+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leave or stay in Canada with visitors visa after PGWP expires

Fkama027

Aug 7, 2023
Hello

I am currently on PGWP which will soon expire in June 2024. Even though am in the express entry pool waiting to get an ITA, I want to know what I can do should in case I run out of validity.
I was given 10 years visitor on my passport after I applied to renew.

My question, will I still need to leave the country when my PGWP expires or I can still stay in the country as a visitor, while I wait to be invited to apply for PR.

If I can stay in the country till I get invited, do I need to do anything, like having to go to some authorities like IRCC or flag poling or just stop working and wait for ITA.

Please I need someone to help me out on this with some information.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

I am currently on PGWP which will soon expire in June 2024. Even though am in the express entry pool waiting to get an ITA, I want to know what I can do should in case I run out of validity.
I was given 10 years visitor on my passport after I applied to renew.

My question, will I still need to leave the country when my PGWP expires or I can still stay in the country as a visitor, while I wait to be invited to apply for PR.

If I can stay in the country till I get invited, do I need to do anything, like having to go to some authorities like IRCC or flag poling or just stop working and wait for ITA.

Please I need someone to help me out on this with some information.
You need to maintain status when PGWP expires and you stop working, so apply for a visitor record. This allows you to stay in Canada up to 6 months.