+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lawyer vs yourself

Alaska_canada

Sep 22, 2013
Hi,

Just want to ask how many here passed their application on their own? Because I have a lawyer they told me that they will email the updated form for me a day r two last monday but till now they didnt send it even I emailed them yesterday. But i already done with the forms that they will send through online, I am just trying them if they will help me re-apply faster than I can do...because if I will wait for them for sure I need to call them everyday just to finish everything after I paid them last year.I am wondering if I can cancel them being my representative. They are giving me hard time.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
If you follow the CIC guidelines mentioned in the instruction guide and gather
all documents mentioned in the document checklist then there shouldn't be any issues.
You don't need a lawyer and a lot of folks on here filed on their own.
It's a question about 'can you' and 'do you want to afford a lawyer'. It might be
a good idea if you have a difficult family situation or something odd.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
There is no need for lawyers.
Unless you have any issue (like you have a criminal record etc), you should not even hire a lawyer.

The lawyers will just see if you have signed all the forms + all documents + paid fees or not.
Then they will just keep wasting more time. because every time CIC will email them, they will 'forget' to notify you.
Maybe your lawyer got AOR on the 5th, but they 'forgot' to tell you. And you are waiting patiently.

When you filled out the form, you saw there is nothing critical in the forms that needs outside help.

Alaska_canada

Sep 22, 2013
iam_toby said:
If you follow the CIC guidelines mentioned in the instruction guide and gather
all documents mentioned in the document checklist then there shouldn't be any issues.
You don't need a lawyer and a lot of folks on here filed on their own.
It's a question about 'can you' and 'do you want to afford a lawyer'. It might be
a good idea if you have a difficult family situation or something odd.
Thank you buddy...all the best!

Alaska_canada

Sep 22, 2013
iam_toby said:
Ya no worries. Check back in if your have further questions.
Someone's gonna be able to help you out for sure!
Im very thankful guys because i know here is free to ask! :p no needto spend too much!

xixi-wawa

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct-2012
AOR Received.
Dec- 2012
Med's Request
June-16-2013
Med's Done....
July-22-2013
Passport Req..
Aug-28-2013 , Ecase changed to DM Aug-30-2013,Recd CPPO Sep-04-2013
i hired lawyer and paid $$7,000.
they made a lots of mistake and i had to check everything .
which is not good experience.even i got my COPR.

you r the only ppl who knows better about your own situation and cares the most of your case, only thing you need just be careful and follow the steps!
if you still not sure, u could find someone just review all you DOC, its always better has second eyes ;)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
xixi-wawa said:

you r the only ppl who knows better about your own situation and cares the most of your case, only thing you need just be careful and follow the steps!
if you still not sure, u could find someone just review all you DOC, its always better has second eyes ;)
Pay me $2000 and i review your documents. LOL. That's just a ripoff.... $7000 and still effing it up.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
iam_toby said:
Pay me $2000 and i review your documents. LOL. That's just a ripoff.... $7000 and still effing it up.
WOW!! I completely agree with this....7 grand for that? Thats just nuts. When I was getting quotes, they told me around 4 or 5 thousand max. And like it was said before - they still make mistakes and are late with submissions. Completely not worth it!!! Plenty of great people on the forum willing to help, to throw away money like this.

Alaska_canada

Sep 22, 2013
xixi-wawa said:

Ya your right! In my first application...they give me hard time...thats y i ask here if i still need to ask for my lawyer but he told me he is willing to help me...the only thing is if i will ask them there is possibility that i will wait for them again and again...because i paid them. Anyway, thank you guys for all your support!

Alaska_canada

Sep 22, 2013
iam_toby said:
Hi toby...can I ask how i can get GCMS? What link? Because i open a link then when i click the aggrement i dont know what's next...thank you...

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Alaska_canada said:
Hi toby...can I ask how i can get GCMS? What link? Because i open a link then when i click the aggrement i dont know what's next...thank you...
That should help:

>> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gcms-notes-t155484.0.html;msg2402019#msg2402019

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
what is all of your views regarding below case? have to use lawyer or not?

one of my friend came here in canada on study permit with co op work permit.
when he landed he apply sin number from service canada
he finished one semester than went back home country after 2month he came back and change college
he is working full time with study on sin number with co op workpermit from when he landed till he get his off campus worpermit after getting offcampus he work parttime on sin number than he get pgwp for one year and he is working fulltime after graduation.

any view for this case can he hire lawyer? or anything els?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
samir3132 said:
what is all of your views regarding below case? have to use lawyer or not?

one of my friend came here in canada on study permit with co op work permit.
when he landed he apply sin number from service canada
he finished one semester than went back home country after 2month he came back and change college
he is working full time with study on sin number with co op workpermit from when he landed till he get his off campus worpermit after getting offcampus he work parttime on sin number than he get pgwp for one year and he is working fulltime after graduation.

any view for this case can he hire lawyer? or anything els?
He should count from his PGWP. Since he got 1 year PGWP, it is going to be really close.

For Co-op, CEC help centre says "Co-op terms and apprenticeships completed before graduating do not count as skilled work experience. They are considered part of an educational program."

I am not sure if they accept Co-op work AFTER graduation.