Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2010
AOR Received.
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
Hello people. Please post your experience and storeis with Latin American visa offices. I would love to know what my fellow latinos are going through to make it to Canada. Tell us your stories and post your questions in english or spanish. I know alot of us would like to have some answers. :) If you are sponsering somone in latin america, please post aswell.

Me gustaria que mi gente de latinoamerica nos cuente sus experiencias con las embajadas de canada en latinoamerica. Porfavor cuenten sus historias y hagan preguntas en ingles o espanol. Yo se que muchas personas quieren respuestas. :)

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
I don't want you to be alone in this thread, so I will post here as well :) I am sponsoring my husband through the Sao Paulo office. So far, everything has gone smoothly...they are very professional and courteous there. We are lucky so far! (But still waiting....)

Lori

chloe0722

Aug 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
15-10-2010
AOR Received.
25-01-2011
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
:D

I sponsor my husband from Caracas Office... so far.. after the 1st step since Oct , we havent heard anything from them.
but seems positive... even though, i have no news. but no news could be a good news.... ;D

Chot89

Jan 11, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2010
AOR Received.
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
AWW thanks for posting :). that just made my day. Well Im glad everything is going well for you guys. I really hope your right about no news being good news because I have no news so far either. :p

jillandmat

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Costa Azul
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2010
AOR Received.
08/07/2010
File Transfer...
22/06/2010
Med's Done....
05/07/2010
i sponsored my husband from Uruguay and was process in the Buenos Aires office...
it was quick and smooth.. from May we sent it in.. June were sponsor accepted - October we got PPR.. landed in Dec.

no hassles no problems :)

m3the01

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2010
Nomination.....
22-08-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-08-2010
Med's Done....
10-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2011
LANDED..........
04-05-2011
Im sponsoring my wife from colombia, bogota office.

Things are on schedule, we paid the police clearance fees and sent in a notarized copy of her birth certificate.

Next request should be passport or interview, we are praying for passport...we have so many plans and we really want to start our lives together. We have been together for almost two years and luckily because of my job i can work almost anywhere. So we were able to live together in Medellin for four months, then i had to leave for a bit, and then another 5 months in Boston. But we are apart again as i need to review some research and conduct some experiments and need to be home to carry out these tasks,

So there is our story,

Suerte todos,

ciao

Chot89

Jan 11, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2010
AOR Received.
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
Its nice that you get to at least see her now and then. It keeps the relationship in check :). I hate that this process takes so long because there are some people that cant see eachother alot and it ends up damaging the relationship. I havent seen my husband in about a year now. I really hope you can be reunited soon here in Canada. Good luck :)

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
I can relate..I haven't seen my husband since April. He was not able to get a visiting visa, and with all costs associated with immigration, we can't afford for me to go there either :(

L

limanoid

The Latin American experience: slooooow!

Haha.. The embassy personnel in Peru are nice enough. Though I wish they worked faster. 12 months is a long time! It's nice that I was able to visit my husband but I hate it that he is denied a visa to visit me and our bebito! Anyway, I hope they make an error and process our application really QUICKLY!

Bleh... Waiting isn't fun!

parceromiguel

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
Unites States
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2011
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
28-Jan-2011
Passport Req..
December-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
22-Feb-2014
My wife is sponsoring me from Canada.
We are both Colombian but i live in USA and she lives in Canada.

We have not filed the application yet, but we are working on it.
This Friday coming up i have a doctors appointment in Atlanta (Medical exams).

My visa office will be in Buffalo, NY.

We recently got married. The exact date is January/2/2011.
We have been together since June/22/2006.

We are still young, I'm 20 and she's 19. I am kind of afraid they may think that our relationship is not genuine because of our age. We have phone records, hand-written letter, pictures from when she visited me here, pictures from when her family and her visited me here, pictures from our wedding, all sorts of things. hopefully all these evidence may prove our relationship.

If there is anyone in the same situation, we would love to hear from you.

