+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada before work permit expires impact on EE

Jess1990

Jan 13, 2022
I am currently in Canada with a work permit, and I have completed the required number of hours for 2 years of Canadian experience.
I am planning to leave Canada 2 months before my work permit expires, would this negatively impact my Express Entry application?

The number of points I have is enough to receive an invitation in the following months, but I am concerned if during the process having left before a permit expires is seen negatively.

Thank you

D

Deleted member 1083629

I am currently in Canada with a work permit, and I have completed the required number of hours for 2 years of Canadian experience.
I am planning to leave Canada 2 months before my work permit expires, would this negatively impact my Express Entry application?

The number of points I have is enough to receive an invitation in the following months, but I am concerned if during the process having left before a permit expires is seen negatively.

Thank you
No issues. As long as you have enough points, do what you want. Just a piece of advice; get all documentations from Canadian banks, job reference, etc before you leave. It’s just easier to do while in Canada, you know?

Reactions: Jess1990

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
My CEC application was rejected because I overstayed my work visa. Otherwise I met every criteria and had a decent score at that time (pre-pandemic by a few months).

If I had left while my work permit was still valid, my application might not have been refused and I might have been residing there now. But I am still trying a fresh application, but current scores are pretty high.

Postgraworkperm

Jun 9, 2021
My CEC application was rejected because I overstayed my work visa. Otherwise I met every criteria and had a decent score at that time (pre-pandemic by a few months).

If I had left while my work permit was still valid, my application might not have been refused and I might have been residing there now. But I am still trying a fresh application, but current scores are pretty high.
After you were rejected are you still qualify for CEC? or both CEC and FSW?? Only FSW???

I really wish there’s an exemption for those whose application got rejected under CEC but still want to apply AGAIN w/o having to lose CEC status... especially those who don’t have enough funds for FSW..

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
After you were rejected are you still qualify for CEC? or both CEC and FSW?? Only FSW???

I really wish there’s an exemption for those whose application got rejected under CEC but still want to apply AGAIN w/o having to lose CEC status... especially those who don’t have enough funds for FSW..
You are eligible for CEC if your education was done within the last 3 years. If it has been more than 3 years since your education in Canada, CEC does not apply.

Postgraworkperm

Jun 9, 2021
I’m aware. However, the 6months pause was a huge contributing factor. Wish they could do reconsider.. someone really needs to map out a good CEC policy considering various factors that could jeopardize ones CEC status especially when the fault is from IRCC.

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
I’m aware. However, the 6months pause was a huge contributing factor. Wish they could do reconsider.. someone really needs to map out a good CEC policy considering various factors that could jeopardize ones CEC status especially when the fault is from IRCC.
Stay positive buddy! It is difficult for some of us who haven't had the ideal straightfoward journey, but do keep the spirit up always.