+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada for 4 months after application in process

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
Hi folks,
I am leaving Canada for almost 4 months until February 7th next year. I have submitted my citizenship application and it’s been in process from October 3rd. How long does it take for getting test invitation and how can I inform IRCC about my visit.
Thanks

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
It depends on where you are, when you applied and other factors. Did you let them know you're leaving the country? Depending on why, they might either pause the application til you get back or mark it urgent.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Hi folks,
I am leaving Canada for almost 4 months until February 7th next year. I have submitted my citizenship application and it’s been in process from October 3rd. How long does it take for getting test invitation and how can I inform IRCC about my visit.
Thanks
You’re past one year already. Call them and find out why there’s a delay.

They might be schedule you test and oath right away if all is done.
If they say security or prohibition is pending, let them continue working. When they invite you for test, simply send them proof of travel and ask to reschedule.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi folks,
Thanks
If you can afford to fly back with a 2-3 week notice, don’t tell them anything, just come back for test and oath when they email you. My coworker did this while in Japan (and still works there after oath)

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
You’re past one year already. Call them and find out why there’s a delay.

They might be schedule you test and oath right away if all is done.
If they say security or prohibition is pending, let them continue working. When they invite you for test, simply send them proof of travel and ask to reschedule.
No actually my application just started in process this week

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
It depends on where you are, when you applied and other factors. Did you let them know you're leaving the country? Depending on why, they might either pause the application til you get back or mark it urgent.
I didn’t send them email till now as I am not sure at this time because my application just went to in process this week so I am assuming I won’t get test invite for at least couple of months. I am in Toronto and will be back to Canada on February 7th 2019