Chot89

Jan 11, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2010
AOR Received.
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
Hello. Dont worry about the age too much. When I got married I just turned 19. I lived with him for 3 years. Now I am 21 and still waiting for his papers to pull through, but I did get approved as a sponser and he meats all the recomendations for his PR, we just have to wait untill he get it. So dont worry. As long as you have all the right evidence youll be fine. besides, Alot of people in America get married young so they are a little more understanding. It might not even take as long for your papers to pull through since your in the states. what visa office are you dealing with? Are you a PR in the states?

Chot89

Jan 11, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2010
AOR Received.
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
parceromiguel said:
My wife is sponsoring me from Canada.
We are both Colombian but i live in USA and she lives in Canada.

We have not filed the application yet, but we are working on it.
This Friday coming up i have a doctors appointment in Atlanta (Medical exams).

My visa office will be in Buffalo, NY.

We recently got married. The exact date is January/2/2011.
We have been together since June/22/2006.

We are still young, I'm 20 and she's 19. I am kind of afraid they may think that our relationship is not genuine because of our age. We have phone records, hand-written letter, pictures from when she visited me here, pictures from when her family and her visited me here, pictures from our wedding, all sorts of things. hopefully all these evidence may prove our relationship.

If there is anyone in the same situation, we would love to hear from you.
Hello. Dont worry about the age too much. When I got married I just turned 19. I lived with him for 3 years. Now I am 21 and still waiting for his papers to pull through, but I did get approved as a sponser and he meats all the recomendations for his PR, we just have to wait untill he get it. So dont worry. As long as you have all the right evidence youll be fine. besides, Alot of people in America get married young so they are a little more understanding. It might not even take as long for your papers to pull through since your in the states. what visa office are you dealing with? Are you a PR in the states?

Chot89

Jan 11, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2010
AOR Received.
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
limanoid said:
The Latin American experience: slooooow!

Haha.. The embassy personnel in Peru are nice enough. Though I wish they worked faster. 12 months is a long time! It's nice that I was able to visit my husband but I hate it that he is denied a visa to visit me and our bebito! Anyway, I hope they make an error and process our application really QUICKLY!

Bleh... Waiting isn't fun!
Did you apply for his visitors visa before you applied for his PR or during? I ask because I wanted to try applying for my husbands visitors to see if it works.

L

limanoid

He applied for the visitor's visa after the embassy received the application for PR. That's what the embassy personnel recommended. However, I remember board members have recommended before to do so BEFORE applying. However, in all honesty, I think he would have been denied either way. Young, Latin and male... not the best candidate for a visitor.

A lot of the reasons were nothing he could change -- he doesn't own property nor does he have a "travel record". They even questioned the reason for the visit -- which was to visit his newborn son... You can try it out, it's only a $75 process. But don't put your hopes on it too much! It might be better to put that $75 towards a plane ticket to visit him in Latin America.... :(

Of course, it depends on the visa officer. But a lack of property is a biggie -- which can explain to me why all the people I saw on the plane returning to Peru via Toronto on my way there were mostly older people (40+) who probably own a home in Peru.

Chot89 said:
Did you apply for his visitors visa before you applied for his PR or during? I ask because I wanted to try applying for my husbands visitors to see if it works.

Chot89

Jan 11, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2010
AOR Received.
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
14-10-2010
Thats good to know. I was about to get him to apply. You have a point. He applied for a visitors visa before we sent his pr and before we were married. He was denied because they say he doesnt have enough travel experience yet they wont give him a visa to be able to travel. Second reason was because he supposedly didnt have enough money but he had more than 2000 spending, and we sent a letter saying all of his ezpences would be covered, and he was only staying for 2 weeks. Then 3rd was that they didnt know what the reason for his visit was yet we sent letters stating he was going to be the best man at my brothers wedding. Even the bishop made a letter. Seems to me that there is no point on sending proof to the visa office because they wont look at it anyway.