+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

leaving Canada temporarily after landing

sobeit

Aug 22, 2008
Is it possible to leave Canada temporarily a few weeks after arriving or after becoming a permanent resident ?IF Yes, what documents will the immigration officials require upon returning back to Canada....we are asking because,....my contract in my present job might not be finished when our visa for permanent resident arrives,.... so we plan to go to Canada before the visa expires and stay for a few weeks then go back here in Saudi Arabia.... to finish my contract, then go to Canada for good....is that possible please help us

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it is not a problem. When you come to Canada again you need to have your permanent resident card with you.

humzanadeem

Sep 2, 2008
sobeit said:
Is it possible to leave Canada temporarily a few weeks after arriving or after becoming a permanent resident ?IF Yes, what documents will the immigration officials require upon returning back to Canada....we are asking because,....my contract in my present job might not be finished when our visa for permanent resident arrives,.... so we plan to go to Canada before the visa expires and stay for a few weeks then go back here in Saudi Arabia.... to finish my contract, then go to Canada for good....is that possible please help us