+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

leave country of filing application

soccerfan

Mar 1, 2006
Hello all. I filed my PR application in the Buffalo office in Nov. 2005 and got my AOR on Nov. 25 2005. Now here's the problem: I may need to leave the US and go back to my home country (India) in a few months. This would be a permanent move i.e. I would not return to the US. Would I still need to return to the US for an interview (if needed) or would the interview location be changed? Further, would the entire file be transferred to New Delhi or would it continue in Buffalo?
I am quite worried about all of this, so your expert advice is most appreciated.

kind regards,

Ben

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

soccerfan said:
Hello all. I filed my PR application in the Buffalo office in Nov. 2005 and got my AOR on Nov. 25 2005. Now here's the problem: I may need to leave the US and go back to my home country (India) in a few months. This would be a permanent move i.e. I would not return to the US. Would I still need to return to the US for an interview (if needed) or would the interview location be changed? Further, would the entire file be transferred to New Delhi or would it continue in Buffalo?
I am quite worried about all of this, so your expert advice is most appreciated.

kind regards,

Ben
If there was an interview, it would be in the US.
Buffalo does not transfer files unless it is for the "integrety of the program", also you may have difficulties as Buffalo will not mail passports out of the US or Canada and it is against the law to mail/courier a passport out of India.

PMM

soccerfan

Mar 1, 2006
Thank you very much for the reply -- it clears a lot of things up. I guess I would need a tourist visa for a few months in the US then when I am ready to finalize things. I hope they don't give me a problem with that -- after all I'm not planning to stay in the US but move to Canada eventually. The US consulate always denies visas to people on the pretext they are going to settle in the US -- well, this should be a good enough reason I think since my intent is clear.

JC

Star Member
Aug 25, 2005
Just note that attending an interview in the US for Canadian immigration purposes is not good enough reason for the US embassy in Delhi to grant you a visitors visa, and some persons have missed their interviews in the US for this reason.

yagana

Jan 2, 2006
soccerfan said:
Thank you very much for the reply -- it clears a lot of things up. I guess I would need a tourist visa for a few months in the US then when I am ready to finalize things. I hope they don't give me a problem with that -- after all I'm not planning to stay in the US but move to Canada eventually. The US consulate always denies visas to people on the pretext they are going to settle in the US -- well, this should be a good enough reason I think since my intent is clear.
We did the same mistake we filed our case from buffallo and after an interview call only i was able to go as i had visa already but my husband who was the principal applicant was refused US visa after a lot of wait and patience and a medical my interview alone was not conducted but they transferred my case to my home country and now we have started from ground zero and once again we r in que but this time our interview is waived . We have gone through this , i suggest you transfer your case to your homeland or if something is near you can wait for that while in USA .

soccerfan

Mar 1, 2006
Thanks for the tip. I'm very sorry to hear about your case.
But are transfers even possible nowadays -- I thought the Buffalo office doesn't grant transfers anymore other than to maintain the "integrity of the process". How can one get a transfer then? It seems the integrity of the process would be compromised if one cannot get a US visa -- this has nothing to do with Canadian immigration, so it's rather unfair.

aysomtin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2005
I have fallen victim of this transfer from Bufallo under this gruesome "integrity of the program" thus my file was transfered to Ghana

Applicatn submitted and AOR gotten since Apr 2002 was transfered to NY first then to Ghana in Feb 2005, thus am just staring from ground zero as I now have new applicatn receipt date of March 2005, new file number and they want me to refill new forms, proof of funds etc etc that I have done since 2003 with Buffalo

I even have multiple visa to US though a West African!

It;s a waiting game!! an could be frustrating!!

soccerfan

Mar 1, 2006
What reason did they give to transfer your file to Ghana at such a late stage in the process? I thought Buffalo would not do transfers anymore. Anyone know what the criteria for transfers of the application to different offices are?

yagana

Jan 2, 2006
soccerfan said:
Well you can call the buffalo office to find out if they do it anymore . but what i did is that first i requested them to transfer my case to NY and later i wrote an application about transferring it to my home country as the principal applicant couldnt get the visa to US. The process is free just an application does the work

aysomtin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2005
soccerfan, reason given was the vague - to improve integrity of the program? first transfered to NY, then to Ghana , I now have ner file number and new AOR date of MARCH 2005 instead of APRIL 2002 and now to make matters worst they are requesting for new set of forms, proof of funds, etc and even english proficiency that did nt apply duirng the time I applied!!

I TIRE O!