+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada alone after citizenship test alone for 4 months

Soon_Canadian88

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
hi,

Here is my case

This October we will apply for citizenship. We are a family of 3, my wife, myself and a 5 years old kid. We are well settled here. I work in a seasonal industry whereby we have low and high season. I am currently negotiating a consultancy project in Dubai (3-4 months duration) and if the pay is good and my work allows me to go on an unpaid leave I am thinking of going with it. And my family will carry on living in Canada during this period for sure as we have no intention to leave.

I know the citizenship procedure and part of my negotiation with them is that I can leave and work from home (Canada) one week a month. Keeping this option in case we have the oath or any other procedure. The consultancy should start by this coming February.

1. Do you think guys there is a risk that can affect my process? I don't want to risk my citizenship for anything.

2. My PR won't expire until end of next year. So no PR renewal. Can I come back when I want to Canada with my PR as long as we did not do the oath?

3. If for any reason no test invitation was received till then. Does the risk factor increases? Will I be judged during the interview in case I took the consultancy and no test was done before?

Please advise. I need your support

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
hi,

Here is my case

This October we will apply for citizenship. We are a family of 3, my wife, myself and a 5 years old kid. We are well settled here. I work in a seasonal industry whereby we have low and high season. I am currently negotiating a consultancy project in Dubai (3-4 months duration) and if the pay is good and my work allows me to go on an unpaid leave I am thinking of going with it. And my family will carry on living in Canada during this period for sure as we have no intention to leave.

I know the citizenship procedure and part of my negotiation with them is that I can leave and work from home (Canada) one week a month. Keeping this option in case we have the oath or any other procedure. The consultancy should start by this coming February.

1. Do you think guys there is a risk that can affect my process? I don't want to risk my citizenship for anything.

2. My PR won't expire until end of next year. So no PR renewal. Can I come back when I want to Canada with my PR as long as we did not do the oath?

3. If for any reason no test invitation was received till then. Does the risk factor increases? Will I be judged during the interview in case I took the consultancy and no test was done before?

Please advise. I need your support
After Oct 2017 you can leave Canada after applying citizenship. There is no impact however for test interview all applicants should be physically in Canada.

as long you are meeting 2/5 years RO you PR will renew of course.

No. Not at all you can live any where you wish to during citizenship application process.

Good Luck