+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada after submitting application... problem?

Manuelg777

Sep 8, 2019
Hello experts! I want to ask for your advice on my upcoming plans... I'll be applying (to PR) in November, after completing my 1 year experience in a NOC A job here in Canada. Due to my score, it is really likely that I gent an ITA soon, even in the next draw (after creating my profile), in November or early December. I'm planning in taking long vacations in my home country (Mexico, as you may have guessed with the flag) of around 2 months, so, that would mean that I'll spend some time, during my application, outside Canada.

My question here is... would that make a difference? Does that has any effect on your application?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: AngryBurrito

Manuelg777

Sep 8, 2019
Not an issue if you travel. You need to meet the 1,560 hours over at least 52 weeks requirement as of the date of the ITA.
Awesome! Thanks a lot for your answer. I got confused at some point because I was reading something related with "inland" applicants but it seems that's not a thing for CEC, just for sponsor programs.

Thanks for the answer! If I may ask... what's your opinion regarding work done for my Canadian employer, outside Canada? I had to go to Mexico due to my employer sending me to deal with work over there. It was 3 weeks (in July), and after that I had to quarantine here in Canada (2 weeks). Do I have a chance of counting that dime as experience?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hello experts! I want to ask for your advice on my upcoming plans... I'll be applying (to PR) in November, after completing my 1 year experience in a NOC A job here in Canada. Due to my score, it is really likely that I gent an ITA soon, even in the next draw (after creating my profile), in November or early December. I'm planning in taking long vacations in my home country (Mexico, as you may have guessed with the flag) of around 2 months, so, that would mean that I'll spend some time, during my application, outside Canada.

My question here is... would that make a difference? Does that has any effect on your application?

Thanks in advance!
Are you planning to apply with a canadian address? If so, how are you planning to submit your mexican police certificate? How are you planning to do medicals and biometrics?

Reactions: Manuelg777

Manuelg777

Sep 8, 2019
Are you planning to apply with a canadian address? If so, how are you planning to submit your mexican police certificate? How are you planning to do medicals and biometrics?
Yes, my plan is applying with my current Canadian address. I already have my PCC, I got it this July, when I travelled to Mexico, directly from the office in charge of processing them in Mexico City.

I gave the biometrics at the POE when I received my Work Permit (NAFTA, LMIA exempt) last year, July 2019. According to Canada's website, due to Covid, you don't have to give them again if you gave them in the past 10 years:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

What is your opinion on this?

And lastly, regarding medicals... There is an option of taking them upfront, right? As stated in canada.ca :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

And that's my idea... As far as I'm concerned they are valid for one year... So, I'd be applying before that gets void.

What do you think? Any expert is welcome to give his/her opinion here.

Thanks!

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Yes, my plan is applying with my current Canadian address. I already have my PCC, I got it this July, when I travelled to Mexico, directly from the office in charge of processing them in Mexico City.

I gave the biometrics at the POE when I received my Work Permit (NAFTA, LMIA exempt) last year, July 2019. According to Canada's website, due to Covid, you don't have to give them again if you gave them in the past 10 years:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

What is your opinion on this?

And lastly, regarding medicals... There is an option of taking them upfront, right? As stated in canada.ca :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

And that's my idea... As far as I'm concerned they are valid for one year... So, I'd be applying before that gets void.

What do you think? Any expert is welcome to give his/her opinion here.

Thanks!
If you´re living in Canada you´re supposed to get the police certificate from Canada through the consulate after the last time you stayed at Mexico.

For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Manuelg777

Sep 8, 2019
If you´re living in Canada you´re supposed to get the police certificate from Canada through the consulate after the last time you stayed at Mexico.

For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
An officer may ask for a new one later on.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
I did read that! But, It states that :
And I got it the last time I was there, in July, and I spent just 3 weeks in the country, not six months. And I'm curious... why do you say that it has to be through the embassy? Or the opposite, that it can't be done personally in your country?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
I did read that! But, It states that :
And I got it the last time I was there, in July, and I spent just 3 weeks in the country, not six months. And I'm curious... why do you say that it has to be through the embassy? Or the opposite, that it can't be done personally in your country?
During your 3 weeks stay let´s say you got the police certificate on your 1st week. The Canadian government has no way to verify if you had any trouble for the remaining 2 weeks after your certificate was issued because you´re still in Mexico.

It doesn´t matter if your last visit was less than 6 months, as long as you have the obligation to get the police certificate because you lived there for 6 months or more at some point, then you have to get the certificate only after your last visit.

