+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Latest Travel Restrictions 10/July/2020 : To finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
Hello All,

Did anyone booked flights from HYD/IND to Toronto via London with Birtish Airways ?

dsr236

Jul 24, 2020
Has anyone heard any examples of people running into any problems vis a vis the question of settling permanently vs not? I have been checking these forums, I have yet to see a single example of anyone being questioned about this. Am I missing something, and are there examples to the contrary?

Batina

Jul 30, 2020
Has anyone heard any examples of people running into any problems vis a vis the question of settling permanently vs not? I have been checking these forums, I have yet to see a single example of anyone being questioned about this. Am I missing something, and are there examples to the contrary?
I haven't come across any. But some people have bought up a point about whether this can backfire when you make the next trip to Canada and are questioned about why you left for such a long period. No way to know though.

FJK1982

Apr 14, 2020
Not heard any, people are just assuming, overthinking and making their own stories and creating panic, that's all.

homaiooni

Aug 6, 2019
Dear all,

I have been a quiet reader for a long time (almost 3 years) but today i feel like a have a moral obligation to share my story with you all.

• My journey starts on 12th December 2018 with AOR.
  • Remedics somewhere around October 2019
  • PPR on 12th December 2019
  • COPR + Visa stamp received on January 2020
  • VISA valid til October 2020.

I decided to take my chance in August since PPR holders are exempt from travel ban and since i went through PNP program to get my PPR, it was mandatory to travel to the destination province (Ontario)

So flight situation was like this:
Casablanca - Montreal "Layover around 8 hours" Montreal - Toronto

All formalities were done at Montreal PoE.

At the electronic counter: ( Took me 10min)
  • You have to scan your passport
  • To take a picture of yourself
  • To answer some questions about goods you are bringing, criminal record and goods to follow. (Yes or No questions)
  • At the end it generates a small form with your details *
  • You will need also to fill a form manually ( name, passport ,quarantine address and telephone number).

At Police counter: (Took me 5 min) officer was very friendly
  • You give your passport
  • The small printed form
  • The manual filled form
  • The police officer reminds you about the quarantine period and redirect you to the immigration counter

At the immigration counter: (Queue took 20 min and the formalities 10 min) officer was very friendly
You get a ticket number and wait for your turn
when its your turn the officer asks you the following:
  • Passport
  • COPR
  • Address for PR delivery
  • He then asks you to wait for 5min and then call you to welcome you as PR and tell that it requires 2 months to get the PR card.
  • He also said that you can apply for SIN online.
  • Reminds you about quarantine
  • Asks about how to get foods and drugs to which i respond online

Next:
  • Wait for the next flight at the airport
  • Arrived at Toronto
  • Took a cab to my destination
  • Quarantine myself (12 days to go)

That's pretty much it,
No one asks about soft landing, so i believe one have the right to flight back whenever he wants as long as he is able to get the PR card mailed abroad.
i think what really counts here is the email we all received about CORP issued before 18 March and the quarantine plan, the rest is not fully enforced.
Does it really take you less than an hour to go through the whole process? I'm flying in 2 weeks and will land in Montreal and then going to my destination, Toronto. I have a 4.5 hrs layover and wonder if it's enough to go through the immigration process, collecting my baggage, check them in again for domestic flight and get onboard?

Doubleface72

Aug 2, 2020
Does it really take you less than an hour to go through the whole process? I'm flying in 2 weeks and will land in Montreal and then going to my destination, Toronto. I have a 4.5 hrs layover and wonder if it's enough to go through the immigration process, collecting my baggage, check them in again for domestic flight and get onboard?
From my own experience, 4h is definitly enough to go throught the hole process unless their is another flight coming at the same time, so please check flights arrivals before you take a decision.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
IMO that should be plenty of time. Right now the line ups at immigration are alot shorter than in normal times.

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Just to let everyone know, I landed successfully. I have a return ticket for 3 weeks from now - this didn't come up at any point during travel / immigration process. We were asked for quarantine address and proof of funds (after I informed them we had only a few hundred dollars in cash). They were happy with everything and all went smoothly.
Congratulations on your landing! Have a few questions!
1. Was your COPR/prv expired? If yes, were you granted an extension, and then approved for travel Via web form?

2. where did you fly from?

3. did anyone at your departing destination question the return ticket?

4. did they mention any specifics for quarantine?

Hajra789

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Has anyone with an expired COPR/prv successfully done a soft landing recently???

Have a whole list of questions for those who have actually landed and are planning on going back soon or have already left.

please reply!

thanks!

Reactions: Adam261

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Congratulations on your landing! Have a few questions!
1. Was your COPR/prv expired? If yes, were you granted an extension, and then approved for travel Via web form?

2. where did you fly from?

3. did anyone at your departing destination question the return ticket?

4. did they mention any specifics for quarantine?
Hi, thank you.

1. No, it wasn't
2. UK to Amsterdam to toronto (klm)
3. No one mentioned tickets
4. Basically repeated what is on cic website, handed over airbnb booking confirmation, asked what about groceries - replied we would use online delivery.

Hope that helps!

Tweetbird

Jun 14, 2019
Not heard any, people are just assuming, overthinking and making their own stories and creating panic, that's all.
True. There's nothing to panic about at all. My husband and I landed on August 8 and not a single person was interested in what our plans are. They just asked for Airbnb address, list of goods to follow and the amount of cash we were carrying. Nobody has the time or energy to waste on what people might do after quarantine. The official who stamped our COPR just said that in case one needs to travel before pr cards arrive, then would need to apply for PRTD from embassy of home country. This implies that once you get your pr cards you're free to travel anywhere.

Reactions: AmyRao

uskhan

Sep 14, 2019
Hi All,

I have a valid COPR approved before 18 March 2020,and I am planning to travel in September. I am aware of the quarantine plan and I have one too but it came to our notice that usually people show their Airbnb or hotel booking to the border officer. In my case I have family friends who are out of Canada for a month and are offering me their place to stay. The question is how to satisfy the border officer regarding that ?

Doubleface72

Aug 2, 2020
Hi All,

I have a valid COPR approved before 18 March 2020,and I am planning to travel in September. I am aware of the quarantine plan and I have one too but it came to our notice that usually people show their Airbnb or hotel booking to the border officer. In my case I have family friends who are out of Canada for a month and are offering me their place to stay. The question is how to satisfy the border officer regarding that ?
Its OK for the officer as long as your relatives are out of Canada.