+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lay off and EI application

obko

Jun 6, 2015
My PR application is on the process, however, due to Covid-19 currently temporarily laid off from work. Will claiming EI benefits affect my application, will my PR denied because of this?

Reactions: Mgoods88

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
My PR application is on the process, however, due to Covid-19 currently temporarily laid off from work. Will claiming EI benefits affect my application, will my PR denied because of this?
No way it will get affected.It has nothing to do with PR application. If you have worked enough hours, and did not take the off by yourself, you are good. No need to worry ☺

Mgoods88

Mar 30, 2020
I am in the same situation, however, I am currently on a closed work permit while my PR application is processed. I am with the understanding that my visa status is dependant on my employment status because it is a closed work permit. I have paid over 2000+ hours of EI and I've been temporarily laid off. Does anyone know if I am still eligible for EI on a closed work permit?

Mgoods88

Mar 30, 2020
Hi!

I am in the same situation as you. Are you on a closed work permit while your PR is processed?

Thanks,