+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada Before Receiving the PR Card

Nwallma

Jan 10, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am waiting on my E-COPR

I have a flight overseas on the 26th of May. I have just declared that I am in Canada on the 20th of May, now waiting for IRCC approval on my "declaration of presence in Canada", however, I am a little worried that if the IRCC review of my declaration of presence takes too long and I will be already outside of Canada..

I was wondering if leaving Canada before my declaration of presence in Canada is approved would get flagged and jeopardizes my application?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

My PR approved on 18th of May,
Received the portal credentials on 20th of May.

freddieMercury

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
I might be in the same situation as you in August, curious to see how you proceed with this...
Personally, if it happens to me, I'd change till I get everything confirmed. Honestly, in your case, you will probably have it this week.

cityscape

Apr 7, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I am waiting on my E-COPR

I have a flight overseas on the 26th of May. I have just declared that I am in Canada on the 20th of May, now waiting for IRCC approval on my "declaration of presence in Canada", however, I am a little worried that if the IRCC review of my declaration of presence takes too long and I will be already outside of Canada..

I was wondering if leaving Canada before my declaration of presence in Canada is approved would get flagged and jeopardizes my application?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

My PR approved on 18th of May,
Received the portal credentials on 20th of May.
Hi, what happened? I'm in the same situation