+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LCP Wife is Now Landed Status, how long before I get PPR?

friedbrains

Apr 6, 2012
My VO is Abu Dhabi, my eCAS status is now Medical Report Received.

Last 16-May, my wife finally had her landed procedure and her PR card is on its way.

Anybody knows how long before i get the PPR and once I got the PPR, how long before I get back my passport with the visa?

Thanks in advance for any help...

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
friedbrains said:
My VO is Abu Dhabi, my eCAS status is now Medical Report Received.

Last 16-May, my wife finally had her landed procedure and her PR card is on its way.

Anybody knows how long before i get the PPR and once I got the PPR, how long before I get back my passport with the visa?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Usually, VOs request passports for all persons on the application simultaneously. How did you apply? Were you listed as her dependent? And as accompanying or not accompanying?

friedbrains

Apr 6, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
Usually, VOs request passports for all persons on the application simultaneously. How did you apply? Were you listed as her dependent? And as accompanying or not accompanying?
we do not have children, hence i am the only applicant and listed as a spouse of course...

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
friedbrains said:
we do not have children, hence i am the only applicant and listed as a spouse of course...
OK. Usually they issue visas for all applicants at the same time, so I'm trying to understand why didn't you submit your passport when your wife submitted hers since you say she just landed. Did you get married after she landed? Is she applying for you as a spouse under family class (and you weren't on her FSW application)?

We need to understand the context to be able to try to help you...

friedbrains

Apr 6, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
OK. Usually they issue visas for all applicants at the same time, so I'm trying to understand why didn't you submit your passport when your wife submitted hers since you say she just landed. Did you get married after she landed? Is she applying for you as a spouse under family class (and you weren't on her FSW application)?

We need to understand the context to be able to try to help you...
sorry, i thought "landed status" would be clear...

she has been in open visa status from LCP, the "landed" procedure is when she receives her COPR last 16-May-2012, hence her PR card will be in the mail soon.

as for my status: Application as a spouse was Received 20-Dec-2011, start process 01-Mar-2012 and ecas says: still in process with Med Results Recvd.

i hope this is clear, i am not very conversant of all the technical words here, thanks for all the help.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
friedbrains said:
sorry, i thought "landed status" would be clear...

she has been in open visa status from LCP, the "landed" procedure is when she receives her COPR last 16-May-2012, hence her PR card will be in the mail soon.

as for my status: Application as a spouse was Received 20-Dec-2011, start process 01-Mar-2012 and ecas says: still in process with Med Results Recvd.

i hope this is clear, i am not very conversant of all the technical words here, thanks for all the help.
Normally, for Foreign Skilled Workers (focus of this thread), when applicants apply both of their passports are requested together by their visa office overseas.

Assuming that by LCP you are referring to the live-in caregiver program, I suspect what's happening is that your wife landed within Canada at a CIC inland office. You were included in her PR application as a live-in caregiver as a spouse (not a separate family class application). I am also assuming that you are not in Canada and therefore your visa (if required) and COPR will be processed by Abu Dhabi.

If that's true, then you should be hearing very soon since your wife wouldn't have received her COPR if you hadn't completed your medical, background, and security clearance, etc and been found eligible as a dependent.

You may want to have your wife call CIC (1-888-242‑2100 Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays) and/or order your CAIPS/GCMS notes to see if your passport was requested and you just missed the request (or it was lost in the mail).

friedbrains

Apr 6, 2012
@ OhCanadiana, you have just summarized it all! Thanks...

I intend to wait it out a bit, coz from what the CIC Vancouver guy told my wife, it will take 6 to 8 weeks for the letter to arrive from Abu Dhabi VO, so crossing fingers... thanks again!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
friedbrains said:
@ OhCanadiana, you have just summarized it all! Thanks...

I intend to wait it out a bit, coz from what the CIC Vancouver guy told my wife, it will take 6 to 8 weeks for the letter to arrive from Abu Dhabi VO, so crossing fingers... thanks again!
You're welcome. I really hope it works out soon for you :)

hgg

Aug 31, 2010
HELLO ,

GOOD Morning!

I check my file and it said Medical received at Abu Dhabi office last week.I would like to know what is the next step on this?Does it mean BC AND Security Check are done?Hope to hear from you.

hgg

Aug 31, 2010
Hello We are almost on the same situation.my application in Abu Dhabi state that medical has been received and Abu Dhabi emailed me and said that they are waiting for my wife landed status /pr.

In your situation when did you get your visa?hope to hear from you

friedbrains

Apr 6, 2012
hgg said:
Hello We are almost on the same situation.my application in Abu Dhabi state that medical has been received and Abu Dhabi emailed me and said that they are waiting for my wife landed status /pr.

In your situation when did you get your visa?hope to hear from you
hi hgg,

my wife had her landed procedure last 16-may and they told her it will take 6 to 8 weeks before i will get my PPR, up to now I have not received my PPR, so as you can see i am eagerly counting the days and wishing i will get an e-mail or letter soon...

friedbrains

Apr 6, 2012
finally, on 1st of September 2012, I got my PPR and the passport is on its way to Abu Dhabi and I hope to receive it soon... I am in Vancouver now, anyone who are on Tourist Visa ever did their landing procedure with Immigration Canada in downtown Vancouver? any tips please...