform the visa office on ay changes i.e. ... new occupation/employer"
  • When I receive my medical exam request, I'd get someone to send me the letter, and get it done in Indonesia. Is this possible?

Please advice..

I'm thinking to leave from Oct 1st - March 31st to Indonesia

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dhana said:
Hi All,

So I am currently employed in Ontario. I submitted my application under CEC on March 22 2013 and received an email from CEC saying that my application is complete and will be forwarded to a visa office for furthur processing on May 2nd 2013. However, I need to go back to Indonesia for 6 months for urgent matter. And I need to quit my job for that which is ok for me. So my questions are:
  • Would it be ok to be unemployed while the application is being processed? And should I let them know? as the email says ""please inform the visa office on ay changes i.e. ... new occupation/employer"

It not a problem , leaving the country will it effect you application ,, just update with new address

• When I receive my medical exam request, I'd get someone to send me the letter, and get it done in Indonesia. Is this possible?

When you receive the letter for medicals go to doctor, he can take of it ..he can submit the medicals to cic through online

Please advice..

I'm thinking to leave from Oct 1st - March 31st to Indonesia

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Dhana,

Firstly, i hope and pray every thing is ok with you and your family back at home. Now about your return:

1-You CEC application is reviewed based on the information given upto the date on which the application was sent. (you can exclude police certificate and medicals from this..im talking about CEC core eligibility requirements). So if you have satisfied all the requirements (and given all the documents with latest dates - not like 6 month old reference letter) up to 22nd March - then every thing is fine. So its completely ok if you are unemployed after you filed for the application.

Its also ok if you have left Canada. But wherever you go, you will need to inform CIC about your new mailing address - so that they can send you any docs on that address. Though most of communication is done through email, still, you need to update them with your new address.

2- Your medical request, most probably, will come in your email. Of course, CIC has nominated medical clinics throughout the world. you can check the clinics where you can complete your medical exam through the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

select your country, region, city..etc and you will see the list of the docs in your city.

All the best and have a safe journey.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
These are the following doctors in your country

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2004&CountryName=Indonesia,%20Republic%20of

Bali A.A. I. Triari Laksmi BIMC Hospital,
Jl By Pass Ngurah Rai 100X Kuta,
(62-361) 761 263
English

Bali Ni Gusti Ayu Putri Sadyarini BIMC Hospital,
Jl By Pass Ngurah Rai 100X Kuta,
(62-361) 761 263
English

Jakarta Anton Hariandja Medikaloka Health Care Centre,
Graha Irama Building (Mezzanine and 2nd Floor),
JI. H.R. Rasuna Said, Block X-1, Kav 1-2, Kuningan,
(62-21) 526 1118
English / German / Indonesian

Jakarta Indrayati Handojo Medikaloka Health Care Centre,
(62-21) 5261118
English

Jakarta Hendrik Wiraatmaja Medikaloka Health Care Centre,
(62-21) 526 1118
Chinese / English

Jakarta Retno Asti Werdhani Medikaloka Health Care Centre,
(62-21) 526 1118
English

Surabaya Luiz Yasha Lumanau RS Premier Surabaya, Jl. Nginden Intan Barat, Blok B,
(62-31) 599 3211
Dutch / English

dhana

Mar 12, 2013
Thanks so much for the reply honeysingh and InfoSeeker12, appreciate it!

InfoSeeker12, now that you mentioned police certificate - I would need a reference letter from CEC to send to Singaporean embassy. Would this come at the same time as the medical request?

PS. I think I won't update my address - I'll just get my roomate to watch for the mail and send it to my address via the fastest and safest courier.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
dhana said:
InfoSeeker12, now that you mentioned police certificate - I would need a reference letter from CEC to send to Singaporean embassy. Would this come at the same time as the medical request?

Probably not, but no way to predict.

PS. I think I won't update my address - I'll just get my roomate to watch for the mail and send it to my address via the fastest and safest courier.

This is not optional. You must update CIC with your change in residence; if you don't it could be considered misrepresentation.

You can, however, have a different "residential address" and "mailing address." So when you inform CIC of your new address in Indonesia, you can also tell them that your mailing address will be... (give the Canadian address).

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Agreed with Jes on both points.

Both correspondence are independent of each other, Police Clearance Certf (pcc) and Medical Request (MR). I have not heard from any one in the recent past who got both documents together. PCC is usually the last thing, as some of the applicants who mentioned about getting additional PCCs - i guess they received it afterwards. But again - there is no defined rule in this as some may have got it earlier too.

Regarding address. Yep - you have to inform them that your residential (indonesia)address is different than your mailing address (Canada) and provide them both.

All the best.

dhana

Mar 12, 2013
InfoSeeker12 said:
Agreed with Jes on both points.

Both correspondence are independent of each other, Police Clearance Certf (pcc) and Medical Request (MR). I have not heard from any one in the recent past who got both documents together. PCC is usually the last thing, as some of the applicants who mentioned about getting additional PCCs - i guess they received it afterwards. But again - there is no defined rule in this as some may have got it earlier too.

Regarding address. Yep - you have to inform them that your residential (indonesia)address is different than your mailing address (Canada) and provide them both.

All the best.
That's a good idea. Thanks for the advice.
Just out of curiosity, could it be considered a vacation? b.c. you don't have to update your address when your an trip, do you?

july2012

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July 2012
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2012
Med's Request
30 May 2013
Med's Done....
10 June 2013, Medical received status in ECAS on Jun 27
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3 July 2013,Decision Made in ECAS on 5 July
VISA ISSUED...
24 july received my passport
LANDED..........
31 july @ peace bridge
for changing the address, i believe you have change online.But just call the call center and tell about address change. Probably they will send an email to you , with information what they want to update your address.
most probably you need to send that email with all the details to Address-Change @ cic.gc.ca(remove the spaces).