+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Learning French was one of the greatest things I did to boost my CRS Score from 449 to 520.

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

Just some Sunday morning motivation to say if you're learning or considering learning French to boost your CRS, please keep at it! It's worth it.

In 2019 I had a measly 449 score as my CRS and was in search of how to quickly boost my score.
For reference (I'm FSW-O, under 30 + 1 year work exp + 2 or more degrees + IELTS CLB 9)

I thought about learning French for over six months but I was so scared that I ended up wasting six months thinking about it instead of doing it. Then I saw someone's post on this forum about how she managed to juggle family (little kids), a full time job and still pass TEF in around 10 months.
I thought, ''That was it!'' This is my sign to start learning and so I did.

Honestly, I was very scared and frustrated in the beginning days of learning French because I felt sooo dumb lol. Like, how am I reading/listening to all this but still not understanding. I felt like my ears or brain was shut off. But I kept at it.
Slowly slowly I started understanding spoken and written words. I remember listening to RFI Journal en Français Facile everyday. (Highly recommend, it's easy to follow for beginners).

Several hours of online tutor sessions, self study, speaking with Francophones on Tandem and Speaky (mobile apps) among other forms of study. Around 6 months later I sat for TEF and scored C1, C1, C1, B2. Best thing was I got my results on my birthday! It was so surreal that I kept looking at my results over and over again to be sure.

If you're reading this post, this is your cue to continue learning French.

Thanks for stopping by :)

abibur rahman

Feb 7, 2021
Hi all,

Just some Sunday morning motivation to say if you're learning or considering learning French to boost your CRS, please keep at it! It's worth it.

In 2019 I had a measly 449 score as my CRS and was in search of how to quickly boost my score.
For reference (I'm FSW-O, under 30 + 1 year work exp + 2 or more degrees + IELTS CLB 9)

I thought about learning French for over six months but I was so scared that I ended up wasting six months thinking about it instead of doing it. Then I saw someone's post on this forum about how she managed to juggle family (little kids), a full time job and still pass TEF in around 10 months.

Honestly, I was very scared and frustrated in the beginning days of learning French because I felt sooo dumb lol. Like, how am I reading/listening to all this but still not understanding. I felt like my ears or brain was shut off. But I kept at it.
Slowly slowly I started understanding spoken and written words. I remember listening to RFI Journal en Français Facile everyday. (Highly recommend, it's easy to follow for beginners).

Several hours of online tutor sessions, self study, speaking with Francophones on Tandem and Speaky (mobile apps) among other forms of study. Around 6 months later I sat for TEF and scored C1, C1, C1, B2. Best thing was I got my results on my birthday! It was so surreal that I kept looking at my results over and over again to be sure.

Hi thank you for your experience , i just started french pls advise have you received PR ???

Jun 30, 2022
Hi all,

Okay. Thank you. Can you give me any links that might help?