+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada for more than 6 months

wael_m_o

Dec 9, 2007
Hi

Is there any rule prevent the PR holder to leave canada for more than 6 months? or only the condition of 2 years over 5 years is apply here?

Please advice.

Regards,
Wail

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
CAN ANYONE INTERPRETT DOES IT MEAN YOU HAVE TO SPEND AT LEAST EVERY OTHER YEAR IN CANADA OR YOU COULD LEAVE CANADA FOR ONE YEAR AND THEN RETURN.
'Permanent Residents are not obliged to remain in Canada, and are in no way restricted from departure at any time. However, as a Canadian Permanent Resident, you must accumulate two years of "residency days" in each five-year period in order to meet your Canadian residency obligations'

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

martha marita said:
CAN ANYONE INTERPRETT DOES IT MEAN YOU HAVE TO SPEND AT LEAST EVERY OTHER YEAR IN CANADA OR YOU COULD LEAVE CANADA FOR ONE YEAR AND THEN RETURN.
'Permanent Residents are not obliged to remain in Canada, and are in no way restricted from departure at any time. However, as a Canadian Permanent Resident, you must accumulate two years of "residency days" in each five-year period in order to meet your Canadian residency obligations'
It means in each 5 year period, you have to live in Canada for 2 years. Example, You "land" 01/01/07 so between that date and 01/01/12 you must live in Canada for 730 days or 2 years. You could stay for 1 year, leave for 2 years, return for 1 year, leave for a year.

PMM

soff88

Dec 18, 2008
Hi

I have been in Canada since a month . I received my PR card two days ago and I want to spend the holidays in England . Is there any period , for which I should not leave the country and what kind of documents should I bring with me to the airport ?

Thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You only need your passport and PR card to travel. No other documents.