+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leave US while canada pr is in process

bavarian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2009
I applied for Canada PR from US. I have submitted my medicals and PCC. I plan to travel to my home country and need to et h1b visa stamped.Does a rejection of my H1b visa stamping affect my Canada PR which is still in process. Do I have to be in US till I receive my landing papers?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
If you get rejected, how you are planning to come and collect your Canadian PR from the US - they will not send it to your country and they will need a passport for stamping, either you need to send them by mail (from within US) or go in person. They will not ship your passport out of the country.

So with all that said, if your H1 get rejected from your home country, its likely that you will also lose your Canadian PR. Get the PR and then leave.

bavarian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2009
I thought we need to go to canada to get Canada PR stamped after receiving landing papers. Is any one aware of the procedure

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bavarian said:
any views?
It is a two set process, the US office issues the Visa (COPR) and then arrive in Canada and are "landed" as an Immigration, what the poster is stating is that you have to get your passport to the US office for the visa, but they won't mail it outside their processing area. So you would require a US mailing address and someone to forward the passport back to you in your home country. That is if you are not in the US>

PMM

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Yes it is doable-if you want to do this, then get ready for the following;

0. Ensure sending and receiving passports in your country is legal as it is illegal in some countries.
1. Send your passport to a friend or family in the US who can then send it to the Canadian visa post in US for stamping. (ensure they will be able to receive the PPR when it comes)
2. Ask the friend/family to send your passport back to you via courier.

OR

Wait a little bit and get it on your own.

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
If you have extension of H1 and new i94 why do you need to stamp H1 in India?