Last edited:

Manuelg777

Sep 8, 2019
During your 3 weeks stay let´s say you got the police certificate on your 1st week. The Canadian government has no way to verify if you had any trouble for the remaining 2 weeks after your certificate was issued because you´re still in Mexico.

It doesn´t matter if your last visit was less than 6 months, as long as you have the obligation to get the police certificate because you lived there for 6 months or more at some point, then you have to get the certificate only after your last visit.
I see. And yes, it makes sense, there is a gap in between, and Canada doesn't really have a way of knowing if something happened during those days.

What is your advice in my situation? Don't leave to Mexico until AOR? That would mean I'd have to spent Christmas here alone, haha, or... should I change my address to Mexico due to me being there when they, most likely, ask me for my documents? My plan is to spend from 2 to 3 months in Mexico, from December until March 2021

Thanks again!

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
I see. And yes, it makes sense, there is a gap in between, and Canada doesn't really have a way of knowing if something happened during those days.

What is your advice in my situation? Don't leave to Mexico until AOR? That would mean I'd have to spent Christmas here alone, haha, or... should I change my address to Mexico due to me being there when they, most likely, ask me for my documents? My plan is to spend from 2 to 3 months in Mexico, from December until March 2021

Thanks again!
Here are the instructions from IRCC to get Mexico´s police certificate, you'll have to decide based on that:

If you live outside of Mexico
You must first submit your application for permanent residence or citizenship. We’ll tell you when you need a police certificate. We’ll submit a request for a police certificate on your behalf after you give us:

1. Two sets of original fingerprints that include the following:
    • rolled and flat impressions of all 10 fingers taken with black ink
    • the full name, date of birth and sex or gender of the applicant
    • the name and address of the police agency where the fingerprints were taken
    • the signature of the officer taking the fingerprints and the applicant’s signature
Notes:

1. Please make sure the name on the fingerprint forms is the same as the one on the passport bio page or photo ID.
  2. Fingerprint forms should not have anything crossed out, or contain any amendments.
To have your fingerprints taken:

• In Canada: Contact a fingerprinting agency or visit your local police station.
    • In any other country: Visit your local police station. In some countries, the Mexican embassy or consulate will be able to assist you.
  1. Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of your front profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered—no exceptions).
  2. Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of your right profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered—no exceptions).
  3. One clear, legible copy of your passport bio page (with your picture and full name).
  4. The following information about your file:
    • your file number
    • the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or case processing centre where your file is being processed
    • your full name and date of birth
Note: You don’t need to send any other documents or provide any payments.

Please send all 5 items to

Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada
C.P. 11520, Mexico D.F.
MEXICO

You won’t receive the original police certificate. The certificate will be sent to us, and the results will be uploaded directly in our system.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

Manuelg777

Sep 8, 2019
Here are the instructions from IRCC to get Mexico´s police certificate, you'll have to decide based on that:

If you live outside of Mexico
You must first submit your application for permanent residence or citizenship. We’ll tell you when you need a police certificate. We’ll submit a request for a police certificate on your behalf after you give us:

1. Two sets of original fingerprints that include the following:
    • rolled and flat impressions of all 10 fingers taken with black ink
    • the full name, date of birth and sex or gender of the applicant
    • the name and address of the police agency where the fingerprints were taken
    • the signature of the officer taking the fingerprints and the applicant’s signature
Notes:

1. Please make sure the name on the fingerprint forms is the same as the one on the passport bio page or photo ID.
  2. Fingerprint forms should not have anything crossed out, or contain any amendments.
To have your fingerprints taken:

• In Canada: Contact a fingerprinting agency or visit your local police station.
    • In any other country: Visit your local police station. In some countries, the Mexican embassy or consulate will be able to assist you.
  1. Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of your front profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered—no exceptions).
  2. Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of your right profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered—no exceptions).
  3. One clear, legible copy of your passport bio page (with your picture and full name).
  4. The following information about your file:
    • your file number
    • the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or case processing centre where your file is being processed
    • your full name and date of birth
Note: You don’t need to send any other documents or provide any payments.

Please send all 5 items to

Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada
C.P. 11520, Mexico D.F.
MEXICO

You won’t receive the original police certificate. The certificate will be sent to us, and the results will be uploaded directly in our system.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html
Yes, believe me, I read that link multiple times, I almost memorized everything that's written there... but I understood those words differently.

Specifically about my question... do you have any opinion?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Yes, believe me, I read that link multiple times, I almost memorized everything that's written there... but I understood those words differently.

Specifically about my question... do you have any opinion?
Nope sorry, I´ve never had to get a mexican police certificate so I don´t know how easy or difficult that could be.